Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 3 Sep 2010, 14:32 (Ref:2754044)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP2 Monza

why is it that we Brits has to wait this time for GP2 from Monza and i know we can not trust the slow bikes. I have a question to ask, is Clos going to miss this race due to his crash? time if slow bikes behave is 4.45pm BST next Saturday.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2754224)   #2
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Italiaracing: Cecotto out, Piscopo in at Trident.
Old 4 Sep 2010, 10:51 (Ref:2754400)   #3
META4
Veteran

META4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alvaro Parente will be back again in Monza for Coloni
Old 4 Sep 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2754480)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by META4 View Post
Alvaro Parente will be back again in Monza for Coloni
Good news, the guy was a star at Spa, if a little fortunate with the strategy!

Hope he can continue to remind people juts how good he is for the rest of the season.

Presumably the lacklustre Tung will be back at DAMS when the management should really stick with Grosjean now he seems to be under the Gravity wing as well?
Old 4 Sep 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2754482)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
According to Italiaracing: Cecotto out, Piscopo in at Trident.
Where does Cecotto go from here? He's had an average season with only a couple of decent showings. But then so has Zaugg so I would think that perhaps the lack of results isn't just the drivers faults?
Old 8 Sep 2010, 17:42 (Ref:2756292)   #6
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Where does Cecotto go from here? He's had an average season with only a couple of decent showings. But then so has Zaugg so I would think that perhaps the lack of results isn't just the drivers faults?
Both are not the worlds next word champion ... but they ain't bad drivers. Guess it's just a question of money.

Btw, Grosjean will be back for DAMS at Monza, Tung is not fit to race yet.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 01:27 (Ref:2756519)   #7
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another name for GP2 at Monza: Brendon Hartley will replace Vlado Arabadzhiev at Coloni.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 08:00 (Ref:2756599)   #8
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Hopefuly Hartley will spice things up a bit.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 12:20 (Ref:2756723)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Jeez, that's one from leftfield!!!

How did that deal come about then?
Old 9 Sep 2010, 13:58 (Ref:2756770)   #10
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Don't know, but I'm very pleased!
Old 9 Sep 2010, 19:19 (Ref:2756932)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Don't know, but I'm very pleased!
Blimey, Guerrieri hasn't signed you know!!

Think I read that Hartley's cause has been assisted by '3 sponsors for the remainder of the season' or something?
Old 9 Sep 2010, 22:08 (Ref:2757016)   #12
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not so surprised, though the results lately improved, but Arabadzhiev was very angry with Coloni after Istanbul. James Robinson also left mid summer.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2757021)   #13
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Blimey, Guerrieri hasn't signed you know!!
But Esteban is focused on WSR title or top 3 (a la Di Grassi GP2 2008 - means having raced less rounds as his rivals), alas, the (Government) local support promised to him is mainly for his F1 aim. Don't know if they would trust GP2 as a step to show his abilities, mostly when only midfield teams could have seats avaliable.

Perhaps an one-off show in a top shot at GP2 Asia next season, as Hülkenberg did in early 2009?
Old 10 Sep 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2757223)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
van der garde fastest this morning, times here:

http://tentenths.com/news/showentry.php?e=1156
Old 10 Sep 2010, 14:44 (Ref:2757289)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
But Esteban is focused on WSR title or top 3 (a la Di Grassi GP2 2008 - means having raced less rounds as his rivals), alas, the (Government) local support promised to him is mainly for his F1 aim. Don't know if they would trust GP2 as a step to show his abilities, mostly when only midfield teams could have seats avaliable.

Perhaps an one-off show in a top shot at GP2 Asia next season, as Hülkenberg did in early 2009?
Mekola you misunderstand me, I was jesting with strider because he is a big fan of Esteban - it wasn't a serious comment about him not doing GP2.

Thanks for the link to the practice info Bella.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 16:01 (Ref:2757320)   #16
skells22
Veteran

we have at the time of writing this a all ART front row. Bianch is on pole with Bird beside him.Maldonado will start 8th despite getting the red flag out and Perez is just one ahead of Maldonado in 7th. Can the title get won this weekend?
Old 10 Sep 2010, 17:04 (Ref:2757350)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
qualifying times here...

http://tentenths.com/news/showentry.php?e=1160
Old 10 Sep 2010, 18:22 (Ref:2757389)   #18
skells22
Veteran

just a little reminder, i have to hope for the slow bikes to get to the end of thier stage before 4.45pm or i am in overrun mode again. that only in the UK
Old 10 Sep 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2757393)   #19
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
Got to be impressed with Bianchi there and what a place to do it in front of his paymasters!!!!

Hopefully Sam can finally get a top result as well.

Interesting that Maldonado's got himself in an awkward starting position, he could get in a right 'pickle' into the first chicane. Mind you Perez hasn't done himself any favours either!

I suspect the title won't be settled this weekend......

Hartley's not disgraced himself has he? It's bloody hard to come into GP2 short notice with no experience of the cars and set the world alight.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2757413)   #20
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
How did that deal come about then?
Judging from the stickers on his car you can "blame it" on the tourist organization of Thailand which also happens to be a Red Bull F1 sponsor

By the way, Maldonado's mistake didn't look that flattering for him, did it?

Last edited by Go_For_Pole; 10 Sep 2010 at 19:40.
Old 11 Sep 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2757624)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
Judging from the stickers on his car you can "blame it" on the tourist organization of Thailand which also happens to be a Red Bull F1 sponsor
Wondering if Hartley came to the team under the wing of Lauda Sports Management or something because there was a story on GPupdate that LSM are entering a collaboration with Coloni from this weekend onwards?

That team has gone from having 2 fairly average drivers to having 2 very decent drivers in the space of 2 weeks!!
Old 11 Sep 2010, 10:49 (Ref:2757635)   #22
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
That team has gone from having 2 fairly average drivers to having 2 very decent drivers in the space of 2 weeks!!
Indeed! It's very nice to see.

If Coloni are in GP2 in 2011, wouldn't Parente and Hartley be a very interesting driver line up? I won't hold my breath though.
Old 11 Sep 2010, 14:07 (Ref:2757692)   #23
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maldonado is champion! Rather bizarre way to clinch a championship after crashing out w/ Grosjean and then Herck taking off Perez.

About Coloni, I doubt they would be in GP2 next season. It's kind of one-sided, but from what I know there are lots of staff changes all the time. I guess the mechanics are hired just for the races, so the car has these mechanical problems since it's not properly prepared and checked... It's not down to the drivers if your steering, brakes, gearbox, engine and what not breaks so often. Of course they had a couple of drivers with big budget, so funding isn't the problem.
Old 11 Sep 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2757727)   #24
skells22
Veteran

and i can said that Bird did not only finish the race but won it, title not won yet if you go by Autosport.
Old 11 Sep 2010, 18:08 (Ref:2757751)   #25
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Title isn't won mathematically, but it will be hard to see how Perez can take every point available and Maldonado score nothing.