Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 30 Jan 2006, 09:32 (Ref:1511717)   #1
jethro10
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lake District
jethro10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
UK TV coverage

hi,
I've had a search but cant find any info in here, so this is my question.
Anyone know if there is going to be UK TV coverage of the NASCAR series this year?

We used to get it years ago and I loved the Oval racing of what was once called 'The winston Cup' But I believe this was the main sponsor of the series. No doubt its called something else now.

So close racing, nothing else except perhaps IRL is as exciting.
And the 'all american' names of the drivers and people like Rusty Wallace, and my favourit of all time, Dick Trickle, was there really a Dick Trickle? or is my memory playing up on me? sounds more like a serious medical complaint to me
Old 30 Jan 2006, 09:35 (Ref:1511718)   #2
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Have you tried MotorsTV?
Old 30 Jan 2006, 09:36 (Ref:1511720)   #3
jethro10
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lake District
Nope, I'll take a look. Never thought of them. Looked at Eurosport/Sky only.

Thanks
Old 30 Jan 2006, 09:37 (Ref:1511722)   #4
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Chris Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Busch Series, and lately the Nextel (nee Winston) Cup, has been on Channel Five in the very early morning for a number of years. I would presume they are carrying on with that for 2006.
Old 30 Jan 2006, 09:50 (Ref:1511730)   #5
jethro10
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lake District
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gray
The Busch Series, and lately the Nextel (nee Winston) Cup, has been on Channel Five in the very early morning for a number of years. I would presume they are carrying on with that for 2006.
Is this the full races or just highlights? One I saw last year was just a highlight of the race on CH5.

It seems as though the Busch series, the 2nd division of NASCAR?, may be on Motors TV starting Saturday 18th Feb. I Better wait and see.
Old 30 Jan 2006, 10:14 (Ref:1511749)   #6
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Chris Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct, this is only the highlights. Usually about 50 minutes long.
Correct, Busch is the second division.
And yes, Motors TV do show the whole thing live I believe, although since I bust the set top box I've not been watching so I wouldn't know
Old 30 Jan 2006, 10:17 (Ref:1511751)   #7
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you want NASN (ch 417 on Sky) full coverage of THE NEXTEL cup through Live and as Live events.
Old 30 Jan 2006, 10:18 (Ref:1511752)   #8
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
C5 is the ESPN highlights show and excellent if you ask me
Old 30 Jan 2006, 11:42 (Ref:1511827)   #9
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
C5 is the ESPN highlights show and excellent if you ask me
Thats the Busch Series (second division) For the Nextel Cup you need NASN which is a subscription service,which I am not prepared to pay for,as the only other stuff they cover is ball games which I have no interest in whatsoever.
Old 30 Jan 2006, 11:50 (Ref:1511829)   #10
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted
you want NASN (ch 417 on Sky) full coverage of THE NEXTEL cup through Live and as Live events.
i knew they had nascar but i assumed it was only highlights. thanks bigted
Old 30 Jan 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1511871)   #11
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
NASN (SKY 417) covers most of the NEXTEL Cup live, The exceptions being date clashes with NHLs Stanley cup, or MLBs World Series.

MotorsTV will again be covering the BUSCH series, Daytona has been confirmed as being LIVE. In the past MotorsTV have done upto 20 of the 30+ races live, with "full Race Coverage" the following Tuesday evening of the non-live races. THe Re-run day might change, as it's not been announced as yet.

Don't know what's happening with the Craftsman Truck Series this year.
Old 30 Jan 2006, 13:20 (Ref:1511888)   #12
jethro10
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lake District
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gray
Correct, this is only the highlights. Usually about 50 minutes long.
I cant get away with highlights, I can get away with a delayed transmission however.
If I cant watch the full race I dont seem to be able to get absorbed into the atmosphere of it all.
Will look at NASN now.

thanks everyone

Jeff
Old 30 Jan 2006, 13:34 (Ref:1511904)   #13
jethro10
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lake District
Just look at NASN.
Nascar is the only thing i'd watch.
so its £144 for 37 races or approx £4 a race.
That doesn't sound too bad really. I'd spend more than that on the Bottle of wine while i'm watching the race!
Old 30 Jan 2006, 13:40 (Ref:1511913)   #14
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan
NASN (SKY 417) covers most of the NEXTEL Cup live, The exceptions being date clashes with NHLs Stanley cup, or MLBs World Series..
But these do get shown "As Live"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro10
Just look at NASN.
Nascar is the only thing i'd watch.
so its £144 for 37 races or approx £4 a race.
That doesn't sound too bad really. I'd spend more than that on the Bottle of wine while i'm watching the race!
Once you split it out like that it becomes cost effective, especially if - like me - you want to watch more than one sport (I also watch the MLB)
Old 4 Feb 2006, 14:50 (Ref:1515488)   #15
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NASN does great coverage. They don't put advert breaks in the middle of the race. When the US goes to a break, we go onboard with someone.
Old 5 Feb 2006, 10:52 (Ref:1515862)   #16
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had no idea about Nascar on channel 5, fantastic news!
I was going to get NASN untill i saw the price and as i only have got freesat i dont get motors tv either.
I was thinking of going somewhere like the sports cafe in london to watch the daytona 500.
Anyone else going?
Old 5 Feb 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1515964)   #17
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424
I had no idea about Nascar on channel 5, fantastic news!
I was going to get NASN untill i saw the price and as i only have got freesat i dont get motors tv either.
I was thinking of going somewhere like the sports cafe in london to watch the daytona 500.
Anyone else going?
Hey Minicross , drop me a mail an we´ll see if we get you into motorstv again
Old 6 Feb 2006, 13:09 (Ref:1516536)   #18
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkiman
NASN does great coverage. They don't put advert breaks in the middle of the race. When the US goes to a break, we go onboard with someone.
It can offer a useful insight into the relationship between driver and crew. A shame though that Dale Jr has calmed down a bit. Some of his comments were pretty sharp!

NASN is great value. For the equivalent of £4 per race, you get the pre-race, race and post-race. At a 500 or 600 miler, it works out to around 6-7 hours of television!
Old 9 Feb 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1519069)   #19
bwb1
Rookie

England
Caister on Sea, Norfolk,UK
bwb1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NASN is now lumping their channel in with a load of Setanta football channels and jacking up the price to £14 per month. If you live in Ireland they also include F1 and it will cost 13.99 euros, which I think is £8.74.
This disgraceful price increase for those with no interest in football might just be the final straw for many subscribers. You could after all subscribe to those Setanta channels seperately before, so this whole affair looks like a poor means of screwing more money out of motorsport fans, and I for one ( and plenty of others from what I have been reading) am seriously considering cancelling my subscription. On the NASN website there is a survey link- if anyone feels sufficiently upset by NASN, then please fill in the survey, as right at the end is a comment box where you can tell them what you think. The more the merrier giving them grief might cause them to reconsider if they fear they will lose too many subscribers.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1521090)   #20
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone know any thing about coverage for other European countrys ? ..What other countrys are going to get Live Nascar ?...as NASN is only for the UK isnt it .
Old 15 Feb 2006, 18:53 (Ref:1523623)   #21
bwb1
Rookie

England
News is coming out about this all the time. Those who used to subscribe for a few months, are now being told it has to be for 12 months or not at all. Also if you do not want the football- tough and goodbye.
Old 15 Feb 2006, 19:02 (Ref:1523635)   #22
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
C5 highlights are free and you get and hour of Busch and an hour of Nextel, you get all the good bits though annoyingly the don't show the cause of every yellow.
Old 15 Feb 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1523654)   #23
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb1
News is coming out about this all the time. Those who used to subscribe for a few months, are now being told it has to be for 12 months or not at all. Also if you do not want the football- tough and goodbye.

YES, that happened to me , i phoned them up to pay for NASN , but was amazed when they said that is was 12 months or nothing .

But i just cant stretch to commit to a 12 month contract and another £180 per year or what ever it is that they are charging on top of other Satelllite packages that the family want etc , When i phoned them up , they were very unsympathetic . No more paying for a few months , its now 12 months or nothing and the price has gone up too .

Unfortunatley for me , it looks like its going to be nothing . Bloody annoying as was so looking forward to the Daytona 500 on Sunday night .
Old 20 Feb 2006, 18:47 (Ref:1527238)   #24
bwb1
Rookie

England
Following my email with specific complaints, I have had this back today.

Thank you for coming back to me here at NASN.

We understand your concerns and we are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction of receiving the extra channels at the new price and we have taken each and every point you have raised very seriously. However, we are unable to change the pricing of the package or the channels included in the new sports package. All or your comments have been relayed to the highest levels within Setanta and NASN.
I would just like to ensure you that the new price is not just for the extra channels but also for the continual development and improvement of NASN as a channel. Our aim is to bring you a greater viewing experience of North American Sports and we are working hard to do this. While it may not happen in the next couple of weeks, we will continue to improve the channel over the coming months and years. Finally, the North American Sports Network remains just that and the addition of the extra channels does not reduce the offering of a dedicated North American Sports channel offered by NASN.

To answer your question concerning the different subscription, you are correct in saying that our UK customers are paying slightly more than those of you who live in Ireland.

The Setanta pricing policy has existed since its inception and was set to meet the demands of the individual markets. Since NASN has recently joined Setanta, we have fallen in line with their pricing policy and there is no scope to change this at present.

I trust this clarifies the matter for you.

We hope you understand that this is a new development and stick with us as we value each and every subscriber who joins NASN.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 15:14 (Ref:1528081)   #25
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb1
Following my email with specific complaints, I have had this back today.

The Setanta pricing policy has existed since its inception and was set to meet the demands of the individual markets.
In other words, we charge you Brits more 'cos we can. [rip off Britain anyone?]

Anyone know if there are any American bars in London licensed to show NASN coverage?