Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 11 May 2015, 08:59 (Ref:3536385)   #31
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic has a real shot at the championship!Akrapovic has a real shot at the championship!Akrapovic has a real shot at the championship!Akrapovic has a real shot at the championship!Akrapovic has a real shot at the championship!Akrapovic has a real shot at the championship!
I have no problem with dumbed down controls. Like I said, I grew up with GPL, I had a good iRacing rating, etc. I am a sim racer through and through. But I have no time for that with my life now. I do miss it but I have more important priorities. So a Simcade game like this was perfect for me.

But this games controls are deeply broken on the X1. Completely unplayable broken. I want to like it, but at the moment it does not function as a racing game.

This is before we talk about issues like the AI not changing tyres when it rains, and continue to set dry weather times, on slicks, on a wet track and various other game play issues. I'm not even at the point of being able to discuss gameplay issues, because the game is broken before it even gets to that point.
Old 11 May 2015, 13:34 (Ref:3536440)   #32
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Akra, you can fix the locking of the steering issue by setting steering deadzone to 0
Old 11 May 2015, 13:52 (Ref:3536443)   #33
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic has a real shot at the championship!Akrapovic has a real shot at the championship!Akrapovic has a real shot at the championship!Akrapovic has a real shot at the championship!Akrapovic has a real shot at the championship!Akrapovic has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Akra, you can fix the locking of the steering issue by setting steering deadzone to 0
Tried it, doesn't work. Does work for some, doesn't for others. And a joypad with no deadzone is also hard to drive with. This issue is then compounded by the faulty settings which mean you reach maximum lock within 40% of the steering range. So unfortunately it's a fix which doesn't work foe everybody, and only makes a separate issue worse.

How this game was released in this state I do not know.
Old 11 May 2015, 18:39 (Ref:3536530)   #34
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No wish to be rude, but why would you want to drive a sim like this with a joypad......?

I don't know much about this apart from loving what I've seen. But can I still use my beloved Momo Force?

Pointless question as there can't be any chance that my old pc would be able to run this......
Old 12 May 2015, 07:13 (Ref:3536665)   #35
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Because I want to sit in my bed and play a game with the wife. That's what we do. This is a console game, and has been advertised heavily on the xbox front page, yet it doesn't work with the controller? This isn't really a sim (certainly not on the same level as iRacing, Assetto Corsa, GPL, Game Stock Car, GTR or GTL), and the controller issues are not restricted to joypads - these issues exist on wheels, but due to the nature the effects are minimised. To make it worse, settings which existed in the debug menu which would've been useful for fixing these bugs, are not available in the final release.

There are even PC Beta testers who bought the game on consoles and then promptly returned the game, saying it's completely broken.

Discovered another bug last night whilst trying to bodge some working settings into the menus. The Speed Sensitivity setting is obviously used to decrease sensitivity at high speed to stop you spearing off the circuit. However in pCARs it goes beyond this and if you set speed sensitivity high, it stops the car steering at all at high speed. And then the lower the speed gets, the more sensitive it becomes.

This leads to silly situations where the car literally cannot turn, and then when you do slow down, it finally turns in and you end up correcting all over the place. This then exaggerates itself as you drop off speed to control the problem, as the controls get continually more and more sensitive.
Old 12 May 2015, 09:55 (Ref:3536692)   #36
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The game in my opinion as Akra says is marketed at console users. The controls have been setup like this, with a deadzone in the steering etc that you always get with console games.

The biggest problem is that insetad of concentrating on one or the other WMD hvae tried to do both and that will always be a compromise.

It's a nice idea, but an idiotic business plan, as you can never appease everyone.

All I have sen on the forums I use regularly are not praise, there is that, but mainly continuous posts about how to set things up, graphics issues, hardware issues.

Just smacks of a game that should not have been released but was forced into being so by a team that were simply unaware of how many issues they face and led by a perosn who simply tried a one size fits all approach in a market that it will never work in.

Can you imagine trying to play Iracing or GPL, or GP79 on your PLaystation?

No of course not, I rest my case. They have tried to make a racey version of Gran Turismo in my opinion, but it has largely been put together by sim gamers, so you have a massive contradiction between the people who are testing it and the market they are clearly aiming to succeed in.
Old 13 May 2015, 09:27 (Ref:3536999)   #37
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Either Microsoft is desperate to push any game it can on the X1, or SMS have paid for the top advertising slot on the X1 page. It's a two thirds page advert on the front Store page at the moment, pushing pCARs. Brave to heavily advertise a game in this state.
Old 13 May 2015, 10:27 (Ref:3537028)   #38
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Honestly nothign amazes me about thme.

Their maketing budget must run into millions with the adverts they are running at the moment, which means they had far more money than members were led to believe.

the game is getting good reviews and has sold well, but as I say it is mainly from next gen console users. The PC market accounted for about 6% of overall sales.

Hilarious considering those users are the ones that bankrolled the project and supposedly developed it, (posted on a forum lol)
Old 14 May 2015, 07:31 (Ref:3537324)   #39
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PC users funded a game designed for consoles.

Gutted.
Old 15 May 2015, 06:50 (Ref:3537608)   #40
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
PC users funded a game designed for consoles.

Gutted.
If it was designed for consoles then they've done a spectacularly bad job of it since it currently doesn't work on consoles.

After the flood of 0 star reviews on Amazon stating it's broken, there's now a bunch of oddly worded 5 star reviews saying it's perfect. That's not at all suspicious.
Old 15 May 2015, 07:36 (Ref:3537617)   #41
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Bought this on the Xbox 1. DO NOT BUY THE CONSOLE VERSIONS.

I don't know how the PC one is, so I will not speak of it. But the console version is currently not playable. The joypad controls have major major bugs which make some cars completely undriveable.

Currently, going from lock to lock quickly will not work. If you are on left lock, then switch to the right too quickly, it continues on full left lock until you release the stick and let the car reset itself. Obviously by then it's too late to do anything as you've already had your accident.

The cars themselves are also too sensitive for a joypad. The reason is the car reaches full lock within 40% of the sticks travel. So before you're even turned half way, the car is already on full lock. There is also several other issues such as the Speed Sensitivity setting being reversed, and most control options not being explained. Being Sim racers, most of us understand deadzones and what not, but what on earth does "Control Input 1, 2 or 3" actually mean? I'm on a console - I can't open an ini to check this stuff.

What's worse is the community is busy telling people that it is a sim and meant to be hard. Meanwhile the dev team partly acknowledge the games flaws, but the community argues these flaws don't exist. The Xbox One patch is also broken, with gamers having to do hard reboots of the console for the patch to apply. SMS have now managed to make this game harder to play on a console than it is on a PC. I moved to console gaming because I no longer have time to play PC games to the max and need a more relaxed attitude, and this games actually harder to setup than Assetto Corsa was!

I grew up with GPL. Hot lapping the Ring trying to shave 0.1 off of my GPL Rank. I worked for Reiza Studios. I qualified for the iRacing Drivers World Championship. And now I'm being told by others that pCARS is a sim and the reason I can't drive it is because it's too realistic. In reality this game is completely broken on consoles.

I hope the PC version is better, but I do not hold my breath. Buy Assetto Corsa if you want a realistic driving experience. Buy Forza if you want an arcade (but slightly believable) one. Whilst this should be a bridge between both, it does not mean anything whilst you currently cannot play it.

For the first time ever, I'm seeking a refund for a game. Because it's a Digital Download it may not be possible. But I'm giving it a go.
Yup, i'm screwed, too lol

I'm (kind of) glad other people are saying this, because all i've done is tamper with the control settings and I never feel like i've got it right.

It's either horrifically laggy and understeery at high speed, then just a twitchy/spinning mess on the slow corners.

Help!

Selby
Old 15 May 2015, 11:13 (Ref:3537666)   #42
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Thats interesting Selby, I am amaazed you bought the damn thing though knowing all the hassles they have had with it

There are places like Steam and racedept where you can try settings for wheels, might be an option.

But I think I will wait until it's on sale and been patched to oblivion!
Old 21 May 2015, 07:19 (Ref:3539836)   #43
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby711
Any update on the controller patch?

And yes, I have read all the threads with workarounds and various settings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Bell
Yes, we have an update, but we're hiding it from the users to further frustrate them.
Isn't it nice to have the head of the studio being sarcastic to the customers who've paid ~50 for a product that doesn't work.
Old 21 May 2015, 17:26 (Ref:3539972)   #44
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
The man has an ego the size of Europe and is one of the main reasons this game has such a MArmite following I am afraid.

In any other business he would have been long gone.

He is the perfect example of a man surrounded by psychophants.
Old 21 May 2015, 19:20 (Ref:3539991)   #45
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Reading all this is very disappointing. I was even contemplating buying a new pc to upgrade from my now seriously ageing machine, primarily to be able to run this. (I don't do consoles ). I probably will anyway (as my wife says I ought to..... ), but I had hoped to read better than this from something that loooked so tasty.....