Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Apr 2006, 23:10 (Ref:1579058)   #1
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GP2 Two Worlds Prediction Competition - R01 Valencia RESULTS

The opening round of the GP2 Two Worlds Prediction Competition finished with complete success! 58 entries from eight forums did predictions for Valencia GP2 weekend, so I had a lot of work processing the results, that are these:

Results of the Weekend - GP2 Round # 1 Valencia (8-9/04/2006)

Poleman = Nelson Piquet Jr.

Race 1 (08/04/2006)
Winner = Nelson Piquet Jr.
2nd place = Lewis Hamilton
3rd place = Adrián Vallés
4th place = Nicolas Lapierre
5th place = José MarÃ*a López
6th place = GianmarÃ*a Bruni
7th place = Michael Ammermüller
8th place = Ernesto Viso
Fastest lap = Nicolas Lapierre

Race 2 (09/04/2006)
Winner = Michael Ammermüller
2nd place = Ernesto Viso
3rd place = Nicolas Lapierre
4th place = Nelson Piquet Jr.
5th place = GianmarÃ*a Bruni
6th place = Lewis Hamilton
Fastest lap = Nelson Piquet Jr.

Results and Standings of the GP2 Two Worlds Prediction Competition - Round # 1 Valencia (09/04/2006)

1 - 13 points = DanFlag (TT), Jorge A Molinari (CO)
3 - 12 points = Dazbert (GL), poma_MiD (LA), Ricardo G. (LA), Stirling Moss (LA)
7 - 11 points = Chaps (GL), Chrisss (UP), Miranda (TT), nano de turdera (LT), PaulCrossling (UP), schui_no_1 (UP)
13 - 10 points = esorniloc (TT), JORDANmaniaco (TH), SmarT (LT), Speedworx (GL)
17 - 9 points = Ben (GL), chunterer (TT), Cuervitti (CO), dogui (TT), EL NOTERO (LT), falcon221sprint (LT), flexible-flyer (TT), Frank_White (TT), Ignacio.R (LT), IVAN (LT), JB-F1 (GL), martin-1 (GL), marto (LT), pericu (TH), Sammyed (VT), Sephirot1 (TT), Tony Casta (LA)
34 - 8 points = Alonso_Campeon (TH), CarGo (LT), Carlos Vº (CO), ChevroPablo (LT), ChS (LT), Daisy (TT), DEADDUCK (TT), Gorkachuuu (LA), Gotoune (TT), Jenny (GL), knowlesy (TT), Mad Max (CO), Mekola (CO), patorlando (LT), Ponton17 (LA)
49 - 7 points = ChrisAllen (GL), Cucho (LT), DeLorean (CO), FOROCHO (LT), KYO (TH), Morena (LT), Roberto.R (LT), rulocos (LT)
57 - 6 points = daeng (GL), SALEEN S7R (TT)

Reigning champion DanFlag (TT) and Jorge A Molinari (CO) are round winners! Congratulations! Mentions to Marto (LT) who was the only one who predict Piquet on pole. No one predicted Ammermüller as Race 2 winner.
Observations:
- Jorge A Molinari posted different Valencia predictions at F1Latam (22-mar) and Corsadigital (29-mar). His predictions for the last forum were considered as valid, because they were posted later, and Molinari stated by PM that he will represent Corsadigital in the Forums champ.
- Some concursants forgot to put poleman or fastest lap scorers in their predictions. Ponton17 (LA) put Bruni both 6th and 8th at Race 1, so that part of his predictions weren't considered as valid.
- At this moment 68 concursants entered at first two rounds of the GP2 TWPC. 58 entered for Valencia, but Allan Craighead (TT), Animanganime (LA), bleiben (TT), hotwheels (TT), HugeF1 (GL), mllevy (TT), PBE600 (CO), runshaw (TT), Skyliner (TH) and THE SUNDANCE KID (LT) all post results for Championship results only. Named users have no points yet for the Competition, but they're able post predictions for remaining rounds if they want.

Forum Standings after 1st round (Valencia - 09/04/2006)

1º - Los-Tuercas.com.ar Forum - 133 points
2º - Ten-Tenths.com Forum - 117 points
3º - GlobalF1.net Forum - 81 points
4º - F1Latam.com Forum - 61 points
5º - Corsadigital.com Forum - 53 points
6º - Thef1.com Actuality Forum - 34 points
7º - UpdateF1.com Forum - 33 points
5º - Velocidad-TotalF1.com Forum - 9 points

Los Tuercas emerged as lead forum at the beggining of the Forums Champ, followed by regning champions Ten-Tenths. GlobalF1 did a stunning job and emerged 3rd and best newcomer forum.

Two Worlds Challenge after 1st round (Valencia - 09/04/2006)

1º - Old World Forums - 265 points
2º - New World Forums - 256 points

In the debut of the Two Worlds Challenge, the sum of Old World forums took the lead, but the sum of New World forums stayed pretty close for them. It's very interesting, mostly when GP2 is racing its calendar in Europe only.

Users can revise the accuracy of their predictions with more detail at this direction:
http://perso.wanadoo.es/gp2twpc/2006GP2TWPC.zip

I thank all concursants for the interest they show in this opening round, specially these from newcomer forums.

Well, we'll meet again in three days to open the 2nd round of the GP2 Two Worlds Prediction Competition, aboarding the following GP2 weekend at Imola, Italy on May 7th and 8th. See ya!

Note: For identify reasons, users are identified with following codes, that denote the forum they use to participate:
(CO) Corsadigital.com Forum
(GL) GlobalF1.net Forum
(LA) F1Latam.com Forum
(LT) Los-Tuercas.com.ar Forum
(TH) Thef1.com Actuality Forum
(TT) Ten-Tenths.com Forum
(UP) UpdateF1.com Forum
(VT) Velocidad-TotalF1.com Forum
Old 11 Apr 2006, 23:38 (Ref:1579072)   #2
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excuse me - 2nd round of GP2 Series at Imola will be next April 22nd and 23rd. Imola round of GP2 TWPC will be opened next April 14th.
Old 11 Apr 2006, 23:39 (Ref:1579073)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great stuff Mekola!
Old 12 Apr 2006, 00:07 (Ref:1579081)   #4
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Picking up where I left off, GREAT!!!

Nice start of the season.

Congratulations Jorge A Molinari!

Thank you Mekola for all the work, you are amazing man, my hats off to you
Old 12 Apr 2006, 00:12 (Ref:1579084)   #5
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry to have to mention this, but I thought Zuber took fastest lap in Race 2?

In any case, it wan't Piquet, unless the results on the GP2 website are wrong.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 01:38 (Ref:1579111)   #6
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis

foxy mole,

Zuber did fastest lap of race 2, but he didn't earn points for this because he started from pitlane and, according to GP2 Sporting Regs, a driver have to start from grid and be qualified in the final race classification to earn fastest lap point. Nelson Piquet Jr. did the quickest lap of the race according to these conditions, that's why he earned fastest lap point for Race 2.

GP2 TWPC Rulebook makes clear this thing:
Quote:
...In the race results, you got one point per driver correctly predicted, or two in each case this driver finishes in the position you predicted. In the pole and fastest lap scorers predictions, you got one point for each item correctly predicted (one for poleman, one for Race 1 FL scorer, one for Race 2 FL scorer). Fastest Lap scorers will be considered those who win championship points for this in the GP2 Series.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 11:03 (Ref:1579352)   #7
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does this guy knows his rules or what hahaha

Good thing we've got you Mekola

How can we ever thank you for taking care of the GP2 Two Worlds Prediction Competition ?
Old 12 Apr 2006, 14:17 (Ref:1579489)   #8
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Okay, that sounds correct by the rules of the GP2WPC, but it still seems odd to me, because both Perera and Pla also lapped faster than Piquet. I guess they were also in the bunch that started from the pit lane. It's still an anomaly, though, because the rule was changed to stop people making a pit stop, bolting on a set of new tyres and grabbing the point for fastest lap. If you have to start from the pit lane then race to the finish or have to retire for some reason outside your control, you're not giving yourself an advantage. IMO.

Anyway, it makes no odds to me, because I have no vested interest, not having entered the competition, and I happen to be one of the few Piquet fans around here.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 21:30 (Ref:1579810)   #9
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no doubt where i faltered this weekend. i need to take my adam carroll tinted specs off and come to terms with the fact that he won't be getting any points this year so long as his car is still akin to a pig truck! it will take some doing for me not to mention carroll in the top 8 for imola but he aint got a hope in hell from what ive seen so far.