Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 23 Mar 2006, 23:09 (Ref:1559085)   #1
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Race City Motorsport Park (Calgary, AB)

I think I have picked the right forum...

I plan on getting a season pass to said venue when they release their pricing and stuff, which should be by the end of the month they say, which, provided it is not wildly different from last year, I should get for about CAN$100.00. It would be about CAN$300.00, except I can get the student rate.

Having not been to it yet, I was just after anybody who has to give info about it. I can get to the place, so I don't need to know that.

Anything from inside the gates on would be great to know!

I have found it on GoogleEarth, so if that helps anyone with their efforts then they can use that as a reference.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 06:16 (Ref:1583332)   #2
fast95pony
Veteran

Canada
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
fast95pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi , I've been to the track many times. It has a small oval track and a road course , part of which is also a drag strip. I've raced on the 1/4 mile drag strip, and on the road course during lapping and Solo 2 events.

It's not a bad track,but the parking lot is gravel , the oval has some nasty potholes in the centre area, and the road course needs re-paving in places. Sometimes water drainage can be a problem.It's also a great breeding ground for mosquitoes .

The track's future was/is uncertain.This year it's being run by a new group.
It sits on industrial land , and may at some point become built on.There are some new housing developments starting to encrouch on the area , and this leading to noise complaints.

The Calgary Sports Car club will be running most of it's Solo 2 events at Race City this year. Friday nights the drag strip is open for street cars.
Not sure what else is planned this year..

Here's the track's website:

http://www.racecity.com/