Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Mar 2003, 20:10 (Ref:530524)   #1
John Holmes
Rookie

John Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it possible to be a Holden and a Ford fan, and be objective?

I have mainly been a Holden fan most of my life, but with some support for Ford too...is this possible?
I see HRT as having the same dominance as Ferrari in F1, so I tend to barrack for other teams and some Ford teams to win. I like the look of the BA and think things may even up quite nicely this year.
I wish we could of seen the races here from the GP weekend, maybe we might in a few weeks on TV, dunno....
Anyway, I realise half of the support thing is to wind the other side up, but Ive met really diehard Holden, and Ford fans in my life, but from experience, find that the Ford fans are more extreme for their support....each to their own.
Myself, hell, I own a VX SS and an AU3 XR8 ute, so I am in the position to judge both sides I reckon...had an XR8 car as well for a while, but never used it.......so after all my considerations, Im supporting...

KMart, and SBR racing....oh yeah, same as last year, and before....go Ambrose, go, Ingall, Go Murph!!!!...

Hey, I win all ways...
Old 9 Mar 2003, 22:34 (Ref:530701)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well said Johnny boy , support who you like I say but keep the rubbish at home
Old 9 Mar 2003, 22:39 (Ref:530703)   #3
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not a fan of either manufacturer as such. I watch V8s for the racing and support drivers. I couldn't care less what cars they are driving. In fact, all of the Holden vs Ford rubbish really ticks me off some times.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 22:43 (Ref:530707)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
true , it doesnt tick me off as such but what does annoy me is the constant babbling by fans about the two marques (No not the ex F1 driver the manufacturer thingies ) but I guess that could be derived from the constant barraging from the manufacturers themselves , the infighting is wearing very thin , and if it keeps up they shoudl scrap Holden and Ford and all race the Mini's from the GP
Old 10 Mar 2003, 11:15 (Ref:531168)   #5
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least in the PROCAR series you have a few extra manufactures to consider. The taxi's on roids are as entertaining as a funeral procession in peak hour up Epping Rd heading for Northern Suburbs Cemetary.

Please turn your lights on and try not to pass !!!!!!!

Thankyou

Clerk of the Course (Epping Rd)
Old 11 Mar 2003, 01:58 (Ref:532301)   #6
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think so, I do.
Although there was a time before I was involved that I was an ardent Dick Johnson supporter, still have a soft spot.