Old 10 Oct 2016, 11:32 (Ref:3678916)   #1
John t m ball
Rookie

United Kingdom
Purley
John t m ball should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Patrick Bellingham

Hello Marshalls,

I am trying to find out if anybody remembers a Marshall in the late 50's to middle 60's called Patrick Bellingham, he lived near Banbury, Oxon.
He apparently marshalled at Silverstone?
I have corresponded with him in Florida, where he has lived for many years, but he is very elderly and cannot really communicate too much. His twin Daughters born in 1960 and Son in 1962 would like information as well as myself. My interest is that he owned a dark green/cream Jaguar XK120 FHC Reg PAT111 which apparently he raced in the 50's. Unfortunately we cannot find any record of that and would like to find photo's or some record ? The car was sometimes used as an unofficial test car for brakes as he worked at one time for Lockheed/Girling. He later owned an E Type that he crashed in a road accident. He also told me that he raced under other names of Pat Bell, Paddy Bell, Pat Alan and Paddy Alan as his father was against him racing !!!
According to his Daughters they used to be put in carry cots in the back of the E type FHC and driven by their late mother, who was a fast driver !

Any interesting information would be very helpful to me and of great interest to his surviving family.

Thank you
JOHN BALL - 07850436703
Old 10 Oct 2016, 17:27 (Ref:3678974)   #2
Pitsmarion
Rookie

Guernsey
Huntingdon
Pitsmarion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have you thought of contacting one of the Jaguar Owners Clubs - I believe there are a couple of them in UK? They often keep good records of competition cars, or may be able to put your request in one of their club magazines.
I hope you are successful in getting more information for the family
Old 10 Oct 2016, 18:59 (Ref:3679000)   #3
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
May be there are people who know better, but my recollections of racing in the 50's are that marshals tended to be members of the organising club, and I wonder if there was any official body for marshals. I can definitely recall seeing a number of quite well know drivers acting as marshals at races even up to Grand Prix level.
maybe the BRDC might be of some help?

Best of luck,

Bauble.