Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 7 Aug 2000, 01:15 (Ref:28852)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
after troy Corsers crash in race 2 at Brands hatch he claims that the marshalls held him down.

on his website troy claims that he saw akira Yanagawa on the ground beside him and apologised and then tried to get up but a marshall held his head down and said that he shouldnt move..he insisted he was Ok but then more marshalls came along and held him down and kept telling him he had concussion..he was then taken to the medical centre where the series doctor said he was fine and didnt have concussion but the Brands doctor refused to let him leave the centre..after all the confussion was sorted it was to late for Troy to take the restart...

this seems a bit on the strange side and Im not sure what the real story is behind it all ..maybe the marshalls were correct in doing what they did for Troys safety or maybe they were a little over zealous in their attempts to help him..the brittish flaggies are usually some of the best in the world but im sure we havent heard the last of this one.
Old 7 Aug 2000, 02:05 (Ref:28862)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
do you think corser is suggesting that they didnt want him to race for some other reason other than his so called concussion......
Old 7 Aug 2000, 19:37 (Ref:28984)   #3
Rossifumi
Racer

Rossifumi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If that is the case,there should be taken some action against it.
If a rider says he's ok,they should respect that and let him go if he's not ok that would be noticed by his own crew i think!
Who will know best if he's ok then the rider himself!
Old 7 Aug 2000, 20:46 (Ref:29004)   #4
Darkwing
Rookie

Darkwing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Whoa!! If thats the case why didn't Corser get interviewed during the race?? He took a pretty hard fall, and when you're concussed, you don't think straight. I think it's all in his imagination.
A friend of mine who fell and was concussed, tried to beat up the guy who was trying to help him! He of course apologised later.
Also I doubt his team would be the best to judge if he's ok to race or not.
Btw who holds responsibility, the series quack, or the Race Doc?

Ciao
DW
Old 8 Aug 2000, 11:31 (Ref:29108)   #5
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The doctor at the track has final say over who is ok and who is not. In this case the doctor said Corser was fine, but he didn't get out in time for the restart. If I was Troy, I wouldn't have wanted to be interviewed at that point either.
Old 8 Aug 2000, 19:07 (Ref:29189)   #6
Rossifumi
Racer

You could easely say something stupid,that you would regret later,if you got interviewed at that point.

I'm sure Troy will come out of this stronger then he was and will put up a great fight for the title!

DW Was this on a race track or on the street?By the way how is the guy that tried to help?
Old 9 Aug 2000, 12:55 (Ref:29307)   #7
Darkwing
Rookie

Darkwing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossifumi, it was on the street and ...wait for it... he fell of a bicycle.hehe The "helper" was ok, becoz my mate was so cross eyed he couldn't see straight to punch him.Lucky, actually coz my mate is a rather large fellow at 120kg's He makes his 1100 katana look like a moped

As to saying something stupid at an interview, isn't that what makes interviews so much fun??
Old 9 Aug 2000, 18:22 (Ref:29382)   #8
Rossifumi
Racer

Dw remind me to leave alone a fallen Katana with a big guy next to it!