Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Dec 2013, 01:16 (Ref:3345245)   #26
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, based on this, are the V8's still floundering D.R.T.?
Old 18 Dec 2013, 01:19 (Ref:3345246)   #27
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
however there are less ads during the race on pay which means you get more time to watch racing.

based on the above theory you would prefer that
I always start watching the races delayed on a PVR by about 30 minutes or so then I can skip through the ads.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 01:24 (Ref:3345247)   #28
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
The coverage of the support categories is excellent by Foxtel and shows a great commitment to motorsport rather than just V8s which is very encouraging.

The digital rights is an interesting development and movement away from the original strategy of Warbutton for V8SA to hold onto these.
Feels like good news all round re the coverage of the support categories (at a subscriber price of course but many sports are only on Foxtel so not a disadvantage).

I'm not sure that you're right on the digital rights separation being a "Warburton" thing - wasn't it his predecessor that did that? Happy to be corrected but think that's how it went down.

I see this announcement as a good thing - everyone now knows where they'll stand through 2014, the V8 organisation and teams have a handle on their earn from the rights structure for 2015 and beyond and the TEN / Foxtel people have got rights locked down for six years at a known cost structure.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 01:30 (Ref:3345249)   #29
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
That must be some kind of record, to get TWO teev deals done in the same year!

Great to get an improved income stream over the current deal, and the previous deal, in cash.. and even more in kind!

Well done to Mr Warburton & his team.

He seems to be kicking some goals at the minute... and no signs of the sharks circling...
Less viewers?

Less sponsorship?
Old 18 Dec 2013, 01:32 (Ref:3345250)   #30
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two pieces of advice to ten: take Crompo from channel 7 and bring back Leigh Diffey.
Great job Warburton and V8 Supercars!!!
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 18 Dec 2013, 01:33 (Ref:3345251)   #31
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This year I watched most races on Foxtel because there were less ads and I could watch the race in HD. Added bonus was avoiding most of the pointless Ch7 waffle.

Looking forward to 2015 and the absence of idiots like Barretta et al. Maybe we should start to campaign Ch10 now to hire respectable commentators and pit personnel.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 02:08 (Ref:3345260)   #32
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
Two pieces of advice to ten: take Crompo from channel 7
I had a chat to Cromley once and I think he is contracted to V8Supercars not 7 so he will be going where the broadcast is. As will Skaife I imagine.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 02:47 (Ref:3345266)   #33
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinwebbers View Post
I had a chat to Cromley once and I think he is contracted to V8Supercars not 7 so he will be going where the broadcast is. As will Skaife I imagine.
Not to mention Skaife was personally sponsored by TEN for a number of years..
Old 18 Dec 2013, 03:10 (Ref:3345270)   #34
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can only hope that Skaife does not follow. He started off well - but he's utterly useless now.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 03:16 (Ref:3345272)   #35
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No way are they going to be able to get stiffy back. From memory he is now doing Indycar, F1, other motorsports on NBCSN and the golf, which means he has a pretty full schedule. Don't think he would want to come back either as he seems to be enjoying what he is doing over there atm.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 03:21 (Ref:3345273)   #36
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by naca View Post
No way are they going to be able to get stiffy back. From memory he is now doing Indycar, F1, other motorsports on NBCSN and the golf, which means he has a pretty full schedule. Don't think he would want to come back either as he seems to be enjoying what he is doing over there atm.
He'd be on a pretty good wicket I'd imagine. Too bad Barry Sheene isn't still around either.
Just not keen on Matt White or Beretta.
Daryl Beattie knows his stuff also. I hope he's a part of the team.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 18 Dec 2013, 03:21 (Ref:3345274)   #37
naca
Racer

Didn't JW say that he wanted to basically have the V8's as their own package without any of the supports earlier this year? Hopefully they will have the V8 races live, maybe a few qualies, with all the supports (except maybe at bathurst where they use them as fillers) on SPEED/Fox Sports. I don't think that any of the car sponsors would be too pleased if the viewership pretty much nosedived to a tenth of what it was. I'm assuming the teams will start to get some REC income again (which may mean some of the REC holders who where not going to enter next year may enter now) although I doubt it will make up for money lost from sponsors.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 03:36 (Ref:3345278)   #38
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
So, based on this, are the V8's still floundering D.R.T.?
It depends on what your expectations were?

This deal is heavily subsidised by the pay tv angle rather than solely a FTA network & still down on Tony Cochranes predictions of $300 million prior to his departure.

This deal is on par with the recent A League which must be very satisfying for the V8 administrators.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 03:49 (Ref:3345282)   #39
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
He'd be on a pretty good wicket I'd imagine. Too bad Barry Sheene isn't still around either.
Just not keen on Matt White or Beretta.
Daryl Beattie knows his stuff also. I hope he's a part of the team.
Hopefully White and Beretta stay doing something on 7 and if we're lucky Crompton, Skaife & Larko will follow the circus to Ten where they'll promote Noonan to the commentary team and also find some sort of on screen gig for Ingall.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 05:01 (Ref:3345293)   #40
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could Mr. William Woods come back?
Old 18 Dec 2013, 05:08 (Ref:3345295)   #41
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like an expanded commentary team - Brad Jones for TCM is good and given there are a few drivers out there perhaps a look at these people too eg Luff, Bowe, Longhurst.

One person I think would be great would be Morris - he has years of experience and would certainly call it as it is add Ingall as well.

Larko has been out of it for a few years (driving) and frankly his whiteboard and specs are crap but better than White & Beretta.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 05:12 (Ref:3345296)   #42
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwhk View Post
Not a dig at you personally, but I don't understand the logic behind this. A lot of people 'refuse to pay for television'. Why? I've had MySky here in NZ for the last 6 odd years, and it's worth every bloody cent. The motorsports coverage is great for F1, Nascar and this year, the V8s. Yup, full Bathurst coverage, ad free, in HD. Lovely. Plus movies, and then there's the other crap the mrs likes to watch, which is why I have the man cave with another box full of recorded HD motorsport. For not a lot of money.
For what its worth, the Foxhell packages in Aust have been crap,
10 channels of news and lifestyles, and maybe one decent movie channel, in the past there sports channels were for all the lovers of football.
I had it once rang them up and said" collect your box of the street as thats what its worth". I dont need, like Pink Floyd- " I have 23 channels of **** to choose from", make the package worth while , drop the bullshit rates, I dont need to know what the hell eating goats cheese on ryebread has to do with motosport, or 4 different weather channels to tell me something I can look to the heavans and work out for myself.

Pay TVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe , needs to improve , If I ask Foxhell that these are the channnels I want, will they do the deal, or make some crap story like the in the past, we only televise what the companys give us, and that channel will cost extra.

Basically, thats why Australians dont give a foxhell, if they change I might think about it,
Old 18 Dec 2013, 05:25 (Ref:3345300)   #43
naca
Racer

Seems that Noons is under the impression that all the races will be live on Ten, which is good.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 06:59 (Ref:3345314)   #44
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevan-L View Post
Actually this is a good point... you only have to look at the V8 coverage from the Aus GP.... hmmmmmm
Before anyone gets too excited they do need to be reminded of the pain that is the Qantas club live cross from channel 10. They have just as many numpties as 7. Dont be surprised if some former master chef contestent has something to do during the telecast. They are masters of cross tv program promotion especially off what few shows they have that rate.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 07:03 (Ref:3345315)   #45
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Woohoo!

No more Tom Williams!
Old 18 Dec 2013, 09:11 (Ref:3345347)   #46
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Woohoo!

No more Tom Williams!
That too. This is great news!! Been a great week in sport. Regaining the Ashes, now this.

I'm over 7 and their crap. I hope 10 doesn't go the same way- crap
cross promotions, etc.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 09:25 (Ref:3345353)   #47
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort View Post
Before anyone gets too excited they do need to be reminded of the pain that is the Qantas club live cross from channel 10. They have just as many numpties as 7. Dont be surprised if some former master chef contestent has something to do during the telecast. They are masters of cross tv program promotion especially off what few shows they have that rate.
That is my worry.... Channel TEN is famous for their cross promoting fluff pieces...
Old 18 Dec 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3345363)   #48
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort View Post
Ohh that was horrible, self serving television.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 09:54 (Ref:3345370)   #49
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
"..And heres whincup making a pass on winterbottom!! Wow I have not seeing such a daring move since last weeks episode of Masterchef... which airs on TEN every monday at 8:30PM...."
Old 18 Dec 2013, 10:35 (Ref:3345387)   #50
JoyRide
Rookie

JoyRide should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
Hopefully White and Beretta stay doing something on 7 and if we're lucky Crompton, Skaife & Larko will follow the circus to Ten where they'll promote Noonan to the commentary team and also find some sort of on screen gig for Ingall.
I don't think Beretta is as bad as you say.....I can put up with him

As for mid race adds and cross promotion.....they will all do it, it's just that we hope it's not as bad as 7