Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 13 Dec 2005, 22:31 (Ref:1483503)   #51
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
He was invited by the team and has said the test will give him more experience for his full time 2006 F3 season...what team is that going to be with?
I wouldn't have thought that it would be Raikkonen-Robertson Racing as I understand that Bruno Senna and Stephen Jelley are pretty much confirmed for next season, whilst I would expect that Dan Clarke would remain as the team is likely to be one of the best next year and have Mercedes engines, which is quite an incentive to stay put.
Old 13 Dec 2005, 22:43 (Ref:1483515)   #52
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well...Dan Clarke seems to be focussed on a step forward as he was testing a Champ Car yesterday.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 00:13 (Ref:1483558)   #53
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was also testing today...but after 10 drivers tested he was still dead last.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 03:41 (Ref:1483616)   #54
JF3
Rookie

Japan
JF3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
He was also testing today...but after 10 drivers tested he was still dead last.
Here is a result
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/N...le.asp?ID=9885

By the way, Ryan Lewis tested Toyota Atlantic Car last week.
Do you think that USA is better place than UK for them?
Old 14 Dec 2005, 12:14 (Ref:1483826)   #55
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
So Clarke was slower than Katherine Legge - whoopy doo!

The USA may be a better place than the UK for them if they have run out of options over here, but not otherwise. For all his daft behaviour off-track, Dan does have some genuine driving ability. Trying a Champ Car as an experience is one thing, but he's no way ready to make that sort of jump as a career move just yet.

All he's done in effect is waste time that could have been spent F3 testing ready for next season. And he might have missed the boat so far as staying with Raikkonen Robertson Racing is concerned. Not very smart.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 14:01 (Ref:1483917)   #56
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Emma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So does this mean that Ryan Lewis and Tim Bridgman will probably be racing together next year??
Old 14 Dec 2005, 19:37 (Ref:1484168)   #57
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Thought Ryan showed flashes of form early in the year but didn't maintain it - still i'd like toi see him in a 'traditional' front running team and see how he got on then.

I guess that Atlantics have become the way for our young single seater guys to continue developing and racing for about half the cost of what it takes in F3 and then try and do a Wheldon?
Old 14 Dec 2005, 19:46 (Ref:1484172)   #58
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
is ryan lewis his own worst enemy? answers on a postcard...

i reckon there's probably a better chance of actually making a living from racing cars in the states. i could be very wrong though.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 19:52 (Ref:1484176)   #59
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
is ryan lewis his own worst enemy? answers on a postcard...

i reckon there's probably a better chance of actually making a living from racing cars in the states. i could be very wrong though.
Dunno about the first point!

But you're not wrong on the second. Question is can a driver go to the states continue his/her career win something and then come back for a shot at F1?

Hasn't happened for a while unless you include Monteiro, TK's tests, but no one left Europe done the bix in the States and then been successful in F1 since JPM?

If Champcar was it's old self i'm positive Bourdais would've been offered a drive and maybe even Justin would be in F1.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1484178)   #60
Matt_S
Racer

England
Matt_S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
And he might have missed the boat so far as staying with Raikkonen Robertson Racing is concerned. Not very smart.
Looks that way as Conway has now signed for Double R

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...=11&nid=123261
Old 14 Dec 2005, 21:32 (Ref:1484240)   #61
Dr Venom
Racer

Dr Venom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and confirmed on his web site
Old 15 Dec 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1484805)   #62
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Three car teams seem very fashionable. Fluid Motorsport have been testing Matt Shawyer and Tom Gaymor in their National Class Lola at Snetterton this week, and Martin Kudzak seems to be signed up with them already. Not sure where that leaves Ben Clucas, but he really deserves a Championship Class drive.

Meanwhile, UK FBMW champion, Dean Smith, has had a test with Carlin at Pembrey.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1484814)   #63
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Sensible for Conway to do another year and go for the title, he seems to be a 2 year sort of guy? Shows flashes of pace in season one and then more consistent in season 2, bit like his FR 2.0 days.

Is jury out still on his ultimate ability?

Foxy, i think Clucas fancies WSR 3.5 doesn't he?
Old 15 Dec 2005, 16:03 (Ref:1484819)   #64
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I think Ben fancies anything he can get, tbh. He's not one of the minted drivers.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1484896)   #65
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Wait a minute... if Conway signed for RRR and Stephen Jelley has too (please correct me if I'm wrong), where does that leave Bruno? Or will they run 3 cars?
Old 15 Dec 2005, 18:55 (Ref:1484902)   #66
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they're running 3 cars. as the 'mole says, 3 cars seem to be all the rage at the moment.

any ideas how many cars we'd be looking at for the national class?
Old 16 Dec 2005, 08:50 (Ref:1485170)   #67
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Ah, thanks Bella. That had me a bit worried then.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1485239)   #68
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I think there could be a dozen or so cars in the National Class, but maybe with some different teams running them. Fluid is an example. One car occasionally this season; up to three cars full-time next year...
Old 16 Dec 2005, 13:14 (Ref:1485274)   #69
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
there certainly seems to be an awful lot of people saying that they'd like to do the national class this winter, i'm sure there wasn't this many last year.

i'm wondering why 3 cars are so popular - it's only a bit more expensive to run 2 cars, but you'd think running 3 cars would be more than the difference between one and two, if that makes sense.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 14:26 (Ref:1485325)   #70
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
The National Class was an unknown quantity last winter. It has proved itself this season, so I think that's why more people are interested. If you accept that F3 is a 2-year deal for most people, it makes a lot of sense to spend the first one in the National Class and save yourself a bunch of money.

I see what you mean about running 3 cars, but one of the attractions may be that you can get them in a single transporter, whereas if you move up to 4 cars you need two artics. Mind you, even if you run 3 cars, there's probably an additional truck involved for tyres, spares and so on.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 14:26 (Ref:1485327)   #71
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what about running 4 cars? is it cost-effective?
Old 16 Dec 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1485333)   #72
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Don't know, tbh. You'd better ask Carlin - they're the experts at running an F3 fleet of cars!
Old 16 Dec 2005, 15:02 (Ref:1485350)   #73
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Don't know, tbh. You'd better ask Carlin - they're the experts at running an F3 fleet of cars!
Yep and it was the same with Bowman years back (6 in one year i think?!!
Old 16 Dec 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1485517)   #74
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Mind you, even if you run 3 cars, there's probably an additional truck involved for tyres, spares and so on.
there is, just thinking about the basic logistics of frenault even, you can only fit 2 cars and assorted junk in. 3 requires a junk wagon (unless you're an origami truck packing expert).
4 would be the equivalent of running 2 2 car teams i suppose in terms of junk and general rubbish, so maybe that's better than 3... but maybe with 4 cars you'd need more tools... and a second awning.
Old 17 Dec 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1485880)   #75
EuroF3
Rookie

EuroF3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iv heard that steven kane has signed for carlin motorsport. If this is true the championship is going to be brilliant. Its good to see kane in a good car at last.
Good Luck steven.