Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 29 Dec 2017, 09:36 (Ref:3789557)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ferrari. Race to Immortality

Bought this for Christmas, £4.99 on Amazon, it is money well spent.
It contains nothing new n the way of who, what, when and where, but has a lot of full colour footage from the time, 1950's, and contributions from drivers of the day. As a true reflection of the spirit, and attitudes of the period it is excellent, and I thoroughly recommend it especially for those who regard today's drivers as heroes. It does tend to dwell overlong on the fatalities rather than the actual history of Ferrari, but certainly explains why tickets have the warning, 'Motor Racing is Dangerous' on the back.

It you want to understand why us older folk still see Fangio et al as the greatest, watch this.

Cheers,

Bauble (Who lived through the era)
Old 31 Dec 2017, 17:23 (Ref:3789991)   #2
Eric.D
Rookie

England
Bedfordshire
Eric.D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bought this upon its release a couple of months ago and have watched and thoroughly enjoyed it many times since. Quite moving in places and rather sad to see so many once familiar faces long lost to us.
I didn't see the point in featuring the 1955 Le Mans disaster which had nothing to do with Ferrari but the footage of other events is wonderful and makes this an essential purchase for those with any interest in the history of motor racing.
I lived through that period too in fact I'm still living it.