Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Oct 2001, 23:46 (Ref:160280)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
If you have C7 sports

This may be a tad late as i only just found out about it myself..but if you have Pay Tv and also recieve C7 sports then check out the Liqour king 500 LIVE today (sunday) from 3pm.

New Zealands biggest touring car race with a mixture of supertourers and V8's..not quite V8 supercars but still some very impressive vehichles.

Paul Radisich and Paul morris have headed over to take part and there is also a host of Nz stars such as Craig baird , Ashley Stichbury and Jason richards are also competeting.

Hope its a good one.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 00:26 (Ref:160286)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that ! My cousin gets C7 so I'll go get a tape over to him now !
Old 15 Oct 2001, 12:34 (Ref:160861)   #3
Shazza
Rookie

Argentina
Adelaide, Australia
Shazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Can anyone tell me the results of the NZ race, or tell me where I can find them online? Cheers
Old 15 Oct 2001, 12:56 (Ref:160872)   #4
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you can find ANY race results from New Zealand on the net you are going to be extremely lucky.

They only started using electronic timing last year - and then with a system that was phased out by AMB over 3 years ago!
Old 15 Oct 2001, 18:35 (Ref:160997)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I havent finished watching it as yet ..but I know who won .

it was Team Kiwi ...what an effort ..one week racing 1000kms at bathurst and then one week later turning around to prepare 2 Nissan primeras for a 500 km race in Nz ..really top effort ...it wasnt Angus Fogg/Jason Richards who took the win either ..it was their team mates ..whos names escape me right now...possibly John mcPherson and someone else ..something like that anyway ...sorry

not a bad race but not the most exciting either ..maybe with the inrtoduction of newer machinery things will get better ..but a promising series in the making.

dont know about any on line info either .sorry again
Old 21 Oct 2001, 00:22 (Ref:163398)   #6
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those of you who have been paying out on V8 Supercars and Channel 10 should watch this race from NZ and see just how lucky we are.

Even the Procar people look more professional than this.

This is like a TOCA meeting but people actually show up to race.
Old 22 Oct 2001, 15:48 (Ref:163970)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I think the best thing was the motor up commodore ...very nice..didnt think much of the track ..would have been better at Pukekohe (or however ya spell it)

give them a few years they maybe alot more professional ..they really dont have the funding us Aussies do and some of the cars did look quite good ..but at least it filled in an arvo for me