Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 1 Sep 2007, 07:35 (Ref:2001204)   #1
trikesrule
Racer

trikesrule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How to adjust leaf spring rc?

Hi guys I've spoken of this car before it's a 81 Corolla used in Speedway (clay). Struts up front leaf springs out back. Now these things roll over quite regularly. When they go it's the LR going over the RF. I thought if I just raise the roll centres problem solved. Ok how do I do that and remain within the rules. Rules state no lowering blocks. Everything must remain visually std including the pick up points. So I looked at the problem the other way drastically lower the LR plus go a bit lower in the LF. It's still our off season for another 6 weeks............What are your thoughts guys anybody got any ways of raising the rear RC? I'd preferr to go this way cause when they have no suspension in the LR they tend to skip around and this car has a 12 yo (girl) driver.

Last edited by trikesrule; 1 Sep 2007 at 07:37.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 01:30 (Ref:2002195)   #2
coln72
Racer

coln72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm guessing a watts linkage would not be allowed trikes.

I've never seen a Corolla go over like that but I haven't run one in speedway. I'm guessing you have played around with the weight distribution and things. Stuffed around with leaves in the past. My old Corolla club car had half of the leaves shortened, cut off either side of the saddle plate. Basically left with two leaves only. The main leaf ended up flat. This helped tame the rear when I was autocrossing. The car rolled more but it was a lot more controllable and forgiving.

An '81 should have a rear antiroll bar - are you still using this. If you are and if you can, throw it as far as you can. Preferably into a deep body of water. IMO Corollas are to stiff in the rear when this is used. If you can not remove it grind it down so it is not as stiff.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 04:35 (Ref:2002237)   #3
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coln72
An '81 should have a rear antiroll bar - are you still using this. If you are and if you can, throw it as far as you can. Preferably into a deep body of water. IMO Corollas are to stiff in the rear when this is used. If you can not remove it grind it down so it is not as stiff.
Leave the rubber bushes off the outbound end, or make some up out of Foam (serious), do the same with the body mounts. With the body mounts you can also use a bush with a bigger hole (for instance, designed for a 21mm bar not a 18mm bar)
Ahh, my old days helping run a production car in the Australian Champs and developing a wet set up... they would disqualify you if the bolts "Fell off" in a wet session, so...