Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 26 Nov 2007, 17:51 (Ref:2075928)   #26
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any news of a TV deal?
Old 26 Nov 2007, 23:49 (Ref:2076138)   #27
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Any news of a TV deal?
Nothing announced yet. I imagine they'd concentrate on those countries with teams already signed up to begin with.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 23:55 (Ref:2076142)   #28
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So probably Eurosport or Motors TV then. That way they get comprehensive coverage across Europe without having to worry about getting contracts with indavidual networks in each country like A1 GP does.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 18:30 (Ref:2076691)   #29
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
So probably Eurosport or Motors TV then. That way they get comprehensive coverage across Europe without having to worry about getting contracts with indavidual networks in each country like A1 GP does.
Eurosport? Let's hope they go to a broadcaster that's FTA in the UK ...
Old 29 Nov 2007, 10:59 (Ref:2077864)   #30
racecontrol
Racer

European Union
racecontrol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also some teams name have been disclosed:

Eurointernational, JAS, Playteam, Astromega, Van Amersfoort, GU Racing.
Old 29 Nov 2007, 11:33 (Ref:2077882)   #31
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But I note that the Donington Race program (recently up on their website) lists the event as "provisional".

Perhaps the cheque is still held up in the post?

Jim
Old 29 Nov 2007, 19:01 (Ref:2078134)   #32
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a little more info here
it does say below the dates "subject to FIA confirmation"
Old 14 Jan 2008, 23:16 (Ref:2106251)   #33
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's still not dead - they even had two cars on show at Autosport. I'm worried that this series might actually race...
Old 15 Jan 2008, 00:06 (Ref:2106282)   #34
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I for one am not worried that the series might race, rather pleased that it might. Sounds like a ideal category for drivers who have finished GP2/WSR and cant break into F1 or Champcar for whatever reason, and with high powered single seaters that should be every bit as fast as GP2 cars they should put on a great spectacle from what I have heard.
Old 17 Jan 2008, 17:02 (Ref:2108150)   #35
Lightning Bug
Racer

Lightning Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't that same thing apply to A1GP though?
Old 17 Jan 2008, 18:07 (Ref:2108201)   #36
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Bug
Yes, but A1GP is Asia-centric.
Old 17 Jan 2008, 20:34 (Ref:2108284)   #37
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Yes, but A1GP is Asia-centric.
No it's not - quite the reverse. Have a look at http://www.a1gp.com/.

AUS BRA CAN CHN CZE FRA GER GBR IND INA IRL ITA LEB MAL MEX NED NZL PAK POR RSA SUI USA .

Only four of those are "asian".

Regards

Jim
Old 18 Jan 2008, 09:50 (Ref:2108590)   #38
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Bug
A1 seems to be for Formula Renault guys hoping to move up to F3 these days: I can't see this series even being up to that level, to be honest.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 11:15 (Ref:2108641)   #39
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
A1 GP for Formula Renault drivers hoping to make it into F3? Personally I dont agree with that, sure there are some drivers who are Formula 3 level but most of those are front runners in their respective series, the rest as we know come from a background of GP2 or even Formula One in some cases.

Regarding the super league formula though, personally I can see the series attracting drivers of a similar standard to A1 GP/WSR or ex GP2 drivers who cant get a drive in F1 or Champcar for whatever reason. Make no mistake, if the cars produce the promised figures then they will need very good drivers, 750bhp single seaters are going to be seriously fast cars.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 21:33 (Ref:2109050)   #40
Adri_tifosi
Veteran

Spain
Jerez
Adri_tifosi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
West Tec will race with the FC Porto Colours

Congratulations John and Gavin !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.teamwest-tec.com/websitefiles/News/news.htm

And a very good photo !!!!!!!!

http://superleagueformula.files.word..._porto_031.jpg
Old 19 Jan 2008, 15:10 (Ref:2109403)   #41
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Indeed good news for both West Tec and Superleague. I know West Tec havent got a proven track record at this level but they have been competitive at both Club F3 and Formula Renault level so fingers crossed they can get to grips with the new Formula Superleague car quickly too.

Interesting to note that the FC porto was sporting Michelin slicks, could it be that Michelin are to be the supplier to Formula Superleague? Would certainly make sense especially as they dont have any F1 commitments these days.
Old 19 Jan 2008, 18:19 (Ref:2109469)   #42
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
OJB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who has designed the chassis? It looks a bit mid-90s F1 for my liking, but I'm always a fan of burgoning series (even if I don't really like football), so I shall watch this with interest.
Old 20 Jan 2008, 16:50 (Ref:2109950)   #43
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJB
Who has designed the chassis? It looks a bit mid-90s F1 for my liking, but I'm always a fan of burgoning series (even if I don't really like football), so I shall watch this with interest.
Elan designed the chassis.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 16:04 (Ref:2110623)   #44
orrmate
Rookie

United Nations
Leeds, Yorkshire, England
orrmate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Call me a critic, but I just can't see this catching on. As has been mentioned, from a commercial point of view it doesn't make sense. Motor Racing is a sport that relies on Sponsorship, but it sounds as if there won't be sponsors involved in this one. So does that mean football teams will foot the bill? I don't see what benefit it'd be to them.

I'm sorry, but aside from the fact that this doesn't seem commercially viable, I don't think it'll catch on with either racing or football fans. To put this into perspective, it's a bit like Rugby teams wearing Football teams colours, to create some kind of gimmick. Pointless.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 16:54 (Ref:2110650)   #45
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
OK, you're a critic.

But, more seriously, where do you think the money is coming from? Car/engine manufacturers don't do it for free, teams don't run things for free, drivers don't (at this level) do it for free. They either get money or bring money.

And finally footie teams don't do things for nothing. They either get money or pay for the publicity.

You could argue that all concerned believe that the huge spectator draw of football will bring in thousands of people paying lots of ££.

Maybe that is why the date is still provisional on the Donington website.

Regards

Jim
Old 22 Jan 2008, 22:07 (Ref:2111565)   #46
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by orrmate
Call me a critic, but I just can't see this catching on. As has been mentioned, from a commercial point of view it doesn't make sense. Motor Racing is a sport that relies on Sponsorship, but it sounds as if there won't be sponsors involved in this one. So does that mean football teams will foot the bill? I don't see what benefit it'd be to them.

I'm sorry, but aside from the fact that this doesn't seem commercially viable, I don't think it'll catch on with either racing or football fans. To put this into perspective, it's a bit like Rugby teams wearing Football teams colours, to create some kind of gimmick. Pointless.
The teams in A1GP do not have individual sponsors however the series does have a few main sponsors and they are managing.

With the Superleague all the football teams are heavily sponsored any way, all this provides is another outlet for awareness. People will associate the colours of the cars with the football teams therefore making the subconcious link with the teams sponsor. its the brand colour that will catch the eye not the signwriting.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 19:36 (Ref:2129015)   #47
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
http://www.sportbusiness.com/britspo...league-formula

Yesterday's news, but this looks exciting and will give it a bit more credibility. Let's hope this pays off.
Old 16 Feb 2008, 19:59 (Ref:2130480)   #48
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Mods, just a thought - could this thread be renamed something like "SuperLeagueFormula 2008"? It just seems like this is less about the dates and more of a general thread about SF now.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 01:50 (Ref:2130624)   #49
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
they need a race in china one day
Old 17 Feb 2008, 20:51 (Ref:2131128)   #50
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lam Pak
they need a race in china one day
That's planned at some point, but I don't think they should as they'd have to tote the whole lot of to Asia, it's best for them to stay European for the time being. Also, no Chinese football clubs have signed up yet.

Tags
superleague formula