Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 21 Nov 2004, 17:02 (Ref:1160044)   #16
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahhhh, I finally can appreciate the link. Before I kept getting that hosted by Angelfire picture. That cabinet is like professional grade! Wow!
Old 21 Nov 2004, 19:13 (Ref:1160128)   #17
Knowlesy
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That looks fabulous Craig!

Although the first win box stands out like a sore thumb!
"This will be the dullest teammate battle for many years. Worse than Schumacher/Irvine. Ricciardo will never out-qualify Vettel, not once. He might beat him in a race occasionally, if Vettel has trouble. He won't win a single race IMO."

Top Formula 1 analyst Knowlesy previews the 2014 season.
Old 21 Nov 2004, 20:36 (Ref:1160196)   #18
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmmm, rather puts my window sill to shame......
Old 21 Nov 2004, 21:42 (Ref:1160271)   #19
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have 7 shelves having my 192 cars of all sizes, but will soon have some kind of cabinet too.
Old 21 Nov 2004, 22:05 (Ref:1160294)   #20
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the podium!Craig has a real shot at the podium!Craig has a real shot at the podium!Craig has a real shot at the podium!
You can do worse than checking out the link provided by Redshoes - excellent service.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 01:50 (Ref:1160418)   #21
MikeHoyer
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mine are wherever I've got shelf space for the 1:43's, and most of my 1:18's are on clear display boxes on my bookshelf, the rest are on my piano.
Old 30 Nov 2004, 16:13 (Ref:1168154)   #22
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got 4 cabinets, each 30" x 30" with 4 inch depth.

9 shelves each - get about 60 in a cabinet.

Mike - I get these from Ipswich - dscshowcases. He'll make any size to order, with a choice of background colours and wood
Old 30 Nov 2004, 20:25 (Ref:1168315)   #23
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the podium!Craig has a real shot at the podium!Craig has a real shot at the podium!Craig has a real shot at the podium!
Do you have a link, Simon?
Old 30 Nov 2004, 20:26 (Ref:1168317)   #24
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Ah got it: http://dscshowcases.co.uk/
Old 7 Jan 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1496990)   #25
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do you display your models?

How do you display your models? I have two cabinets with all of my best models.
Old 9 Jan 2006, 13:16 (Ref:1497814)   #26
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Spalding, Lincolnshire
John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!
I use a number of display cabinets with glass sliding doors. The models get dusty enough even then, so displaying them without some form of see- through cover is a definite no, no. The trouble is that collections soon get too large and you run out of wall space; so then you either rotate the colection on display, which is a pain, or you finish up with a load of models in boxes, that you rarely look at. My models are primarily to 1/43 scale; I cannot imagine how you would display a large collection of bigger scale models, unless you own a very substantial property, I guess!
Old 9 Jan 2006, 14:18 (Ref:1497867)   #27
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!
I've got two display cabinets on the wall, one has my F1 models the other touring cars and Group B cars. All the models are 1/43 and I've got a few in the loft because I don't have enough space for them all. I've also got a load of 1/24 models that I've built from Tamiya kits, currently these are all still packed in boxes (haven't been unpacked from the house move). I don't have anywhere to put them at the moment so they're staying where they are for now (and the unbuilt kits don't look like getting done anytime soon )
Old 11 Jan 2006, 16:14 (Ref:1499323)   #28
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello,

I have one wall mounted display cabinet with 50 (I think) 1/43 scale cars in. Six cars live "out" in various other places and get dusty! Another 50 or so live in a plastic box in the loft. Also in the loft is my collection of "unbuilt but will get round to them one day" models ranging from 1/43 to very old Tamiya Jim Clark Lotus 49 in 1/12 scale.

I also have quite a collection of warplanes to be made but that's another story.

Nick
Old 12 Jan 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1499817)   #29
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got 5 cabinets with glass doors which hold c.80 1/43 each. All cars removed from boxes and plinths.
Old 12 Jan 2006, 11:42 (Ref:1499837)   #30
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Spalding, Lincolnshire
John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!
Yes, the plinths take up far too much space.