Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Sep 2010, 23:29 (Ref:2757849)   #26
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
chilton's on pole tomorrow for the sprint race. that could be interesting to say the least..!

actually i have a question. gp2 is, compared to fr3.5 and f3, riddled with mechanical failures. just how much of that is dodgy machinery and how much of it is nobody having the ideal complete budget apart from maybe 5 or 6 drivers and corners being cut?
Old 12 Sep 2010, 09:04 (Ref:2757948)   #27
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Don't know Bella, it's very interesting as you rightly ask!

How did Herck ruin Perez race yesterday then?

Wholly underwhelming race so far this morning (missed yesterday's and extremely cross that Eurospoor decided to can the re-run which they normally show prior to R2 on Sunday's!!!!).

Apart from the start where Vietoris got a blinder, Maldonado's crashed out and Perez has been off all over the place driving like a loony.....

D'ambrosio and Bird are starting to make Christian sweat at the moment so maybe we'll have some action yet. It's odd that there isn't massive overtaking through the field for such a circuit?

So when I said 'i doubt the title will be settled this weekend' I must have been in the glass is half full mode.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2757955)   #28
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, as perez did not get any points today i say despite going for the 2nd day running out of the race i think the title is wrapped up with just the abu dhabi round to go.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 09:33 (Ref:2757958)   #29
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Oh yeah it's all over, no question.

Great drive by Vietoris today, marks to D'Ambrosio and Bird for his reletless pursuit of the first 2. Looked like Sam was a bit miffed with Jermome about something?

Just wonder if we'll see a few more driver changes for Abu Dhabi as there's such a big gap and certain drivers will be working in overdrive trying to sort out their next moves.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 11:16 (Ref:2757999)   #30
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
maldonado won the title in the only way he knows how then...
Old 12 Sep 2010, 15:59 (Ref:2758180)   #31
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
maldonado won the title in the only way he knows how then...
Despite the form he won the title, he's still the best Venezuelan avialiable, but I'm afraid he could be blocked to be in F1 not for his attitude on track, but for political reasons.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2758266)   #32
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Despite the form he won the title, he's still the best Venezuelan avialiable, but I'm afraid he could be blocked to be in F1 not for his attitude on track, but for political reasons.
Pantano syndrome or something a little more sinister?

Please enlighten us Mekola!
Old 13 Sep 2010, 05:22 (Ref:2758492)   #33
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The quid of the question is: Is the Venezuelan government well seen by Bernie nowadays??? Via PDVSA they're main Maldonado backers.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 07:52 (Ref:2758541)   #34
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Venezuelan government has loads of money Bernie will well see that.

Hartley didn't exactly set the world on fire.....
Old 13 Sep 2010, 21:41 (Ref:2758982)   #35
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
just how much of that is dodgy machinery and how much of it is nobody having the ideal complete budget apart from maybe 5 or 6 drivers and corners being cut?
When you have brand new mecachromes exloding within a few kms then... But obviously you do have a point for some of the teams
Old 14 Sep 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2759240)   #36
Speed-freak
Rookie

United Kingdom
uk
Speed-freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a weekend for Sam Bird, no bad luck for him at Monza. Really out shone his team mate again. Another five laps he would have won on Sunday too. Has anybody ever won both days back to back, Lewis perhaps, I can't remember.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 19:17 (Ref:2759412)   #37
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-freak View Post
What a weekend for Sam Bird, no bad luck for him at Monza. Really out shone his team mate again. Another five laps he would have won on Sunday too. Has anybody ever won both days back to back, Lewis perhaps, I can't remember.
A few:
Rosberg - Bahrain 05
Hamilton - Nurburgring and Silverstone 06
Piquet - Hungary 06
Pantano - Italy 06
Grosjean - Dubai 08 (in GP2 Asia)
Hulkenberg - Nurburgring 09

If GP2 insists doing a reversed grid race on a Sunday morning, I'd rather see them do a full grid reversal and pitstops a la Superleague.