Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 19 Feb 2001, 23:56 (Ref:65649)   #1
FEUsmart
Racer

FEUsmart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noticed today on the Unofficial F3000 Information site that Michael Bentwood is going to be driving for Fortec in the Euro F3000 championship.

I know he has his fans around here
Old 20 Feb 2001, 09:28 (Ref:65682)   #2
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been concerned that the Euro F3000 championship (previously the Italian F3000 championship) has been a bit of a backwater. But the performance of Rodrigo Sperafico (last years champion) in being top rookie at the International F3000 test at Monza gives the series some credibility. Good luck Micheal in the coming year.
Old 20 Feb 2001, 19:02 (Ref:65726)   #3
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Press Release from Fortec Motorsport:

Fortec Motorsport has joined forces with a consortium of Italian investors to form “Fortec Italia Motorsport” to enter the Euro F3000 Championship. The team is jointly owned by Fortec Motorsport UK and the consortium of Italian companies. Head representative of the Italian investors is Gianni Ferreri, with Vito Popolizio as Sports Director.

Vincenzo Sospiri recently approached Fortec Motorsport with a proposal for the Euro F3000 Championship, and the venture was put together early this year. Vinenzo will play a major part in the team, which will be a joint venture between the various parties based in Forli, Italy.

The driver line up for 2001 will be the englishman, Michael Bentwood and Spaniard Polo Villaamil. Michael who was top Brit in British F3 last year with Fortec Motorsport, has decided to stay with Fortec but move up a step to Euro Formula 3000. Polo although new to the team has experience of F3000 and should prove to be a great asset.

The team will have an excellent support team of engineers and mechanics, many of which have previous F1 experience.

Michael Bentwood: “I'm very pleased to have signed with Fortec, the continuity is very important and we've every faith in each other. Vincenzo's input into the team will be invaluable and he is right behind me in forwarding my career. F3000 is a new challenge for me, and I'm ready to meet that challenge. “

Polo Villaamil “ I am very happy to have signed for Fortec Italia Motorsport. I think Fortec Motorsport’s experience and know-how, combined with Vincenzo Sospiri’s talent and enthusiasm will give the best results. I am sure, that given the chance to work properly we can be serious championship contenders. I am very enthusiastic and upbeat about this project and I will give my best to be there and win some races which I am sure we can.”
Old 22 Feb 2001, 18:35 (Ref:66131)   #4
Sarah_I
Rookie

Sarah_I should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm the Michael fan! I know he is really looking forward to the season. It will be a great challenge for him. I can see him doing really well. If he can win this championship then maybe he'll be noticed and get the recognition from people that he deserves. Its a good move for him and will hopefully lead on to even better things in the future.
Keep an eye out for his results, as I'm confident that they are going to be good., and hopefully we'll be seeing a little more of him in Autosport...

Sarah
x
Old 23 Feb 2001, 11:28 (Ref:66216)   #5
FEUsmart
Racer

FEUsmart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's interesting that they've got a former F3000 champ in Sospiri in on the deal.

And it's a team with an established arm in the International championship too, so there's a good opportunity to move up next year, if he impresses. Which I'm sure he will!

Fortec haven't actually got anyone confirmed yet, I don't think, in their International cars, so he might yet be asked to step up... Still I'm sure you'd know first, there must be some reason you asked about the Euro3000 calendar two weeks ago??
Old 23 Feb 2001, 21:19 (Ref:66308)   #6
Sarah_I
Rookie

Sarah_I should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

lol someone noticed y i was asking. yeah i did know