Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 18 Dec 2003, 12:58 (Ref:815075)   #126
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
cool, nice to know people are having some sucsses with it
Old 24 Dec 2003, 16:02 (Ref:820048)   #127
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey I know I'm alittle late to the thread, but I'd like to say this is a very good game.

I would say before playing it, I had very little appreciation for the skill it takes to drive the ovals. But now, man, nothing but admiration for the skill involved! It is so hard to pass at the high speeds these cars attain, that its almost ridiculous! Get into a draft of the car in front of you, and then try to pass, without killing yourself, or without causing a major shunt! Wow! I love this game!

My two complaints would be, the graphics are not the best I've seen, but the sound is very cool, and I had to change my keyboard, because the original gas/brake and steering controls were just to difficult to get both hands on.

This game will be having me watching the IRL with a new understanding of the skill these drivers have.

Danica Patrick
Old 2 Oct 2004, 13:08 (Ref:1113327)   #128
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I got this game a month ago and I can't understand how you set AI to 100% to unlock those last few cards......it doesn't appear to be adjustable.

Anyone any ideas?

Love this game..........bit easy to take pole and win but still provides good exciting racing.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 13:35 (Ref:1113342)   #129
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Theres an option somewhere that can set ti AI to adapt to your skill level, you need to switch it off to make them perform at 100%.

Or just be really good at it!

Crikey, I havent even got the new game yet....
Old 2 Oct 2004, 15:44 (Ref:1113420)   #130
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I want the new game, but I don't know if it's worth the full price.

I'm happy with this one anyways.

I've never been so satisfied as when I honed the setup for Pheonix to perfection and won the race with some masterful traffic dodging on full distance!
Old 2 Oct 2004, 15:46 (Ref:1113424)   #131
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
My setups for Phoenix suck. I can barley drive the place as well.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 16:43 (Ref:1113442)   #132
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I hated Phoenix to begin with.....you've just gotta give it time.

The setup I've got is just about good enough to win on Pro, but you are barely faster than the others. The trick is to be decisive in traffic.

I was battling with Helio for a good few laps until we hit traffic.......

I can post the setup if you want it, but as I say, it's barely good enough. And you've gotta be inch perfect on track!

The one track I do struggle on is that bloody paperclip one......name escapes me. I'm gonna work on that one tonight I think.

I can get pole on it easily but I get swamped in the race!
Old 3 Oct 2004, 10:23 (Ref:1113854)   #133
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds like Gateway.

I can win on all the tracks apart from Nashville and Gateway.
I can qualify about 5th but then I just can't win there far to fast.
But I did win at Nashville and Gateway once but that was when the lead guys pitted 1 lap before they should have.
And I had to block to keep my lead.

I had problems with Phoneix to begin with but you just have to put the fuel milage on max (7) and just drive flat out the hole way and make shore your quick around the back markers. But I can never stp locking my wheels. But at lesat on low fuel I can take turns 3 and 4 flat out.

Great game.

Although Kansas, Nazerth, and Fontana are far to easy.
Especialy Indy I laped the field twice on the real length distance!

Last edited by luke; 3 Oct 2004 at 10:26.
Old 6 Oct 2004, 00:58 (Ref:1116484)   #134
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, Kanasas and Califonia are to easy aswell, I think I can win Indy but there seem to be a dissproportianate ammount of Yellows compared to say, California, which annoys me as I had a 10sec lead (on full ai) and ran the last 50 laps green. As opposed to Indy were I have a qual set up to probably get pole but my race setup takes to long to get going, so it pans out:
Start 5th - 2nd Yellow 2nd -> 4th -> 1st, yellow, 1st -> 3rd -> crash out getting frustrated trying to go around the outside of Helio or something.

The worst indy was one were I had like a 40secs lead by pit stratagy and had 20 laps to go and I dnfed by locking up and hitting the pit wall on the entry to the pits
Old 6 Oct 2004, 01:01 (Ref:1116485)   #135
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh and is it Nashville with the funny concrete blocks? that was very frustrating as I qualifed on pole by about 6mph, but the race set up is booger with silly gear ratios.

Damn after playing Nascar 2003 I took great in game setups for granted. But it does make it more challenging.
Old 15 Feb 2005, 13:22 (Ref:1226164)   #136
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey everyone, now that my keyboard works I'm now playing the great game again.
Last night I did Homestead, full distance, hard level, etc and I was Felipe Giaffone in the Hollwood Mo nunn, G-force.
The race at Homestead I finished 15th 3 laps down, then at Phoenix carshed out before half distance when Sam Hornish tapped me into a spin, then I was collected on the front strech by the pit wall.
Does anyone have any good set-ups, as I noticed the car was very difficult to drive at both circuits.
Perticuly a none twitchy type, nice and balanced, for Fontana that I will do tonight.

Thanks,
luke.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 10:25 (Ref:1227015)   #137
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Chris Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A general rule I found out was just to set the rear wing to minimum, regardless of track, even if it means having a negative figure (not sure how that works really, as surely the rear of the car then becomes a plane?). I've tweaked my Indy set-up but can't quite a 235mph lap, the best I can managed is 234.999mph - really frustrating. FOr Homestead IIRC I have the front downforce at about 13-14 deg, with the rear at minimum. Can't remember off hand what any other settings were (I'm don't think I changed suspension, etc) Hope that helps
Old 16 Feb 2005, 12:00 (Ref:1227117)   #138
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Thanks, I will toy around with it then, the best lap round Indy I've got is 231mph with the default set up.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 08:44 (Ref:1227969)   #139
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Chris Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you fiddle with the tyre pressure at Indy you should be able to go a fair bit faster. IIRC my Indy qualifying set up is 0.8deg front and -4deg rear wing. You just have to be real careful and up the front downforce for the actual race.