Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 18 Mar 2009, 00:54 (Ref:2417929)   #76
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
There was a lot of bad publicity in relation to Team Goddard & the Asian F3 Championship last year... I actually clicked on the Asian F3 Website today & my computer chipped in & stopped me as the site had the "trojan" virus in it - just a warning...
Shall wait & see what the Clipsal entry list is...
I had the same from the British Formula Ford website today...
Old 18 Mar 2009, 01:02 (Ref:2417933)   #77
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinPunch View Post
Sorry if it looked like I was calling goddard team dodgy. I've just heard a lot of bad things about the team.

eg: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8152592209

I have no idea if the team is good or bad, i've just noticed there to be a particular amount of negativity surrounding them. so it came as no surprise to me that they have pulled out. that is all.
Al Fardan threw is toys out when Vervisch beat him in Asian F3 last year. As for the facebook group, considering most of the members appear to be middle eastern (coupled with the purpouse of the group...) I suspect most of them are Al Fardan fans. Asian F3 has been around for many years and it's not like Eurasia has walked it before. I have my own cirticisms of Mark Goddard, but I'm not putting much worth in the huffing and puffing of a (not very good) driver (who got beaten by Vervisch because he's a lot better than him). But that's a discussion for the Asian F3 thread, which is around here somewhere.

--

Tim Macrow back? I know it probably won't do anything for his career, but I'm always glad when drivers get back into single seaters, for some reason. Same with Joey Foster.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 02:52 (Ref:2417962)   #78
Darcia1
Rookie

Australia
melbourne Australia
Darcia1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have had very good dealings with Mark Goddard and with Edgen i purchased a car and spares from them and was invited to the last rounds of the af3 races in the Phillipines this time last year. the Ai fardan story was unfortunate in the fact that the data showed he was was faster than fredrik on that day but lost massive time on a particular sector. his management then sent emails to everyone from force india to toms to say that Team Goddard cheated. the losers were many Al fardan went to germanyfor there f3 season and Got Smashed by Fredrik and Rafeal with fredrik the german champ for 08 there was talk for the Af3 guys to go to Japan and race or come here . Mark runs a good team and his guys are professional i only hope they make it later in the year . Af3 got smashed buy costs of shipping and a chairman who lost interest and pulled his money out not by the teams or there sponsors ... bring on the 09 season lets see some good racing
Old 18 Mar 2009, 03:51 (Ref:2417981)   #79
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
There was a lot of bad publicity in relation to Team Goddard & the Asian F3 Championship last year... I actually clicked on the Asian F3 Website today & my computer chipped in & stopped me as the site had the "trojan" virus in it - just a warning...
Shall wait & see what the Clipsal entry list is...
I'm glad other people are getting this warning as I thought it may have just been a Mac related problem. I contacted Mark about the warnings which are also coming up on the Eurasia site but his IT people say there's no problem.
An awful lot of sites are being hacked right now so it's usually not the fault of the people who actually run the sites but it doesn't look good.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 05:52 (Ref:2418923)   #80
Darcia1
Rookie

Australia
melbourne Australia
Darcia1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its good to see the negitivity of the past couple of days has left even though the field is small its all about Quality...... dont take everthing you read on the net as the truth ..........
Old 19 Mar 2009, 06:01 (Ref:2418924)   #81
PenguinPunch
Rookie

PenguinPunch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcia1 View Post
its good to see the negitivity of the past couple of days has left even though the field is small its all about Quality...... dont take everthing you read on the net as the truth ..........
I don't think any of us want wings and slicks racing to die-off in Australia.

Even though these are some of its darkest days, I'm sure it will eventually come out of this period in a stronger position.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 13:42 (Ref:2419293)   #82
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Leanne Tander running Tandersport?
Old 19 Mar 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2419430)   #83
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw View Post
Is Leanne Tander running Tandersport?
Yes, and they are also setup to run in V8 development series, but no budgeted driver.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 10:46 (Ref:2420099)   #84
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!

Ok season has started so best divert all relevant discussion to that one now:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114309

I'm closing this one.

Cheers
chunterer

Tags
australian f3