Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 7 Nov 2000, 18:17 (Ref:47214)   #1
White Van Man
Racer

White Van Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Curious to hear the views of you guys who funf your own race programs towards the various motor projects which were set up to try and reform joyriders and others involved in auto crime.

A lot of these projects now enter cars built by the peeps on the project - mainly in banger racing... Do you think it fair that they should get this as a 'reward' for their crimes ? Or do you think that the projects do a worthy job and should continue ?
Old 7 Nov 2000, 18:27 (Ref:47219)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Absolutely nothing to do with my distaste for banger racing - which you know about all too well, WVM, but...

When I was a kid, it always rankled that I worked and scrimped and saved to buy my first rusty old motor, while all I had to do to go racing was to nick one and get caught doing it.

It really crystallised when I saw a TV documentary about one of these projects and they were preparing a Morris 1800 "landcrab" for racing, which was frankly in better condition than the one I was trying to keep running on the road at the time...
Old 7 Nov 2000, 18:53 (Ref:47225)   #3
White Van Man
Racer

White Van Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is the opinion of pretty much all of their competitors in banger racing... which is why these cars barely make turn two...

I agree with what you're saying about the projects - what they do looks like huge fun, but it'd be mighty expensive if I wanted to have a go myself... maybe I should just go and steal a car and challenge the old bill to a race through the High Street ?