Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Nov 2003, 15:28 (Ref:792195)   #1
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More off season...

Williams have commented on the McLaren/Montoya/2005 news about being less then excited not to say not amused by it. Williams found it odd that they now face 2004 with a driver that already has commited himself to rival-team. I can understand Williams, but I also believe that Montoya wouldn't have any problem with becoming the 2004 champion (and thus McLaren gaining the number 1 on their 2005 car, so its somewhat in their interest too) and therefor beating Ralf. So I don't think it'll lead to any motivationproblems on his side.

Fact remains that the relationship between Williams and Montoya, that has been reported as being 'under stress' hasn't become any easier.

Would Williams have any interest in letting Montoya go to McLaren for 2004?

Let's consider this.

-McLaren have expressed an interest in Montoya, have in fact signed Montoya, but can't get him prior to 2005 because of Montoya's obligations to Williams for 2004.

-Williams have expressed an interest in Webber, but can't get him prior to 2005 because of Webbers obligations to Jaguar for 2004.

-Jaguar have expressed an interest in Coulthard, but can't get him prior to 2005, because of Coulthards obligations to McLaren for 2004.

So, there are mutual interests between Williams, McLaren and Jaguar, in which they all want something the other one has to offer. How difficult would it be to break the contracts and make it happen a year earlier?

Jaguar would've gain the least out if this option, but if they'd be prepared to weigh off Webber against Coulthard and perhaps recieve an amount of money by the two parties (Williams and McLaren) who want to make this happen (Jaguar is reportedly in need of some cash) (and lets be honest, Webber would surely gain from this), this could go through without too much problems, wouldn't it?

Your thoughts?

Last edited by NiceGuyEddie; 23 Nov 2003 at 15:29.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 15:43 (Ref:792202)   #2
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

According to Canadian site: www.nbnet.nb.ca its all in the bag for Jaques:

Quote:
Villeneuve Confirmed At Williams in 2004

11/22/2003

The French-Canadian will partner Ralf Schumacher in 2004 and beyond!

An announcement by Craig Pollock today confirmed some speculation as to the current driver situation at Williams. Juan Pablo Montoya's services are no longer required by the BMW-powered team, and he will likely join McLaren one year before his expected debut for the team. Pollock announced that "Villeneuve is excited and motivated, and will be looking to mount a serious title challenge in 2004", but also indicated that this move has been in the works for quite some time.

"We have known about this for so long now, that it was so hard to keep it quiet! Thats why you haven't heard much from Jacques lately!" Pollock says.
Somehow, I find this somewhat hard to believe.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 15:51 (Ref:792207)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thats big news, but yeah I can't quiet belive it either...
Old 23 Nov 2003, 15:57 (Ref:792209)   #4
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was posted last night by someone else but seems to have been deleted now. Looks like some desperate Canadian Journo trying to create something that isn't there to me.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 16:00 (Ref:792211)   #5
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have'nt Williams already confirmed Ralf and Montoya for 2004 there is no way Villeneuve is going to Williams
Old 23 Nov 2003, 16:07 (Ref:792216)   #6
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just looked in pulled posts, the wording of this article and the deleted one is almost the same. That URL has nothing about F1 on it either that I could find. Looks like another false alarm...

Last edited by Down F0rce; 23 Nov 2003 at 16:08.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 16:24 (Ref:792228)   #7
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lying Numptys
Old 23 Nov 2003, 17:31 (Ref:792266)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i wouldnt beleive that JV story unless i found it on an f1 site! looks more like some die hard JV fans having some fun....
Old 23 Nov 2003, 17:33 (Ref:792267)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
anyway about NGE's question.... when have JAG formally declared an interest in DC?
Old 23 Nov 2003, 18:25 (Ref:792297)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My feeling about this is that it is a lot less of a problem than is being made out.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 18:29 (Ref:792301)   #11
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
anyway about NGE's question.... when have JAG formally declared an interest in DC?
Not formally. Teams tend to keep their interests formally to themselves, but there have been much and well funded rumour that Jaguar has a place for DC once the opportunity arises.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 18:47 (Ref:792310)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The main problem for Williams with this announcement is that it put's Ralf in a stronger position for his new contract. Willaims like continuity. Having said that I am unsure that the announcement has made much difference. All involved will have had a pretty decent idea what was going on.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 23:24 (Ref:792468)   #13
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Re: More off season...

Quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuyEddie

-Jaguar have expressed an interest in Coulthard, but can't get him prior to 2005, because of Coulthards obligations to McLaren for 2004.
Cant say I've ever heard that one.

I do agree however, it all fits nicely. The one parting with the money would be McLaren though, Frank would only agree to this if it did'nt cost him anything (and it should'nt).

I think most of these rumours are the fans wishful thinking. The Monty fans are keen to see him in a Silver car, the Webber fans are keen to see him in anything good, and the DC fans would be happy he had a seat at all, let alone in the big Cat.

I would like to see it happen, but I think it's unlikely.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 01:11 (Ref:792524)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
The main problem for Williams with this announcement is that it put's Ralf in a stronger position for his new contract. Willaims like continuity.
Disagree about Rafe's position Adam. Sure, Williams might like continuity, but not at a big cost. I honestly can't see Frank giving Rafe big money when he has been beaten by him team-mate for the last 2 seasons running.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 01:46 (Ref:792544)   #15
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Mr v, look at Damon Hill he got too greedy for his own good.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 08:13 (Ref:792716)   #16
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I repeat what I once said in another thread: Monty knopws that no Williams driver who won the title stayed there the following year; he just put himself in a condition who appears to be mandatory to get the WDC running for old Frankie..
Frankie himself and Mr Head know it as well, therefore they'll have no problem to support JPM for this season.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 10:20 (Ref:792799)   #17
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it's a good job he didn't win the WC as he wouldn't have been here this year.

But the question of JV driving for them is a bit ridiculous, as he has already won the WC for Williams and so cannot drive for them again Except maybe for a couple of races in a year, like a Mr. Mansell
Old 24 Nov 2003, 12:15 (Ref:792856)   #18
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
i wouldnt beleive that JV story unless i found it on an f1 site! looks more like some die hard JV fans having some fun....

It wasn't me!
Honest!
Old 24 Nov 2003, 12:26 (Ref:792862)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Didn't find anything about this anywhere... false alarm... I guess this thread is really useless.