Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 26 Jul 2000, 07:36 (Ref:25736)   #1
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can anyone help?

Last night, I PM'd another ten-tenths member with a request, and I see from my email that they responded at 3.09AM UK time.

However, my in-box reports no new messages in the last 48 hours.

Any idea where it's got to? And can we recover it, or should I contact the other person again?
Old 26 Jul 2000, 09:58 (Ref:25745)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There is something peculiar happening. There was a thread about the Snetterton race which has disappeared.
Old 26 Jul 2000, 10:48 (Ref:25759)   #3
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I noticed that too.

Wos Apaneen?
Old 26 Jul 2000, 13:56 (Ref:25811)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Tim, without trying to sound defensive, there's no problem with the Private Messaging system. The reason that I know this is that it doesn't send email notification in the same way that the forum itself does (at the present time, anyway) so it couldn't have been informing you of a reply to your message

Peter, there are three Snetterton topics that I found without too much trouble - they're in the Trackside forum - are any of these the one you've lost ?
Old 26 Jul 2000, 14:06 (Ref:25814)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No.
Old 26 Jul 2000, 14:19 (Ref:25823)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
OK, what was it called, and where was it located ? If it's been deleted by any of the admins or forum hosts, it'll be in the Pulled Posts forum.
Old 26 Jul 2000, 14:30 (Ref:25827)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It may well be because its in the Historic Forum under a different heading. Don't know how Sparkster and me got the posts there. Maybe its mad Gouda disease!!!
Old 26 Jul 2000, 14:53 (Ref:25844)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I'd take it up with the relevant forum host then, Mr M - i'm afraid the guy who runs that particular forum is going a little senile... please be patient with him though, he can't help it!
Old 26 Jul 2000, 15:06 (Ref:25855)   #9
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the tip Craig.

I have now found my message actually lurking in the body of the email. At a brief glance, it looked just like a post notification, only with no thread ID.

Same source address, you see. This bear of very little brain put two and two together and went straight to the PM inbox.

As the old song goes, "I can see Diedre now, Lorraine has gone."
Old 26 Jul 2000, 15:18 (Ref:25866)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Dierdrie ? Isn't she the scarey one from Coronation Street ?

The way that the forum handles email by listing forum@ten-tenths.com as the sender is bloody annoying - i'm hoping that the author of the software will fix this up for the next release.

Glad it's all sorted now - got half a dozen things to get done tonight, without having a database crash on my hands! Suppose I should get on with it really - spent the past hour or so on the forums...
Old 26 Jul 2000, 15:25 (Ref:25872)   #11
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Originally posted by Peter Mallett;

Quote:
Don't know how Sparkster and me got the posts there...
Er... That'll be my fault then...
Old 26 Jul 2000, 15:44 (Ref:25882)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Old 26 Jul 2000, 23:43 (Ref:26001)   #13
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not entirely unrelated...

One assumes the powers that be in this place can read anyone's private messages???
Old 27 Jul 2000, 16:09 (Ref:26145)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Anyone with full access to the MySQL database would, if needed, be able to access the table which contains the private messages - at present this is myself (site owner) and Chris (server admin) only, and I don't envisage giving the password to anyone else in the near future.

However, to be honest, if the Private Messaging feature were being abused, i'd probably just switch it off. Trying to police it would be a real pain in the arse as it's a bit of a job to get into the MySQL admin program. Anyway, I think you're all being good boys and girls at the moment, so it doesn't really matter... let's keep it that way, huh?!
Old 28 Jul 2000, 00:17 (Ref:26286)   #15
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought so Craig.

Ta.