Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Downforce Radio

Notices

Old 22 May 2015, 00:30 (Ref:3540059)   #1
LesterForbes
Site Partner
Rookie

United Nations
Glossop, Derbyshire
LesterForbes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tincknell: I considered asking Jason Plato for advice

From the Downforce Radio website:
Quote:

Harry Tincknell is confident that Nissan will be able to compete well at next month’s Le Mans 24 Hours, but revealed he was anxious about the concept of the GT-R LM NISMO prior to his first test the car.

The 23-year-old, who was one of the drivers to lead Jota Sport to an LMP2 class win at La Sarthe last year, told Downforce Radio: ”Of course, there was a bit of anxiety beforehand, because I was thinking ‘Am I going to be as good in a front-wheel drive, front-engined car compared to a rear-wheel drive, rear engined car that I’ve been driving my whole career?’. I thought ‘Am I going to have to call Jason Plato and ask for some tips?’.

However, the Brit believes that the unusual design concept of Nissan’s new LMP1 challenger is not short of downforce, adding:”Luckily, the car, while it is very different, it actually drives very similar to a conventional racing car. There’s some benefits and some downsides to it, and we’re just trying to maximise the benefits and minimise the downsides. I can honestly say that in corners like the Porsche Curves at Le Mans, it is going to be very strong. The downforce is very very good”.
Tincknell will drive the #22 Nissan GT-R LM NISMO in the Le Mans 24 Hours, alongside Michael Krumm and fellow Brit Alex Buncombe.
To hear the full interview with Harry it's on the Downforce Radio Website http://downforce-radio.co.uk/tinckne...to-for-advice/