Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 20 Sep 2010, 02:22 (Ref:2761731)   #51
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guerrieri deserves the championship after all he struggled finding money, with chassis problems and now with a moronic penalty.

Im glad Fox Sports broadcasted the race here, as Esteban also deserves TV rating in order to get some decent sponsorship.

Its a pity that in the video Kobefly posted the director is showing the pitwall instead of the track
Old 20 Sep 2010, 03:21 (Ref:2761736)   #52
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was really strange. Start of the race with Ricciardo and Esteban 1st and 2nd Ricciardo just pulled away and looked like race won. Then Ricciardo pitted first and got stuck behind 2 cars which didn't pit, and was behind them for 2 laps battling, then once he got clean air again he just had no pace.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 08:16 (Ref:2761784)   #53
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belatti View Post
Its a pity that in the video Kobefly posted the director is showing the pitwall instead of the track
The WSR TV director needs to be shot, every time some action happened on track, it would be followed by a reaction shot of the team - 'just like F1!!!!'. The trouble is, he/she didn't wait for incident/manouvre to actually finish before flicking to pictures of the team excitedly/anxiously watching, leading to the teams on camera (and me in the grandstand....) getting hacked off and gesturing to the cameraman to return to the racing. *facepalm*

Still, cracking end to race 2. I wanted Ricciardo to win for the championship (because i don't particually rate Aleshin) but was more than happy to see Guerrieri snatch it. The crowd where i was, absolutley loved it. A great advert for motorsport to a crowd who, largely, have never seen anything other than F1.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 10:31 (Ref:2761810)   #54
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
The WSR TV director needs to be shot, every time some action happened on track, it would be followed by a reaction shot of the team - 'just like F1!!!!'. The trouble is, he/she didn't wait for incident/manouvre to actually finish before flicking to pictures of the team excitedly/anxiously watching, leading to the teams on camera (and me in the grandstand....) getting hacked off and gesturing to the cameraman to return to the racing. *facepalm*

Still, cracking end to race 2. I wanted Ricciardo to win for the championship (because i don't particually rate Aleshin) but was more than happy to see Guerrieri snatch it. The crowd where i was, absolutley loved it. A great advert for motorsport to a crowd who, largely, have never seen anything other than F1.
agree with all of that. are you me?

the tv is constantly pants, more than once there was JUST ABOUT TO BE AN INCIDENT and the damn camera panned away with the cars in front.

great to hear that people enjoyed it in the grandstands. thought the weather was going to be a bit of a passion killer but it was great to see the traditional huge crowds and crowded pitlane walkabout.

really enjoyed that last few laps, i'd half stopped watching because 5 seconds seemed like a bit too big a gap, even for a fired-up wronged guerrieri, but all of a sudden he was there. it reminded me rather of his run at the final round at barcelona in 08 in that respect!

one thing not to do with the racing but did anyone else have really big problems with the mobile signals at the circuit?!

obviously it's not, because they were just going by the rules, but does anyone else feel that tech 1's protest came under the "bringing the sport into disripute" (can't spell, it's monday) rule? it's just left a bit of an unsavoury taste in the mouth and if ricciardo wins the title i can't help but feel that quite a few people, including the ones whose opinions matter, may be of the opinion that the title was marred by shenanigans.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 10:46 (Ref:2761819)   #55
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
agree with all of that. are you me?
Possibly?

Quote:
one thing not to do with the racing but did anyone else have really big problems with the mobile signals at the circuit?!
Only at the North end of the circuit where the majority of the punters were. Had full signal and data coverage down at Stowe/club etc.

Quote:
obviously it's not, because they were just going by the rules, but does anyone else feel that tech 1's protest came under the "bringing the sport into disripute" (can't spell, it's monday) rule? it's just left a bit of an unsavoury taste in the mouth and if ricciardo wins the title i can't help but feel that quite a few people, including the ones whose opinions matter, may be of the opinion that the title was marred by shenanigans.
Tough one. I was appauled that he was thrown out over something so silly, but, rules are indeed rules. I assume there is significant prize-money at stake? If so, Tech 1 'had' to protest if they felt anything was wrong. But from a fans POV, it stunk the place out!
Old 20 Sep 2010, 10:52 (Ref:2761821)   #56
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
so red bull then. great, i think this incident will join Vegne's Rockingham non punishment in the pantheon of this year's great motorsport moments
i don't think it was quite red bull, more a tech1 decision. unless someone directly from red bull is on the ground with the team making immediate decisions relative to the politics of the company... tech1 made themselves look pretty dodgy this weekend to be honest. i wonder if the autosport correspondant will mention the answers he received from other teams when he asked them if they'd have protested if they were in tech1's shoes.

on the drivers part, they both looked vaguely embarassed and awkward on the podium and in the press conference. i felt a bit sorry for them, and i don't think vergne welcomed a win by proxy from saturday.

incidentally, isr still had the trophies from race 1 on sunday morning on display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Karma obviously doesn't work completely because they had a 2-3 in today's race, but a plague on all their houses I say.
ricciardo was passed by guerrieri for the lead and handed over a chance to score maximum points. it's there, you just have to look for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A-D.R View Post
Was really strange. Start of the race with Ricciardo and Esteban 1st and 2nd Ricciardo just pulled away and looked like race won. Then Ricciardo pitted first and got stuck behind 2 cars which didn't pit, and was behind them for 2 laps battling, then once he got clean air again he just had no pace.
ricciardo didn't actually celebrate on the podium and was generally pretty disappointed with himself in the press conference. the press release quotes don't really show that, he suggested he needed to learn a lesson from thinking he had it won after the pitstops.

in his defence, when guerrieri is on a charge like that you really don't stand a chance no matter who you are or how quick you are. he WILL get past!
Old 20 Sep 2010, 10:55 (Ref:2761826)   #57
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
I assume there is significant prize-money at stake? If so, Tech 1 'had' to protest if they felt anything was wrong. But from a fans POV, it stunk the place out!
it's more pressure to retain the red bull drivers for next year, isn't it? rather than there being significant prize money at stake there's significant guranteed budget and investment for the following season. i doubt that anyone red bull related would have noticed the errant piece of tape and said "why didn't you protest that, it's clearly outside the technical regulations?" though, but i guess you can't take the risk.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 13:38 (Ref:2761934)   #58
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
it's more pressure to retain the red bull drivers for next year, isn't it? rather than there being significant prize money at stake there's significant guranteed budget and investment for the following season. i doubt that anyone red bull related would have noticed the errant piece of tape and said "why didn't you protest that, it's clearly outside the technical regulations?" though, but i guess you can't take the risk.
Lets forget about the politics.. We are now guaranteed a great fightout for the Championship with 3 drivers capable of winning at the last round. Throughout the season 3 drivers have had good and bad fortune and are now able to take the championship. We don't see all the issues that go on behind the scenes.

The only thing better would be if they all had the same points.

Barcelona is going to be epic. My money is going on Aleshin. Possibly not the favoured, but I rate him and he's due a win. He was fast in race 2.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 14:06 (Ref:2761951)   #59
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
It's a shame for the drivers, because by the sound of it they weren't comfortable with the decision to protest An inherited win is not the same, whatever anyone may say.

Tech 1, on the other hand have done themselves a power of no good, except probably with Red Bull who would regard the decision as entirely logical and correct. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that there had been a telephone conversation.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2761961)   #60
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
Lets forget about the politics.. We are now guaranteed a great fightout for the Championship with 3 drivers capable of winning at the last round. Throughout the season 3 drivers have had good and bad fortune and are now able to take the championship. We don't see all the issues that go on behind the scenes.
well, let's not forget about the politics because unfortunately now they're an integral part of the points and championship as a result of a disqualification. let's look at the situation on paper which indeed is a cracking one.

i think it's quite interesting that people are positive about the chances for the third place driver when if it was anyone else they'd be written off as an unlikely opponent considering the actual statistics!
Old 20 Sep 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2761990)   #61
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Problem is that the impression will stay for a while, but it will wear out and ppl won't regard Guerrierri as the champion, they'll forget about the duct tape.
Just like Bourdais became F3000 champ after Enge got DQ for weed & Pantano had to race with the big wing at Monza.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 22:57 (Ref:2762213)   #62
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who was the clown on the Eurosport commentary? The young lad, ex-racer - loved the sound of his own voice but didnt know what he was talking about. By thunder Eurosport can pick them cant they. Kirby'esque...
Old 21 Sep 2010, 01:38 (Ref:2762241)   #63
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Congratulations to him again. But he shouldn't have taped his moustache at the podium.
why not? it was funny
Old 21 Sep 2010, 06:50 (Ref:2762295)   #64
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
well, let's not forget about the politics because unfortunately now they're an integral part of the points and championship as a result of a disqualification. let's look at the situation on paper which indeed is a cracking one.

i think it's quite interesting that people are positive about the chances for the third place driver when if it was anyone else they'd be written off as an unlikely opponent considering the actual statistics!
Old saying, if you don't have something possitive to say, don't say it.
Everyone agrees that the Tech 1 protest was wrong for the sport. Tech 1 run a buisiness and their job is to do what ever they can to get the best possible result for their driver. I think most professional teams in the same possition would have seriously thought about doing the same. Ricciardo's forced exit probably had a lot to do with their decision. On the weekend all 3 contenders lost a race due incidents outside their control.

Roll on Barcelona, and who ever wins there will be champion in my mind.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 12:46 (Ref:2762476)   #65
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Yes it was, Belatti, but that attitude isn't appropriate for a professional sportsman. It wasn't "healthy" humour.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2762585)   #66
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
For those who missed it:

Silverstone Race 1 - Highlights - Includes Lancaster/Ricciardo incident
Old 21 Sep 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2762613)   #67
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Another video:

Silverstone Race 2 - Highlights - Includes Guerrieri's particular celebration on podium
Old 21 Sep 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2762640)   #68
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Yes it was, Belatti, but that attitude isn't appropriate for a professional sportsman. It wasn't "healthy" humour.
It wasn´t a "healthy" disqualyfication either.

Many people says its boring that professional drivers and sportmen are like robots who just talk and do what they are told to. Others just make a lot of fuzz if anyone does anything barely out of the protocol.

Im in the first group
Old 21 Sep 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2762672)   #69
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I think it's a shame that Tech 1 chose to protest. I had been hoping that Ricciardo would win the title, but now I'm not so bothered because it would be a tainted win.

On the other hand, if the unlikely were to happen and Guerrieri were to pull it off almost everyone would be delighted.