Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 9 Oct 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1428682)   #1
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Feature race red-flag

What exactly was the reason the Feature Race was red-flagged at the start? Seemed rather propostrous several teams got a clean slate after screwing up on the first grid. Surely they could have cleared to grid in time...
Old 9 Oct 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1428688)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep.

It was essentially an aborted start, so you'd have thought they'd have been put to the back.

That said - it's still a brand new series, so I wouldn't be too critical.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 22:16 (Ref:1428851)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
K-B, may i just pick up on a couple of your quotes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back

That said - it's still a brand new series, so I wouldn't be too critical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
From another thread

I reckon it's a lack of training rather than an equipment problem though.
May i suggest that these guys haven't been recruited down the local job centre, they are professionals. When you have people like Dick Bennetts and West Surrey Racing (who run 3 countries iirc) in a series, then lack of training doesn't come into it.

As for the aborted start, yes, it may be a new series, but the people running the show are also meant to be professionals. I can't imagine that the Sheik will put up with these mishaps for too long.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 09:44 (Ref:1429329)   #4
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
They showed in-car footage from Johnny Reids car on TV here tonite it clearly showed officals waving the start was aborted,thats why he didnt move,but the car with the mechanics still working on it should have been at the back or in the pit lane for causing it.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 22:42 (Ref:1430212)   #5
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as much as i don't want to go into the A1GP/F1 debate, you can't help but wonder "if THAT happened in F1..."

if i remeber correctly, they were in the midst of pushing one of the cars through the pit wall gap until someone waved them off...