Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 1 Nov 2015, 22:30 (Ref:3587300)   #551
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
lol, Kenseth's straight face after he gave Joey the harpoon treatment. Great stuff.

I don't begrudge Gordon his likely final win but it's nonsense he's anywhere near any championship given the others who have been excluded. Just nonsense.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 23:05 (Ref:3587309)   #552
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kenseth is a joke now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I don't begrudge Gordon his likely final win but it's nonsense he's anywhere near any championship given the others who have been excluded. Just nonsense.
Like I've said before, it's about time he benefits from the Chase than getting screwed.

But honestly, all I care about is number 93 finally happening.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 23:52 (Ref:3587329)   #553
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post

But honestly, all I care about is number 93 finally happening.
Yup. Not a Gordon fan by any means but one cannot deny what he's done in the sport so good for him on Grandfather clock #9. I hope he drops it putting it in the trophy room. Wait, he couldn't pick up a Grandfather clock. I hope his minions drop it.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 23:56 (Ref:3587332)   #554
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thoroughly enjoyed everything about that Martinsville race.
Most of the time paybacks don't happen. The 22 was long over due
and he knew it was coming. Can't wait to hear the Nascar
talk this week on Sirrius/XM. Did you see the fans cheer at the track
when the great sliced one was pile driven into the fence! Just
awesome. The Gordon fairy tale season continues. Kennseth
may have a penalty to face but it will be well worth it. Phoenix
will be wild.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 05:12 (Ref:3587397)   #555
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yeah but gordon should have been in the final 4 last year if Dale jr didn't ruin his chances, and was overall best of the year and would have likely been champ without this silly chase. So although it's kind of silly he's now top 4 for 2015, when in actual fact should barely be top 10, but overall he deserves it for his career
Old 3 Nov 2015, 11:35 (Ref:3587782)   #556
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Precedent setting ruling coming down the pike today from Nascar.

My guess is the 20 sits a race and fined 100K. Cars coming back
on the track several laps down to poach really needs to be nipped
in the bud.
Old 3 Nov 2015, 12:26 (Ref:3587785)   #557
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kenseth was probably a little over the top to do it in that situation. but you cant have "Boys have at it" and then cry foul when someone "has at it".
Old 3 Nov 2015, 14:34 (Ref:3587828)   #558
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Kenseth was probably a little over the top to do it in that situation. but you cant have "Boys have at it" and then cry foul when someone "has at it".
This makes sense but NASCAR rarely does....
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Precedent setting ruling coming down the pike today from Nascar.

My guess is the 20 sits a race and fined 100K. Cars coming back
on the track several laps down to poach really needs to be nipped
in the bud.
I think cars coming back out has been an issue for years. Robby Gordon's hood flying into the now removed backstretch grandstands is the best reason not to allow patched cars back out. How the points are awarded are the only reasons they come out, unless they are going out for revenge. Change the points system to cars finishing 25 or lower receiving 0 points and double the points for winning. Then dump the Chase and you have something interesting from start to finish, but WTF do i know?
Old 3 Nov 2015, 15:06 (Ref:3587838)   #559
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
My points scale would be 30-20-18-17-16...
Old 3 Nov 2015, 23:11 (Ref:3587960)   #560
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kenseth benched for two races according to ESPN. Surprised at that.
Old 4 Nov 2015, 00:57 (Ref:3587982)   #561
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
As I posted on another forum, apparently beating the hell outta someone by drilling their lights out is better than spinning them out on a short track while the guy you dumped is protected by 3500 lbs of steel.

Maybe Brian France needs punched in the face a few times to show that it's not fun.
Old 4 Nov 2015, 01:58 (Ref:3588003)   #562
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'm not that surprised they threw the book at him. They're gonna be touchy about their 'chase' being decided by incidents of this sort.

I see Danica also got penalised for thumping Gilliland during a yellow.
Old 4 Nov 2015, 02:02 (Ref:3588005)   #563
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Kenseth benched for two races according to ESPN. Surprised at that.
Too light or too harsh? I thought there would also be
100k or so to cough up, there was not. JGR says they
will appeal. I am sure Penske wont think much of the
coach for doing that. Now I am interested who will
get the seat for a couple of races.
Old 4 Nov 2015, 03:07 (Ref:3588017)   #564
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I'm not that surprised they threw the book at him. They're gonna be touchy about their 'chase' being decided by incidents of this sort.
While I think the punishment fits the crime, I definitely agree that the only reason NASCAR decided to do anything is because it basically screws Logano's chances at the title.

Stupid scenarios like this pop up when you have a stupid system to decide a champion.

Oh and I also found it funny that NASCAR's show decided to have BK as the special guest. No bias there.
Old 4 Nov 2015, 12:48 (Ref:3588098)   #565
canamman
Veteran

United States
Ooops. Kenseth was #2 on the consecutive starts list with 571.
Old 4 Nov 2015, 14:28 (Ref:3588119)   #566
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully, NASCAR won't add Lagano to the final race because of this if he misses "The Chase". I could see that they might because of the added "drama" trumping sport.
Old 4 Nov 2015, 21:08 (Ref:3588238)   #567
canamman
Veteran

United States
I don't see that happening but if it was the Phoenix weekend, then
that could happen. I get NASCAR on my truck xm and I am really
sick of the topic. Every single caller gives their spin. (no pun intended)
Old 8 Nov 2015, 19:42 (Ref:3589079)   #568
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Aw. Sliced Doosh is behind the wall.
Old 8 Nov 2015, 20:38 (Ref:3589086)   #569
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see the old Goodyear tyre failure races are back.
Old 8 Nov 2015, 23:02 (Ref:3589105)   #570
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
It's a sad day when I'm happy to see the 48 win. Good scrap between JJ and Brad at the end.

Sparse as crowd as I've seen in Texas.

Edit. Thought Brad ran Truex up the track a little unfairly on the last restart but sounds like it was hard racing. Kudos to BK on his post race comments.
Old 8 Nov 2015, 23:02 (Ref:3589106)   #571
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Bad Brad got outrun there by Johnson despite a great defence. Good debut from Erik Jones and even Danica had some pace.
Old 8 Nov 2015, 23:21 (Ref:3589112)   #572
canamman
Veteran

United States
Typical cookie cutter borefest. Oh well
I guess the 3 1/2 hour wait was worth the
compelling 48 pass on the 2. Could not be
happier for the 22.
Old 9 Nov 2015, 00:41 (Ref:3589135)   #573
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
I wanted BK to win. The last driver I wanted to see win was JJ.
Old 9 Nov 2015, 01:41 (Ref:3589142)   #574
Nathan_258
Rookie

Nathan_258 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matt Kenseth: The latest social media hero with a persecution complex

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup...n-france-tweet

Matt Kenseth

@mattkenseth
Good work @JimmieJohnson! Textbook pass for the win at the end of the race when someone is trying to take your lane. #quintessential
Old 9 Nov 2015, 07:54 (Ref:3589191)   #575
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Glad the 48 won, I like Team Penske, but not there drivers for some reason... I hope the 78 gets through & wins the championship - how good would that be

Jeff Gordon 4082
Kyle Busch 4080
Kevin Harvick 4079
Martin Truex Jnr 4076
Carl Edwards 4069
Brad Keselowski 4057
Kurt Busch 4048
Joey Logano 4013 - turned to poo for Joey!