Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 Dec 2017, 21:12 (Ref:3784963)   #11
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
If they're using the final 2017 BOP tables as a baseline, I'd be interested to see if the Caddies actually go a bit faster than they did during 24 qualifying (provided that they or no one else sandbags and gets away with it). After all, they're running significantly less downforce than the start of the season last season, and Daytona is probably the least downforce dependent track by far on the IMSA schedule.

For some reference times, Cadillac DPI: 136.9. Audi R8 HSR this year: 137.9 on Goodyear tires vs Continentals on the Caddy.

Also, anyone know of trap speeds for the 2017 24 weekend? I know that one of the R8s during the HSR event was clocked at almost 201mph into the speed trap this year.

I know that's an apples to oranges comparison (LMP900 vs DPI, 2000mm wide car vs a 1900mm one, open vs closed cockpit, Continental DPI tires vs Goodyear (I know that the Audis originally ran on Michelins), etc), but it's as close to comparing something as I know outside of old LMP2 cars and such.