Old 9 Dec 2002, 15:17 (Ref:446339)   #1
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
PaulPerkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshalspost.com website: suggestions?

Hi All,

Now that I'm back from my travels, I can start working on the site again.

So, what features, changes, niggles, suggestions do you have? All comments gratefully received (honest!).

Cheers,

Paul. (Who is enormously jet-lagged )
Old 9 Dec 2002, 16:29 (Ref:446375)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Yey!!! you're back!

Few ideas, will be in contact - probably after Christmas at this stage though !

Did you have a good time?
Old 9 Dec 2002, 17:10 (Ref:446414)   #3
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Welcome back, Paul; excellent timing - just in time for the cold weather!
Old 9 Dec 2002, 18:58 (Ref:446463)   #4
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Paul! Welcome back just in time for winter look forward to seeing you next year.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Old 10 Dec 2002, 08:07 (Ref:446790)   #5
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
Thanks boys and girls! Yes, an awesome time was had

What a lovely reception awaited me at Heathrow - cold and miserable weather. Ah well, nice to be home!
Old 12 Dec 2002, 22:55 (Ref:448687)   #6
Guisbro Rod H
Racer

Guisbro Rod H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul

Glad you are back because I was worried that the cup of tea you poured before your trip might have gone cold.
You may recall that you were going to correct the post numbers on Croft diagram. Then I and others will finish off Croft.

I can't check if you corrected it in the last couple of days, because tonight I cannot raise www.marshalspost.com I get page unavailable - are you messing about with it at the moment?.:confused:

I think the one real confusing thing to the stranger is many don't realise that by clicking on the Post name you should get more detail. I don't think that is obvious enough. However I warned you about that before your excursion. If you emphasised how it should be done then a certain EP will be most offended because she did it differently. Now you had the courage to tell me I was wrong. Dare you say that EP is wrong?

Old 13 Dec 2002, 07:45 (Ref:448875)   #7
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
Hi Rod.

Nope, EP is *never* wrong.

Yes, the server does seem to be playing up at the moment. I connected to it the other day and then when I finished doing what I was doing, it died. I've a feeling that the power supply is dead (the server is in London, I'm in Manchester). So it may take some time to get it back up.

As soon as it's back alive, I'll make sure that I edit the piccy to renumber the posts and then think about how we can improve the navigation of the post details hyperlink thingy.

Off to get a cup of tea

Last edited by PaulPerkins; 13 Dec 2002 at 07:45.
Old 13 Dec 2002, 08:41 (Ref:448898)   #8
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
LOL - you're not wrong Rod - but neither am I!

When I put my original posts up, there wasn't a facility for further detail - that happened later - so all the Kirky and Mondello stuff got put into the main page.

What I DO need to do is move all the post info I did into the correct section now it's there! Then all will be right with the world, the angels will sing, small children will be able to play safely in the streets again and cups of tea will be given to everyone that wants them

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 13 Dec 2002 at 08:45.
Old 13 Dec 2002, 13:27 (Ref:449029)   #9
2CV Racer
Racer

2CV Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One sugar in mine please EP.
Old 13 Dec 2002, 14:08 (Ref:449068)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
I never said I was making the tea!
Old 26 Dec 2002, 23:53 (Ref:457889)   #11
Guisbro Rod H
Racer

So Paul is making the tea to sober us up after Christmas.
Thats one sugar for 2CVRacer, no sugar or milk for me, how do you like it EP?

There is a problem with http://www.marshalspost.com/ IT'S COVERED WITH SNOW FLAKES!!!

How can racers race in snow? Rally boys have done it but then the posts are out of action.

Has this trip turned Paul's head or has someone added a strong vodka to his endless cups of tea? Has he updated the web page yet?
Old 2 Jan 2003, 12:48 (Ref:461977)   #12
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
Hi Rod. Happy New Year everyone!

Blimey! I nearly got into the spirit of Christmas when I did the snowflake thing! Shudder You'll be glad to know that the website has been restored to it's former self now that we're past the festive season

Could you drop me a PM with the details that need amending and I'll do it today (honest).

Cheers, me dear.
Old 8 Jan 2003, 14:09 (Ref:467310)   #13
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
Hi all!

I've been a busy beaver over the past few days, and I've re-modelled the site somewhat...

Please have a shutfy at http://new.marshalspost.com and let me have any feedback. I'd be most interested to hear what you think.

The site reflects all updates to the main site, but is read-only for the time being.

Have fun!

Paul.
Old 8 Jan 2003, 14:49 (Ref:467353)   #14
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
For once, somebody's changed something & actually improved it!

Now, of course, you're going to have to find new stories to keep it topical....

Just one little quibble, though. While I prefer websites that keep to 'sensible' colours, I'd like to see the orange background retained.
Old 8 Jan 2003, 19:01 (Ref:467635)   #15
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It looks good Paul I like the new format. I'm also not sure about the background colour, I think the new version looks much more "grown up" and professional, but I quite liked the orange as well. Maybe you could add a little splodge of orange!!!!
Old 9 Jan 2003, 23:11 (Ref:468958)   #16
Guisbro Rod H
Racer

Paul

Its now hailing outside and you have stopped the snow on the orange site.
My word you have been busy on the new site, it is a big improvement, especially that links page - it works well.
Me, find fault?
I don't think the links to the "Partner Sites" at the bottom of the pages are working.

Now as for the lack of orange.....
Old 10 Jan 2003, 07:51 (Ref:469227)   #17
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
Thanks for the comments chaps.

Piglet, a little more professional is exactly what I was hoping to acheive, but without making it look too slick and stand-offish

Rod, hopefully, I've fixed the Partner Sites thing. Just missing a couple of odds and ends...

And everyone, what's with the orange obsession? To use my infamous phrase, I'll see what I can do
Old 10 Jan 2003, 08:36 (Ref:469250)   #18
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
What, no lavender with blue spots? Paul, think it looks great - but I've never been a fan of white as a background colour - find it very hard on my old decrepit eyes!

Will email over weekend, as I have some content for you if you want it!
Old 12 Jan 2003, 15:01 (Ref:472100)   #19
Guisbro Rod H
Racer

I wonder if the orange obsession is connected to the colour of www.mrmci.com
Trust that lot to cause trouble!
Old 16 Jan 2003, 13:12 (Ref:476177)   #20
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Just one little detail - the link to the member list isn't there any more!
Old 16 Jan 2003, 13:20 (Ref:476184)   #21
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
Hi Dave,

It's the teeny, tiny 'head' icon at the top of the page. Do you think this is useful? I thought it was only of use to me, but I can whack it in as a clearer link if that's what you'd like.

BTW, I am experimenting with 'orangeness'. I just need to finalise something that looks nice. Have a peep at http://test.marshalspost.com to see what I mean...

Old 16 Jan 2003, 16:06 (Ref:476330)   #22
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulPerkins
It's the teeny, tiny 'head' icon at the top of the page. Do you think this is useful? I thought it was only of use to me, but I can whack it in as a clearer link if that's what you'd like.
Oh, so it is! I do find it useful - every time a new member joins I like to have a quick peek at the member list to see who (s)he really is!

Quote:
BTW, I am experimenting with 'orangeness'. I just need to finalise something that looks nice. Have a peep at http://test.marshalspost.com to see what I mean...
That looks good - it also helps differentiate between text & links.
Old 17 Jan 2003, 20:58 (Ref:477681)   #23
Guisbro Rod H
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulPerkins
Paul
I am sure you do this deliberately, but I can't open http://test.marshalspost.com Are you trying to hide your orangeness?