Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jan 2004, 19:55 (Ref:852740)   #51
Arnoldus
Rookie

Arnoldus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'or being realistic.'

That's right! Which confirms that it's mainly about money, not talent...

(or supposed talent)
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:08 (Ref:852761)   #52
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jos would also cost Jordan nothing, his sponsors would pay him a salary, + Jordan would get the 8 million euro's from the sponsors.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:10 (Ref:852764)   #53
Arnoldus
Rookie

Arnoldus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it likely EJ will get 2 drivers with both cash and talent? McNish? No talent (for F1)! Cash, maybe (B&H)...
Heidfeld? Talent, but no cash.
Firman? Talent? Doubtful! Cash? Maybe.
Verstappen? Talent, yes or no. Cash? Definitively!

So, no! EJ should at least sign Verstappen to be safe.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:12 (Ref:852770)   #54
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Heidfeld just wants to have a drive for this season! He wants to be in F1, if no pay will come his way then so be it! What Eddie really needs though is money

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:13 (Ref:852771)   #55
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
If you can put 1 and 1 together you can see that Jordan are in deep ****, even Minardi have 2 drivers for 2004, Jordan have none, there must be a reason for that.

But they could have if they took Jos's £8 mill, then....

Quote:
Jos would also cost Jordan nothing, his sponsors would pay him a salary, + Jordan would get the 8 million euro's from the sponsors.
Sounds peachy doesn't it, £8 mill and not having to pay a salary, so why isn't it happening? Maybe Jordan have something better lined up for themselves. (That admittedly, we don't know what)
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:15 (Ref:852775)   #56
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Eddie can get the Trust-money without having to sign Jos. If you read the comments carefully, it is Jos and his people who have broken off all negotations. Perhaps Trust put a drive for Jos forward as a condition to sponsor, but Eddie was not willing to give in to that demand. So no Jos, but does that neccesarily mean no Trust either? Trust wants F1-exposure and can get if fairly easy if only they pay the price. Perhaps a bit less one Jos isn't part of the deal, but still...

Besides, Trust is giving an interest in Christijan Albers as well albeit for 2005. Perhaps they want to speed things up now that Jos doesn't seem to be in favour of the Jordan-people. Perhaps Albers is. Mercedes will let him go and in a shockmove, Albers can be confirmed as a Jordan GP-driver within the next ten days, happily sponsored by Trust!
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:20 (Ref:852787)   #57
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
But they could have if they took Jos's £8 mill, then....

Sounds peachy doesn't it, £8 mill and not having to pay a salary, so why isn't it happening? Maybe Jordan have something better lined up for themselves. (That admittedly, we don't know what)
8 million euro's that is, and EJ wants to sign Jos, but Jos does'nt want to sign the contract that EJ presented(wich he did today) because there where to much conditions in the contract he and the sponsors did'nt like and Jordan could'nt give the guarantee they can finish the season.

Jordan does'nt have anything better lined up, but breaking of the negotiations was'nt EJ's decision, it was Jos's managment and sponsors who decided that.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:23 (Ref:852791)   #58
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuyEddie
Maybe Eddie can get the Trust-money without having to sign Jos. If you read the comments carefully, it is Jos and his people who have broken off all negotations. Perhaps Trust put a drive for Jos forward as a condition to sponsor, but Eddie was not willing to give in to that demand. So no Jos, but does that neccesarily mean no Trust either? Trust wants F1-exposure and can get if fairly easy if only they pay the price. Perhaps a bit less one Jos isn't part of the deal, but still...

Besides, Trust is giving an interest in Christijan Albers as well albeit for 2005. Perhaps they want to speed things up now that Jos doesn't seem to be in favour of the Jordan-people. Perhaps Albers is. Mercedes will let him go and in a shockmove, Albers can be confirmed as a Jordan GP-driver within the next ten days, happily sponsored by Trust!

No way any of that will happen, certainly not Albers joining Jordan this year, breaking of the negotiations was a decision not only made by Jos but also by Michel Peridon and Harry Muermans.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:25 (Ref:852797)   #59
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

Quote:
No way any of that will happen, certainly not Albers joining Jordan this year, breaking of the negotiations was a decision not only made by Jos but also by Michel Peridon and Harry Muermans.
Trust haven't commented yet. Perridon only said that there was no solid base for colaboration between the two parties. What two parties? Trust and Jordan or Jos and Jordan?
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:28 (Ref:852802)   #60
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Steve, do you actually have some involvement with Jos or Trust or are you just making things up or passing rumours off as fact.

Verstappen's F1 career is over. The Jordan team will be racing with two other drivers.

Get over it!
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:32 (Ref:852810)   #61
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know we are all into speculation as we don't actually KNOW any of the fatcs behind the deal, or in reality what was in the contract between EJ and Trust/Jos.

But, aren't Jordan to receive $12M in a one off payment under the new SLEC/GPWC agreement, if you add that to the FIA payments for 2004,that must equal around $25M dollars. If you add Trust's alledged E8M, surely that is the basis of a workable budget before any B&H money and the budget from the 2nd driver?

Whatever, looks a lot more than 3 races worth to me.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:34 (Ref:852811)   #62
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTW folks, lets try and keep this one on the straight and level....bearing in mind Wrex's tolerance thread....
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:35 (Ref:852813)   #63
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
OK, maybe you are right, and Jos's career could be over, that leaves us with the question: why did'nt he sign the contract if not signing is the end of his career?
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:38 (Ref:852816)   #64
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

Quote:
OK, maybe you are right, and Jos's career could be over, that leaves us with the question: why did'nt he sign the contract if not signing is the end of his career?
Because it wasn't his to sign. Him driving for Jordan in 2004 was merely a condition for the Trust/Muermans-Jordan deal, set forward by Michel Perridon. Obviously Eddie is interested in anything financial Trust and Muermans have to offer (this is Eddie Jordan, remember) but wasn't to keen on the condition meaning that Jos would get a drive. So if Eddie refuses to sign any deal that made Jos one of his drivers, than there is no deal. Still leaves the way for Trust and Muermans to drop that condition and get on without Jos. Why wouldn't they? Trust is already eyeing Albers as we speak.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:39 (Ref:852817)   #65
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer
I know we are all into speculation as we don't actually KNOW any of the fatcs behind the deal, or in reality what was in the contract between EJ and Trust/Jos.

But, aren't Jordan to receive $12M in a one off payment under the new SLEC/GPWC agreement, if you add that to the FIA payments for 2004,that must equal around $25M dollars. If you add Trust's alledged E8M, surely that is the basis of a workable budget before any B&H money and the budget from the 2nd driver?

Whatever, looks a lot more than 3 races worth to me.
That also seemed the case with Arrows(Orange and Red Bull), still they only lasted half a season.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:39 (Ref:852819)   #66
Katieknight1984
Rookie

Katieknight1984 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not surprised it ended without a deal it was taking to long
anyway.
There must be times when Joann Villeneuve still doubts her wisdom in letting Jacques step in to that little kart at Imola all those years ago, but race fans around the world are eternally grateful, for in Jacques we have a racer of the old school, and a legend in his own right.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:48 (Ref:852832)   #67
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuyEddie
Because it wasn't his to sign. Him driving for Jordan in 2004 was merely a condition for the Trust/Muermans-Jordan deal, set forward by Michel Perridon. Obviously Eddie is interested in anything financial Trust and Muermans have to offer (this is Eddie Jordan, remember) but wasn't to keen on the condition meaning that Jos would get a drive. So if Eddie refuses to sign any deal that made Jos one of his drivers, than there is no deal. Still leaves the way for Trust and Muermans to drop that condition and get on without Jos. Why wouldn't they? Trust is already eyeing Albers as we speak.
that Albers story is a rumour, the chairman of his fanclub knows nothing about that(he also posts on Christijans website forums).

and EJ DID offer Jos a contract today, it maybe hard to believe for you but if Jos had signed he would have driven for Jordan.

edited for allegations
ST

Last edited by Super Tourer; 27 Jan 2004 at 21:00.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:56 (Ref:852841)   #68
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Can we keep the unsubstantiated allegations out of the thread, or we will have to close it.

ST
Old 27 Jan 2004, 21:03 (Ref:852850)   #69
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
That was'nt unsubstantiated, it's a well known fact(about the Jordan wing)
Old 27 Jan 2004, 21:03 (Ref:852851)   #70
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

Quote:
that Albers story is a rumour, the chairman of his fanclub knows nothing about that(he also posts on Christijans website forums).

and EJ DID offer Jos a contract today, it maybe hard to believe for you but if Jos had signed he would have driven for Jordan.

edited for allegations
ST
Well Trust have confirmed that they are eyeing Christijan for 2005. I'm not surprised that the fanclub doesn't know, because what business is it of them?

The claim that EJ offered Jos a contract today is yet unfounded. What's your source (preferable non-Dutch)?
Old 27 Jan 2004, 21:08 (Ref:852859)   #71
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
for 1, it's on Jos's own site and also on autosport.com

and Trust have never said anything about Christijan, you are confusing them with Wilux(who have said they would want to suport Christijan in F1 but only at Minardi)
Old 27 Jan 2004, 21:14 (Ref:852868)   #72
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

Quote:
Trust turns attention to Albers

Dutch technologies company Trust looks set to turn its attentions from Jos Verstappen to compatriot Christijan Albers in the near future as it pursues its motorsport sponsoring agenda.

Albers was scheduled to meet with Trust today to talk about possible sponsorship and backing in 2005 as he continues to look for a major sponsorship to ease him into F1.

In 2004 Albers will compete in the DTM Touring Car series with the full works backing of Mercedes.

When asked whether Albers was meeting with Trust and whether there was any truth in rumours that the company is looking to back him in 2005 a spokesman told F1Racing.net, "At the moment we don't think there is any real news that would be of interest to you. Of course we are talking with Christijan now and then, just like we are doing with Jos Verstappen who is our main focus at the moment."

The autosport sight merely states that Jordan has offered something. Of course that is the case. If Eddie needs to be offering something, because he needs to sell something. There lies an offer for over three months now, yet nor Trust nor Verstappen seem able to meet that offer. So, no deal.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 21:18 (Ref:852873)   #73
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Eddie, you are bending the facts............
Old 27 Jan 2004, 21:21 (Ref:852881)   #74
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

No I'm not. Im quoting a newsarticle in which Trust admits they have talks with Albers. Why would they if Albers wasnt of any interest for them? Albers is Dutch, is succesful at his game and is capable of luring thousands of fans to Zandvoort. This is huge potential.

As the offer is concerned, well, I think i was pretty clear on that one.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 21:27 (Ref:852889)   #75
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Firstly, with mod hat on:
Quote:
i]Originally posted by steve nielsen [/i]
That was'nt unsubstantiated, it's a well known fact(about the Jordan wing)
Please provide a source for this very serious allegation. I, for one, didn't know it. Not that I am claiming that means it isn't true, just perhaps it isn't that well wrong.

Generally my comment:

Quote:
for 1, it's on Jos's own site and also on autosport.com
Autosport are reporting what was on Jos's website - So it would be on both! http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=25864&s=5
Quote:
autosport.com
According to the Dutchman's personal website...
The information available to us at the moment appears to be primarily on Verstappen's own website. With other sources reporting the information on that. Not that I am saying Jos is lying, but it is only one side of the story and could well be a little biased. The only thing it does seem to show is that the deal has fallen through, however the details of why are anyone's guess at the moment.

Last edited by Adam43; 27 Jan 2004 at 21:30.