Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score does the Austrian Grand Prix get?
10 0 0%
9 1 3.03%
8 15 45.45%
7 11 33.33%
6 4 12.12%
5 1 3.03%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Jul 2016, 12:59 (Ref:3656470)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Austrian Grand Prix 2016

What score does the Austrian Grand Prix get?
Old 3 Jul 2016, 13:07 (Ref:3656473)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Call that a Grand Prix? A joke prix more like. Nerrrr.

It was basically just decided by tyres, fuel, who had the best car and how good they are as drivers. Is his really what the FANS want?
Old 3 Jul 2016, 14:18 (Ref:3656529)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Great race from start to finish.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 16:59 (Ref:3656616)   #4
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
8 from me as well. I'd put it just behind Monaco as this season's best race. Pretty good racing for most of the field. I suppose having a third tyre compound has really mixed things up for some tracks - and that was the case here.

Some good fights - good to see Button in 2nd for a while - and he did manage a 6th. Superb performance from Kimi - just a shame about that Ferrari strategy. Max was also superb. Some good passing by Pascal, Danny, Max. The Mercedes battle at the front did really spice up the ending - I didn't think that Hamilton was going to close up to Nico - but when he made that mistake, then that gave Lewis his chance - and well - the rest is history - and also, for the stewards to decide. It was good that we did have the two leading Mercedes drivers fighting for the lead - even if there was some controversy again, with them coming together. It would be a shame if we went back to team orders.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 17:42 (Ref:3656645)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Yeah, 8 is reasonable. It was a racey race with a number of battles. The rain over the weekend helped mix it up and some drivers got struck with bad luck. And then there was that last lap....so, yeah, good stuff.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 17:55 (Ref:3656651)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The race started off well and was pretty good up until Vettel's tyre went, then it tailed off and came back in the last 10 laps, especially the last lap.

One thing I noticed were the empty seats in the main stand.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 18:16 (Ref:3656666)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wanted to give it a 6, but misclicked 5.
It was an okay race, imo, but after Vettel retired with that exploding Pirelli tire, as I guess that's a feature now, it turned to mediocrity.

Positives, Wehrlein and Button performing very well.
Negatives, Lewis Hamilton being Lewis Hamilton.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 18:50 (Ref:3656698)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
interesting race some very strange and unexpected cars did well and some interesting overtaking gave it 7
Old 3 Jul 2016, 20:00 (Ref:3656752)   #9
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
It was pretty good anyway, but climaxed at exactly the right point. I like well timed climax's.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 21:08 (Ref:3656771)   #10
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
8. Not scintillating in the middle, but qually and the end of the race were mega.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 11:00 (Ref:3656862)   #11
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Really enjoyed it, these "old school" circuits buried in a forest halfway up a mountain rock!
Old 4 Jul 2016, 11:32 (Ref:3656867)   #12
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
7. Enjoyed it except for the silly ending, and the crowd booing.

Pity about Vettel's tyre - took the edge off the battle for 3rd and subsequent places.

Good scraps around the field, and credit to Wehrlein, although he was lucky to get a point when Perez ploughed off at the end......still, that's racing
Old 4 Jul 2016, 13:51 (Ref:3656894)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8. Great venue which seems to encourage racing.

Credit to Merc for letting their drivers fight until the end.
Old 5 Jul 2016, 11:24 (Ref:3657055)   #14
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
It was ok. I gave it a 7. It probably deserved a 8, but I deducted one mark for the travesty of a race track and the beautiful thing it destroyed two decades ago. Hopefully the news of bringing the western loop back does actually happen and they don't totally castrate it with miles of tarmac run-off (which in reality, is bound to happen).
Old 6 Jul 2016, 12:36 (Ref:3657246)   #15
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting ending. 7.
Old 8 Jul 2016, 22:18 (Ref:3657718)   #16
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Between 7/8, was pretty interesting throughout, then the last lap was something else