Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Apr 2017, 09:01 (Ref:3724569)   #26
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
More seriously the gps data logging systems present another advantage, they record. Now even the on-board images must be kept at disposition of the organiser so I guess everything will have to be shortly.
Old 8 Apr 2017, 10:16 (Ref:3724598)   #27
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Or you could consider a gps data logger system.
Yet more expense. It all adds up.
Old 8 Apr 2017, 10:45 (Ref:3724609)   #28
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Yet more expense. It all adds up.
Indeed Andy. Some models go for cheap (SkyRC SK around 57€ plus shipping) thanks to the Chinese industry. What worries me are the "new rules" everything being policed very soon. On board images are no longer our property and you can't refuse an organiser to put a camera in your car and use the images for whatever wanted commercial or not. When I go racing its not to have a policeman on board!. or a virtual mother in law!
Old 8 Apr 2017, 23:03 (Ref:3724838)   #29
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought the code 60 worked pretty well, okay not everyone was doing 60 BUT everyone did slow down considerably and no overtaking that I saw.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 8 Apr 2017, 23:07 (Ref:3724840)   #30
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And - superb grids with some close racing (as we have come to expect) doesn't make our job any easier but it does keep us busy lol.

Galleries are in the usual place:

Saturday

Sunday

Really good to catch up with old friends and quite a few new ones, see you all at Thruxton

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 9 Apr 2017, 17:57 (Ref:3725080)   #31
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back in the late '90s they used a new flag (black and orange quartered?) for a year or two but it dropped out of favour for some reason. I think competitors had to slow down to a 'safe' speed (maybe 50 mph) and not overtake but I don't think you had to hold station, so in the end a bit like a safety car situation.

I did a race at Mallory and a car went off at the esses and had to be moved so this flag came out and it was all a bit chaotic, next time round the lead car went into the pits, drove slowly straight through and came back out in about 4th place. The three of us who went past (in accordance with the regulations) were all called to the clerk of the course after the race to explain why we had passed the leader. Race control hadn't noticed his pit road detour!
Another competitor slowed down to about 30 mph and we passed him but no mention made of that.
Old 9 Apr 2017, 19:14 (Ref:3725095)   #32
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We use the Battenburg flag in karting. Everyone is supposed to be in one long train, it works really well.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk