Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

View Poll Results: Who will be crowned 2010 Formula Renault 3.5 champion?
Mikhail Aleshin (Carlin) 116 Points 6 18.75%
Daniel Ricciardo (Tech1) 113 Points 16 50.00%
Esteban Guerrieri (ISR) 100 Points 10 31.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Sep 2010, 19:18 (Ref:2761621)   #1
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who will be crowned 2010 Formula Renault 3.5 champion?

After an exciting penultimate round at Silverstone this weekend, we have a three-way title battle going into the final round of the season in Barcelona in three weeks time. The standings currently look like this:

1. Mikhail Aleshin (Carlin) 116 Points
2. Daniel Ricciardo (Tech 1) 113
3. Esteban Guerrieri (ISR) 100

So, with 30 points up for grabs at the Circuit de Catalunya, who will triumph and be rewarded with the Renault F1 test prize?

Could a kind mod please make this into a poll? Thanks in advance
Old 20 Sep 2010, 02:12 (Ref:2761729)   #2
Ssom
Rookie

Ssom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do not want to take anything away from Ricciardo or Aleshin, as they have both been excellent this year. However nobody deserves this title more than Guerrieri. He has been simply amazing all season and tbh all bets would be off if he wasn't farcically stripped of his race one win at Silverstone.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 03:13 (Ref:2761735)   #3
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still think even if Esteban won race 1 Ricciardo would take the sweep in Barcelona. Ricciardo is super quick there. So my bet for the title is going to be Ricciardo.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 09:53 (Ref:2761803)   #4
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think there's much contest. Guerrierri has missed races, got DQ for the most minor issue ever and he's with ISR! I don't remember them winning anything anywhere!?
Whoever gets the most points at the end, the Esteban is the moral victor. But Ricciardo is the clear favorite, he's on form and he's very close to the leader, Guerrierri needs to dominate & needs luck, something he has never had.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 10:04 (Ref:2761807)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
poll added, sorry for the delay i'd forgotten how to add one

on my part, i'd like to see guerrieri win first, and barring the specific miracles involved for that, ricciardo. i think both have shown the sort of performances that a champion should, they've won races and pulled their fingers out where necessary. it's a shame sten pentus couldn't keep a run together for the whole season but hopefully he'll be able to continue next year in something. likewise albert costa - he's put together a run of points in the second half of the year that makes you wonder what he could have done without his hand injury in the first half.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 01:25 (Ref:2762238)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why did Esteban Guerrieri lose the race 1 win?

I hope Ricciardo wins (for obvious reasons), though everytime he gets close to Aleshin in points something happens . On form Guerrieri should take max points at Catalunya...
Old 21 Sep 2010, 11:48 (Ref:2762443)   #7
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Why did Esteban Guerrieri lose the race 1 win?
For a minor technical infringement by a team member:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban Guerrieri
"We don't know who put it on the car, but after I had a crash this morning someone put a small strip of tape over a join between the nosebox and the bodywork covering the suspension. There should have been pins, but because of the accident this morning it was broken."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86795
Old 21 Sep 2010, 19:30 (Ref:2762674)   #8
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
on my part, i'd like to see guerrieri win first, and barring the specific miracles involved for that, ricciardo. i think both have shown the sort of performances that a champion should, they've won races and pulled their fingers out where necessary.
That edited quote says it for me, thanks.
Old 23 Sep 2010, 14:19 (Ref:2763549)   #9
Mach3
Rookie

Mach3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
That edited quote says it for me, thanks.
I'll second that. Aleshin has done a good job but he has a few years to draw upon...Ricciardo is definitely special, but at the same time Esteban has been fantastic this year. Basically, what Bella/Strider said!
Old 23 Sep 2010, 21:08 (Ref:2763736)   #10
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach3 View Post
I'll second that. Aleshin has done a good job but he has a few years to draw upon...Ricciardo is definitely special, but at the same time Esteban has been fantastic this year. Basically, what Bella/Strider said!
Esteban has many more year racing experience to draw on that Aleshin overall and this is also his 3rd year in WSR.
Old 25 Sep 2010, 04:53 (Ref:2764262)   #11
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Esteban got the Argentine Formula Renault title of year... ¡2000! And started to race in Europe during 2001, thanks for the last comprehensive promotion programme done in my country. Of course he's the most experienced of the trio, but has not the financial / marketing backing that have the other two candidates.

Alas, Aleshin also started racing in formulas in Russia very young, as Esteban...
Old 25 Sep 2010, 12:51 (Ref:2764371)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
Esteban has many more year racing experience to draw on that Aleshin overall and this is also his 3rd year in WSR.
fourth fragmented year, second nearly full year. if you add them up it's barely two seasons. if we're going to get picky, i'll bust out forix

2007 - 2 races with fortec
2008 - about 2/3 of a season with ultimate
2009 - 2 races with rc.
2010 - obviously.

then, if you're going to be fussy, there were 2 races back when it wasn't fr3.5

guerrieri's last full run at a season was in 2007 in british f3, aleshin's had full seasons every year for some time. esteban has ~1.5 years more car racing experience. apart from f2, when aleshin was 3rd, their paths were pretty similar.

i think it's a shame aleshin doesn't get the recognition for getting on with it and learning how to race the proper way, through experience, and if he'd had a few more wins and looked a bit more... competitive then he'd have more support.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 07:07 (Ref:2764588)   #13
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo is the least experianced out of Esteban and Aleshin by a few years, i believe Esteban and Aleshin have done a few season already in 3.5? I think Esteban has been the best driver this year, Aleshin basically had to be quick this year hes been in 3.5 for years and Ricciardo is just pure talented and has kept up with both during the year and probably been the fastest driver easily standout the best rookie. I think Ricciardo will take the title, with Esteban too far back now unless Aleshin and Ricciardo somehow retire and Aleshin just hasn't really shown the pace he has at the start of the season, but hes been Consitent enough to keep the lead.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2766829)   #14
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My head says Ricciardo will take it, but I will be cheering on Esteban !

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 30 Sep 2010, 11:43 (Ref:2767087)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I've said earlier what I hope will happen, but my head is telling that it will be very boring and that Aleshin will clinch the title without too much bother.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 13:02 (Ref:2767120)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I've said earlier what I hope will happen, but my head is telling that it will be very boring and that Aleshin will clinch the title without too much bother.
and that would be completely out of character with the rest of the season i can't help think that he'll prevail too but i'm entirely convinced there's going to be a whole load of drama on and off track. it's going to be fascinating.
Old 2 Oct 2010, 07:38 (Ref:2768053)   #17
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for Ricciardo. There all good drivers, but I just rate Ricciardo a little higher. But looking at what happend in previous happend luck (or bad luck) might be a big factor this weekend.
Old 2 Oct 2010, 17:41 (Ref:2768271)   #18
Alex87
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires
Alex87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guerrieri totally deserves it.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 01:10 (Ref:2773521)   #19
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
and that would be completely out of character with the rest of the season i can't help think that he'll prevail too but i'm entirely convinced there's going to be a whole load of drama on and off track. it's going to be fascinating.
and you were right!