Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 10 Apr 2006, 11:17 (Ref:1575455)   #51
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well a good way to get the year underway really.

piquet looked good in race 1 and made a great start in race 2 but couldnt find a way past.

The young german guy (sorry I have no idea of his name) did very well for his first time out and looks like he may have a great year.

I was impressed by hamilton but his starts definately need working on thats for sure.

But Adam carroll I was a huge fan of his last year and he needs to qualify better but there is nothing wrong with his racing is there ?

a shame his race 2 ended the way it did and he was a lucky boy.

Looks like being another great year in GP2
Old 10 Apr 2006, 12:18 (Ref:1577527)   #52
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
Aren't you supposed to push the brake pedal, not pull it?!?
Not if you're standing at the front of the car, no.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 13:35 (Ref:1577607)   #53
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
The young german guy (sorry I have no idea of his name)
Michael Ammermuller I think is how its spelt

And indeed he did very well, looking like he might outshine Lapierre this season!
Old 10 Apr 2006, 15:24 (Ref:1577709)   #54
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
bradrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackman
Not if you're standing at the front of the car, no.
Finally I understand where you work...
Old 10 Apr 2006, 17:27 (Ref:1577817)   #55
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzer
Michael Ammermuller I think is how its spelt
It's Ammermüller to be totally correct or Ammermueller if you want to skip the accent thingy.
Quote:
And indeed he did very well, looking like he might outshine Lapierre this season!
I agree he did remarkably well this weekend, but I definitely don't think he will beat Lapierre over the season.
Old 11 Apr 2006, 12:46 (Ref:1578522)   #56
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I don't think so necessarily either, but it was an assured drive and has that oh so familiar statement about it, the one saying 'coming man has just arrived'

It certainly will be interesting to see how he goes elsewhere.

I would say that most peoples pre season tips were there or thereabouts and I expect them to continue in that vein (by that i mean the ART pair, Piquet, Arden.

For me the key questions heading to Imola are the following:

Will Ammermueller continue in this form?
Can Valles maintain his impressive debut?
Can Lopez find a little extra to mount a challenge for the wins?
Will Gommendy qualify well again and this time get to continue that sort of form in a race?
Can Carroll get to grips with set up quickly?
Old 11 Apr 2006, 16:15 (Ref:1578660)   #57
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
For me the key questions heading to Imola are the following:
Will Ammermueller continue in this form?
I would think so, I expect him to be near the front all season

Quote:
I don't think so, Campos weren't very quick last year so the car may well bring him down

Quote:
Can Lopez find a little extra to mount a challenge for the wins?
Yes, supernova were quick last year and I dont expect they have lost any of that, and Lopez can pedal a car pretty quick!

Quote:
Can Carroll get to grips with set up quickly?
Hopefully, he should do well this season
Old 11 Apr 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1578853)   #58
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
These races were outstandings, the cars are powerful and very fast like an F1 but they have something that makes them better "A GP2 makes the driver drive for getting the best" (even the words sound stupid).
I hope Super Nova finds a better car for the rest of the season, you could see López fighting to get it on the line (not to speak of poor Fauzy).

By the way, I finally knew Alfonso de Orleans in the interview before the race for Tele5.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 09:03 (Ref:1579264)   #59
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croc
The team definitely has potential, the owner is rich, they have good sponsors, a good race engineer and a skilled driver, these are some very good reasons to believe they'll improve soon.

But, i agree with you, they should concentrate efforts on qualifying, specially for Imola, where overtaking is extremely difficult.
Don't forget that they showed their best pace of the year in the warm up, hopefully they cut a corner?
Old 12 Apr 2006, 09:20 (Ref:1579272)   #60
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradrive
Finally I understand where you work...
Aaah, careful there, he might want to trick you. It is too obvious comment to take at face value although it is clear he is deeply involved with GP2.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 09:39 (Ref:1579283)   #61
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think so, Campos weren't very quick last year so the car may well bring him down
Really? Remind that last year Campos run their cars with reduced budget in comparison with other teams. This year, with a proper main sponsor, they're stronger economically than before, so they could develop better their car performance. Campos and their people could give us a surprise this year.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 09:42 (Ref:1579286)   #62
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Ah ok, I wasn't aware of the budget issues last year.

The extra budget may well make a difference then

Thanks for the info!