Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 11 Jul 2016, 15:24 (Ref:3658329)   #1
beermonsterblack
Rookie

United Kingdom
southampton england
beermonsterblack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
newbie saying hi

hi guys just joined up hi have a 1990 Vauxhall cavalier gsi 2000 im considering turning into a track car so will be looking for advice as never done any track racing I used to do autograss tho would like to enter into historic racing also here's a link to my car http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/...psyoefiag3.jpg
Old 14 Jul 2016, 03:23 (Ref:3658760)   #2
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
'Just noticed (I'm not here alot) 95 views of your post but no replies, so WELCOME !!!

I'm on the other side of the pond so can't make any suggestions for you.

'curious though...what's "autograss"? I'm guessing ('just a guess) it's similar to our autocross? ('round a coned circuit) How does the grass fit into the picture? I'll Google in the meantime.

But, again, nice to have you aboard.

jimclark
Old 14 Jul 2016, 10:54 (Ref:3658798)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome on Ten Tenths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
'Just noticed (I'm not here alot) 95 views of your post but no replies, so WELCOME !!!

'curious though...what's "autograss"? I'm guessing ('just a guess) it's similar to our autocross? ('round a coned circuit) How does the grass fit into the picture? I'll Google in the meantime.

Autograss is sort of British version of dirt oval racing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbNb3f8r0pg
Old 19 Jul 2016, 08:30 (Ref:3659542)   #4
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

95 Miserable blithers on ten/tenths?

Better not make it 96 so; Welcome to a parallel universe, where fact and fiction meld together, and asking for advice is a perilous course of inaction. You will almost be certainly 'guided' in so many different directions you will either shoot yourself or simply voluntarily enter an asylum before very long.

Be advised; There are some very serious people lurking around the forum, and no end of assorted clowns, idiots, comedians, and generally daft individuals.
I, of course fit neatly in to the former category.

Enjoy your stay, and as a long time Vauxhall devotee, I admire your choice of automobile, Sir!

bauble.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 09:44 (Ref:3659555)   #5
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
95 Miserable blithers on ten/tenths?

Better not make it 96 so; Welcome to a parallel universe, where fact and fiction meld together, and asking for advice is a perilous course of inaction. You will almost be certainly 'guided' in so many different directions you will either shoot yourself or simply voluntarily enter an asylum before very long.

Be advised; There are some very serious people lurking around the forum, and no end of assorted clowns, idiots, comedians, and generally daft individuals.
I, of course fit neatly in to the former category.

Enjoy your stay, and as a long time Vauxhall devotee, I admire your choice of automobile, Sir!

bauble.
I thought I'd better add my comments as Baub has stuck his oar in!
Yes, welcome to the forum, like many others I've spent many happy moments on here since joining. It can be a useful source of information, but you must be wary and decide for yourself what is good information, and what is bad.
I'm not going to pick which of Baub's categories I fit into, but would like to think that I fit into all of them one way or another (especially the latter categories).
I am a bit out of touch with latter day club racing nowadays but some things that I'm sure haven't changes are the work & costs involved in getting the car race ready, and then the additional costs of making the car competitive.
It's nearly 35 years since my (very brief) racing career and I remember spending all of my spare time (and available cash) preparing my race car and ensuring that my tow car would be able to get it to the circuits, but I wouldn't have changed that for anything. I did it, have been there and have got the 'T' shirt (although for some reason, it doesn't fit me anymore!)
One activity that is better value for money (but didn't happen back in my day) is track days. A typical race meeting you'd get something like 10 or fifteen minutes practice and maybe a 10 or 15 lap race, on a track day you'd gat something like a 20 minute session every hour for say 4 hours, so a lot more track time (which will take its toll on tyres & fuel etc.) It isn't racing obviously, but it does give you the opportunity for plenty of track time which is the initial buzz.
Also like Baub, as you can guess from my sign on name, I too am (or was) a Vauxhall devotee, so do wish you the best of luck mate.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 19:44 (Ref:3659643)   #6
beermonsterblack
Rookie

United Kingdom
southampton england
Quote:

thank you for being the first to reply and autograss is british oval racing on dirt
Old 19 Jul 2016, 19:58 (Ref:3659646)   #7
beermonsterblack
Rookie

United Kingdom
southampton england
well thanks guys nice to be welcomed to a new forum for me nice to see some fellow Vaux lovers and people ready to give advise