Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 13 Jan 2003, 14:59 (Ref:473083)   #1
PipSqueak111
Racer

England
Deepest, darkest Devon
PipSqueak111 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grade Title Query

I received my marshal registration card from the MSA on the weekend. I'm a little concerned that it isn't correct though. Next to "Grade:" it has "Course Marshal". This doesn't seem right to me, as I'm still a trainee. I did my first season last year and didn't even have a grading card to collect signatures. Is it that trainees are just included under the title "Course Marshal" for the purposes of the registration card, or do you think they have made a mistake?

I have a registration number on my card as well, which I seem to remember someone saying you don't get with the MSA as a trainee??? Adds to my suspicions they've got it wrong.

Or do Castle Combe (and other circuits?) have some other way that Observers put signatures down for people without grading cards? That's the only way I can see that I might have been upgraded to a course marshal from trainee.

I thought I'd ask you guys before I bothered Adrian Fawdington, 'cos he's too busy to waste his time if this is just the way it should be.

A friend said I should make the most of it, 'cos it means I may not have to go through the extra grief of collecting all the signatures, but I'm just worried I'd get put in a situation I wasn't able to deal with if the Observer thought I wasn't a trainee.

Phill
Old 13 Jan 2003, 15:09 (Ref:473093)   #2
PipSqueak111
Racer

England
Deepest, darkest Devon
Ooops, also forgot to ask; I heard from somewhere that the Castle Combe training day is on the 22nd February, but haven't had anything from BRSCC or Adrian about it - is this correct?

Thanks

Phill
Old 13 Jan 2003, 15:14 (Ref:473100)   #3
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well you shouldnt get an MSA card until you are a course marshal as trainees are not MSA registered. I think the MSA get the details from the grading officer of the club your in (ie BMMC) so they must have passed you on as a course marshal. Think the best thing to do is contact your grading officer might just be hes moved you on by mistake.
Old 13 Jan 2003, 15:29 (Ref:473115)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Or maybe he/she thinks you have done enough to be given an MSA licence? As above, I would double check with your local guy first.
Old 14 Jan 2003, 00:54 (Ref:473521)   #5
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Training is on 22/2/03. You should contact Adrian Fawdington if you want info about anything at Combe. There is a general tel no for training (0871 7340 999) where you can volunteer (at least 14 day prior).
As for your grading card, I agree that you would normally only get it from MSA with a number once your club has all the evidence necessaery to upgrade you from trainee to course. Maybe you impressed AF so much that he waived the formallities.
Old 14 Jan 2003, 21:43 (Ref:474447)   #6
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PiPsqueak, contact Adrian , he doesn't bite ( and occasionally lurks on here).As an MSA gold grade he does have the privalege of putting names to the MSA grading panel
If you need a contact mail address for him drop me a PM.
Old 20 Jan 2003, 09:24 (Ref:479751)   #7
PipSqueak111
Racer

England
Deepest, darkest Devon
Thanks for your replies people.
Managed to contact Adrian (thanks Bob) and he has confirmed that I'm now officially a 'course marshal' - woohoo!

Phill