Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 1 Oct 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1421803)   #26
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
KAPOOW!!! ZONK!!!!!! Theres a kick and a slap from New Zealand.Its huge down here,watching the black car go around is nearly as exciting as a sheep shearing contest.
Old 2 Oct 2005, 01:39 (Ref:1421868)   #27
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 2 Oct 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1422155)   #28
speedy2
Rookie

speedy2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is one major flaw with A1, being the World Cup of Motorsport, the Team's running the cars have nothing whatsoever with the Country in question,

Why for instance can't Portugal, who have an infastructure of motor racing not run their own team, the fedaration of Portugal pay Carlin.

Why does the Fedaration and Figo not have faith in mechanics and engineers from their own Country, surely this will be the only way to learn how to become a true force in motor sport..maybe a Portugese person can answer this question.

In true terms, you might have a foreign coach (like England at football) but all the players are English....

A Team, is not all about the Drivers, it's what it says a TEAM>>>>

So until, each Country runs it's own Team, how can this be taken seriously?

Take Japan, for example what stops Dome running their Team?

I'm not being negative just pointing a flaw in the system of A1
Old 2 Oct 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1422178)   #29
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
There is one practical consideration. All the cars are based in a unit at Silverstone (the old karting centre, as I understand it) and the teams have to go there to prepare the cars. It's a bit of of a long way from Japan...
Old 2 Oct 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1422190)   #30
speedy2
Rookie

speedy2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why then did they all stay an extra day at Brands to prepare the cars for Gernmany?

they are only based at Silverstone, they travel between events, they do not come back to Silverstone all the time.

I was told they have a day after each event and a day before the next one, at the next track, to prepare the cars.

In any case, Portugal is hardly Japan, and even so, to fly a Team from Japan is no probs in this day and age.....

You miss the point, why do Carlin a British Team run 3 Countries which they have no association with, same for Dams and so on,

At least Arden run Team GBR! which in my view is exactly how it should be.
Old 2 Oct 2005, 19:26 (Ref:1422193)   #31
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I completely agree with your point speedy, but one problem I see is those countries with no motoracing heritage at all.
They may be able to find employers with engineering skills, but as regards people with enough experience to run a team is rare. Plus even those car engineers will need to be at least matched by those with race car engineering skills as the skills are so very different.
Old 2 Oct 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1422215)   #32
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I agree with Speedy.

I can understand countries like Pakistan or Libanon are hiring experienced teams like Carlin or Arden to run the car. These countries have probably not the people to run these cars. But why needs a country with a big autosport history like Germany a British team (Super Nova) to run the car? It's an insult to German teams.
Old 2 Oct 2005, 21:30 (Ref:1422280)   #33
grumpy
Rookie

grumpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2
Why then did they all stay an extra day at Brands to prepare the cars for Gernmany?

they are only based at Silverstone, they travel between events, they do not come back to Silverstone all the time.

I was told they have a day after each event and a day before the next one, at the next track, to prepare the cars.

In any case, Portugal is hardly Japan, and even so, to fly a Team from Japan is no probs in this day and age.....

You miss the point, why do Carlin a British Team run 3 Countries which they have no association with, same for Dams and so on,

At least Arden run Team GBR! which in my view is exactly how it should be.
Think limited testing and data from three cars.Is going to make a joke of the so called level playing field.Single car teams look out.