Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Feb 2018, 10:26 (Ref:3803365)   #201
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
The McLaren MCL33

That's what I was hoping for and with the blue sharkfin and wings, it's reminiscent of the M8F Can-Am car, pictured here driven by the late Peter Revson.

However, like the McLaren team apparel for 2018, there's a distinct lack of sponsors.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 12:38 (Ref:3803384)   #202
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Works for me. Alarming lack of stickers on the car.....

I thought Zak was supposedly the (self proclaimed?) latterday Guy Edwards. Sell a fridge to an eskimo and all that.
To be fair to Zak, he doesn't have much to 'sell' after the last few years performance, which is why they turned their back on Honda's millions to get a better on track performance. It's a tough business at the best of times, but when your car doesn't even make the start of a race and when it does run it is woeful, you don't have much of a product to sell and sponsors won't buy a multi million pound package based on what McLaren did 20 or even 10 years ago.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3803388)   #203
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The car's wheelbase now is too long. They should dictate a shorter wheelbase. Would make the cars look better and also throw up new challenges for packaging that rear end which is now so small it looks odd. It would also make the cars edgy and harder to drive in fast corners.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 13:28 (Ref:3803392)   #204
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Have to say I love the fact both Ferrari and McLaren have gone for one major colour, as it makes the liveries attractive. It actually helps that Ferrari doesn't have Santander as a sponsor anymore, as it means no more white, just plain red, with a bit of Italian flag
Old 23 Feb 2018, 13:44 (Ref:3803399)   #205
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
In your opinion......

Orange with blue works for me!
the orange and blue together are about as close to colour nirvana as you can get (what can i say, i’m a colour nerd ), but there’s not enough of the blue to break up the orange. from the side it looks like they’ve forgotten to put the rest of the decals on it. away from f1, they break up block colours by using swirly bits, god knows why f1 is so allergic to the same principle.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 15:09 (Ref:3803418)   #206
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Works for me. Alarming lack of stickers on the car.....

I thought Zak was supposedly the (self proclaimed?) latterday Guy Edwards. Sell a fridge to an eskimo and all that.
Eskimos haven't been buying terrible Formula 1 teams the past few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
The MCL33 on track...

That's badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
The car's wheelbase now is too long. They should dictate a shorter wheelbase. Would make the cars look better and also throw up new challenges for packaging that rear end which is now so small it looks odd. It would also make the cars edgy and harder to drive in fast corners.
Yes, this hurts the look of the current prototypes as well. However, I think it is for aerodynamic stability and safety in their case.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 15:27 (Ref:3803425)   #207
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Have to say I love the fact both Ferrari and McLaren have gone for one major colour, as it makes the liveries attractive. It actually helps that Ferrari doesn't have Santander as a sponsor anymore, as it means no more white, just plain red, with a bit of Italian flag
absolutely agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
the orange and blue together are about as close to colour nirvana as you can get (what can i say, i’m a colour nerd )...
reading a bit about AkzoNobel, the Mclaren partner and company which developed the paints and application method as well. this is their press release about it.

https://www.akzonobel.com/for-media/...1-teams-racing

The McLaren team relies on AkzoNobel’s coatings technology to provide color, protection and performance – all essential elements for F1 racing. The innovative coating systems supplied by the company have enabled the McLaren Formula 1 team to significantly reduce the total weight of paint and decrease processing time by more than 50%.

so in addition to looking sharp there are performance gains to be found on the track and in the factory. to me this is what Mclaren is all about so love that aspect of it!

lot written about why the colours were chosen but im looking around to see if i can find out more about how the colours, the paint, the application process etc were created/developed.

Papaya Spark,Burton Blue, and Cerulean Blue....great names btw!
Old 23 Feb 2018, 21:55 (Ref:3803494)   #208
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when F1 teams spend billions how come none of them are capable of putting an interesting colour scheme on their cars?
Old 23 Feb 2018, 23:28 (Ref:3803506)   #209
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loon View Post
when F1 teams spend billions how come none of them are capable of putting an interesting colour scheme on their cars?
Your right they know nothing .....
Old 23 Feb 2018, 23:43 (Ref:3803507)   #210
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
and don't forget Honda used to pay them 100 million $, now they have to PAY 30 million for their engines
How did they get that right?

RBR paid $86M last year.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 23:48 (Ref:3803508)   #211
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Its very complicated and involves many different people in committees and focus groups, once a decision is made, then the exact colour has to be mixed in special aerodynamic paint and this costs millions. This is F1 after all.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 00:31 (Ref:3803513)   #212
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Two reasons. Firstly, their priority is on how fast the car goes and not what colour it is. Secondly it is nigh on impossible to get an F1 fan to actually like anything.

I like it.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 04:46 (Ref:3803527)   #213
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Hamilton likes the new McLaren. This from Alonso's Instagram page...

Old 24 Feb 2018, 07:30 (Ref:3803542)   #214
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Two reasons. Secondly it is nigh on impossible to get an F1 fan to actually like anything.

I like it.
If tenths posters are in harmony with the rest of the world then the vast majority approve of the new McLaren scheme.....

Perhaps that unwritten space on the side pods is being saved for a title sponsor!
Old 24 Feb 2018, 09:22 (Ref:3803563)   #215
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
How did they get that right?

RBR paid $86M last year.
for BOTH RBR and TR
Old 24 Feb 2018, 12:31 (Ref:3803593)   #216
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
oooh, the renault looks awesome in motion! they just posted a video on their twitter feed...

https://twitter.com/renaultsportf1/s...70733516095488
Old 24 Feb 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3803595)   #217
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Am I cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
oooh, the renault looks awesome in motion! they just posted a video on their twitter feed...

https://twitter.com/renaultsportf1/s...70733516095488
It looks dope sis.

Did I get that right?
Old 24 Feb 2018, 14:03 (Ref:3803611)   #218
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I read somewhere that Renault admitted the car 'launched' is the 2017 car with the 2018 livery and the new car wont be seen until Barcelona testing. A few people in the know with the look pointed it out, forcing the admission. Cant find the story again mind you.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 14:48 (Ref:3803618)   #219
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it was more the colour scheme i was drooling over, predominantly black cars usually look a bit odd in motion.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 19:16 (Ref:3803669)   #220
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
I read somewhere that Renault admitted the car 'launched' is the 2017 car with the 2018 livery and the new car wont be seen until Barcelona testing. A few people in the know with the look pointed it out, forcing the admission. Cant find the story again mind you.
Gary Anderson suggested this might be the case after the initial reveal. Autosport’s current headline story is that that Renault admit this https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...representative

Although I’m confused as this isnt a story about McLaren
Old 24 Feb 2018, 19:54 (Ref:3803682)   #221
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Although I’m confused as this isnt a story about McLaren
zak brown must have been unavailable for a quote
Old 24 Feb 2018, 20:57 (Ref:3803692)   #222
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
One f the 100 stories promised to Cyril Bullshit when they agreed the engine deal...
Old 24 Feb 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3803693)   #223
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Old 24 Feb 2018, 23:46 (Ref:3803712)   #224
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Macaroon is nice. But nothing going on in front of side pods tell me they are hiding something for track day. Look at the rear suspension from the top. It's strange. Strange suspension from Mclaren scares me.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 23:55 (Ref:3803714)   #225
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Yes, most of the teams don't reveal their full hand until the final test. Or even first race weekend. The McLaren I suspect is one car that is not in full race spec for sure.

The barge boards area in front of the side pods will be the biggest development race this year. Watch how complicated this area will get with all sorts of aero developments as the year progresses. It ain't going to look pretty.