Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Oct 2016, 01:11 (Ref:3680794)   #526
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I'm assuming you're playing dumb...

The second LDM REC, the Triple F REC, and the D'Alberto REC.
None of those Recs were handed back after accepting. They were handed back instead of accepting

key difference is now, dates have been brought forward

Last edited by peckstar; 17 Oct 2016 at 01:17.
Old 17 Oct 2016, 02:59 (Ref:3680806)   #527
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
A surprise would be fun.. a little one...
Oh You may have heard of the same surprise I have then
Old 17 Oct 2016, 04:58 (Ref:3680821)   #528
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Oh You may have heard of the same surprise I have then
This one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic;3674371 on 23 Sep 2016 09:06
There is a story around..
...that has Mr Tander bringing Mobil/Holden/Fujitsu/others to his own TanderSport team, created/funded by Paul Little and/or Little Properties, bringing along his Sandown 500 winning 2016 chassis to this future.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Oct 2016, 05:47 (Ref:3680826)   #529
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have a source relatively close. I think this Tander sport deal is exceptionally unlikely. If it were to happen it will be in name only.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 17 Oct 2016, 06:06 (Ref:3680829)   #530
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This one?
uhuh
Old 17 Oct 2016, 08:47 (Ref:3680852)   #531
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watching a replay of Bathurst and reading this at the same time.. lo and behold Mr Tander lobbed on screen with a very big little logo on his helmet...
Old 17 Oct 2016, 09:24 (Ref:3680859)   #532
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's been there a while now, hasn't it?
Old 17 Oct 2016, 09:26 (Ref:3680860)   #533
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
It's been there a while now, hasn't it?
Sure has..
Old 18 Oct 2016, 00:11 (Ref:3681003)   #534
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Gracie Hopeful Of SdS Enduro CallUp

Entitlement??
Old 18 Oct 2016, 01:39 (Ref:3681006)   #535
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Aw heck no

With the Supergirls concept finished, there's no need to saddle SdS with the average talents of Gracie. Hoping they find an experienced hand to partner SdS in the enduros next year.
Old 18 Oct 2016, 01:59 (Ref:3681009)   #536
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am getting a little sick of the positive spin coming out of her camp. Chris Jewell AND Renee Gracie were responsible for bringing SdS out?? "I’m not really thinking about next year just yet"?? Really?? You have no ride for the rest of this year, what else is there to think about?? Bathroom selfie (clothed you deviates), etc etc...

This is just a rebadged press release asking for someone to hire her
Old 18 Oct 2016, 06:04 (Ref:3681023)   #537
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 18 Oct 2016, 06:34 (Ref:3681031)   #538
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good on them, they seem to really like Lee, so they are happy.

I think they get pretty good coverage and B2B activations and that is what matters.
Old 18 Oct 2016, 22:23 (Ref:3681220)   #539
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Newest story out of the blocks... the re-formation of Britek... with Mr Jewell, Mr Bright's REC back in his hands fully, and... Ms SdS...

They all have history together, the opportunity exists... perhaps running the 3rd BJR car.. anything is possible... and gives Mr Bright a gig post-driving..

Or not..
Old 18 Oct 2016, 22:28 (Ref:3681221)   #540
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
makes some sense.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 02:15 (Ref:3681258)   #541
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Fans "hate" Triple Eight: Courtney

interesting observation, certainly not much love for them in the grandstand at the end of bathurst
Old 19 Oct 2016, 03:00 (Ref:3681264)   #542
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

interesting observation, certainly not much love for them in the grandstand at the end of bathurst
Its not just the fans. Seems plenty of pitlane don't think a lot of them either.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 03:05 (Ref:3681266)   #543
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

Not so long ago, that 'hate' was squarely aimed at HRT....

Maybe that's something RBHRT will inherit, other than the name and the huge bag of Holden cash...
Old 19 Oct 2016, 03:23 (Ref:3681271)   #544
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Newest story out of the blocks... the re-formation of Britek... with Mr Jewell, Mr Bright's REC back in his hands fully, and... Ms SdS...

They all have history together, the opportunity exists... perhaps running the 3rd BJR car.. anything is possible... and gives Mr Bright a gig post-driving..

Or not..

Hmmm I wouldn't mind seeing that happen.

But on the flip side bringing back Britek?

Yeah because Britek Mk1 with Jewell and Bright was a raging success wasn't it.......
Old 19 Oct 2016, 03:35 (Ref:3681273)   #545
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Hmmm I wouldn't mind seeing that happen.

But on the flip side bringing back Britek?

Yeah because Britek Mk1 with Jewell and Bright was a raging success wasn't it.......
Britek Mk1 was a total flop... and the principals can blame the grouping rules, and the rules around sharing components (engines mainly) all you like, a fully funded budget from Ford & Fujitsu had sooo much potential... wasted...

Mr Fogarty confirmed this chat was around on Inside Supercars last nite too..
Old 19 Oct 2016, 04:35 (Ref:3681277)   #546
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
I guess you could say that whatever they did would be an improvement on Britek Mk 1.

Mind you, that's only possible if the principles stop blaming everyone & everything else & take a good hard, honest look at themselves.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 05:13 (Ref:3681281)   #547
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
And the Fuijitsu money that Renee Gracie won't be getting anymore...

Quote:
Britek Mk1 was a total flop... and the principals can blame the grouping rules, and the rules around sharing components (engines mainly) all you like, a fully funded budget from Ford & Fujitsu had sooo much potential... wasted...
At the same time FTR/FPR was also a complete flop...
Old 19 Oct 2016, 05:26 (Ref:3681285)   #548
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
I guess you could say that whatever they did would be an improvement on Britek Mk 1.

Mind you, that's only possible if the principles stop blaming everyone & everything else & take a good hard, honest look at themselves.

So true on both points. Hence why I'm not too excited about a Britek mk2.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 07:05 (Ref:3681305)   #549
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wouldn't this be MK4?

They've already existed as SBR and BJR customer outfits.
Old 20 Oct 2016, 01:27 (Ref:3681519)   #550
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Walkinshaw Racing will surprise: Courtney

Quote:
Off-contract V8 Supercars star James Courtney says Walkinshaw Racing's new direction may surprise fans.