Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Jul 2013, 02:56 (Ref:3281334)   #26
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a doco going around on the circuit...its a good watch! From the late 90s based on the races they discussed up to.
Old 25 Jul 2013, 06:29 (Ref:3281357)   #27
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
its the race I would least mind losing,at least the circuit in Korea looked a bit interesting.I understand that visiting is popular with Finnish fans-why is this?It seemed like a very adventurous choice in the days when Eastern Europe was far less accessible.With Russia,New Jersey and Thailand now under consideration,why should it remain on the calendar?
The Finnish and Hungarian language are related to eachother, and not to any other language, so Finns must feel sort of at home a bit more over there than elsewhere.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 14:57 (Ref:3282304)   #28
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
The Finnish and Hungarian language are related to eachother, and not to any other language, so Finns must feel sort of at home a bit more over there than elsewhere.
I speak Finn and there is no way in the world I can understand a word of Hungarian. Even though the languages apparently are related they do not look or sound similar. I have relatives from Finland who travel to Hungary who say it is a pretty country with lots of history. It is relatively inexpensive to travel to and in fairly close proximity.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 15:31 (Ref:3282329)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I speak Finn and there is no way in the world I can understand a word of Hungarian. Even though the languages apparently are related they do not look or sound similar. I have relatives from Finland who travel to Hungary who say it is a pretty country with lots of history. It is relatively inexpensive to travel to and in fairly close proximity.
With gorgeous women also...
Old 27 Jul 2013, 15:49 (Ref:3282340)   #30
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
With gorgeous women also...
What he said....
Old 27 Jul 2013, 17:23 (Ref:3282386)   #31
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the gentlemen sadly don't reach the same aesthetic standards

i have some hungarian friends and they are really pretty, photogenic girls. i hate them

is the grammar structure not vaguely similar to finnish? they seem to disfigure their words in a similarly illogical way compared to the romance and other european languages.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 23:51 (Ref:3282560)   #32
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
Not quite. Both are Uralic languages, but that only means it has a common ancestor, and probably some common elements of language structure.

There are other Uralic languages that are far closer to Finnish than Hungarian, the most widely spoken of those is Estonian.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 01:01 (Ref:3282588)   #33
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
the gentlemen sadly don't reach the same aesthetic standards
Whaat?? Is this not 'sexy and I know it' enough for you??

http://www.motorsport.com/#!/f1/phot...z=1&r=6658&s=2

Old 28 Jul 2013, 02:38 (Ref:3282609)   #34
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Whaat?? Is this not 'sexy and I know it' enough for you??

http://www.motorsport.com/#!/f1/phot...z=1&r=6658&s=2

What a strange way to attend the GP !
Old 28 Jul 2013, 03:10 (Ref:3282621)   #35
PepsiVodka
Rookie

Canada
Grande Prairie
PepsiVodka is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
The reason why it's so boring is because there's so much run off Tarmac area that cars don't have to go super tight side by side unlike a track like Singapore.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 11:04 (Ref:3282777)   #36
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hungarian GP will be around until 2021. New agreement signed today.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 14:48 (Ref:3282890)   #37
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Yeah, heard of it, well deserved.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 21:31 (Ref:3283011)   #38
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Back when I first started watching F1 in the late 90s the Hungaroring was considered pretty much the worst of the worst, a track that produced dire races, one of the circuits nobody liked. Now it's considered one of the better ones, which probably says more about the evolution of he F1 calender than anything.

I've never minded it personally. Probably because the first two Hungarian grands prix I watched, 1997 and 1998, were two of the most memorable races of that era. It generally comes up with decent, memorable races. For every 1999 borefest there's a 2006.