Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Dec 2006, 11:18 (Ref:1795639)   #76
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raglanparade
Surely Junior is top line....
I can't tell if you're being sarcy?
Old 20 Dec 2006, 12:01 (Ref:1795676)   #77
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well done Dick, glad to see DJR are not lost to the sport.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 14:37 (Ref:1795853)   #78
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
I really don't know where these rumours are coming from. It won't be Bundaberg Rum and it won't be Jim Beam.
Really !

Well done Dick - an icon of the series - you deserve to hit a home run after that Westpoint debacle.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 14:47 (Ref:1795871)   #79
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
The powder room has been a hive of activity today... wondering whether the DJR sponsorship from this newly-acquired division of Coca Cola shall see former Coke pimup boy Wayne Gardner join this squad for the enduro season...

Stranger things have happened
But that would interfere with Waynes daily cappucino routine-he is regularly seen in Manly (Sydney) sitting out on the footpath cafes sipping coffee !
Old 20 Dec 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1796014)   #80
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace
Really !

Well done Dick - an icon of the series - you deserve to hit a home run after that Westpoint debacle.
All i can say really is that Ford really did find a way of helping Dick out.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 20:25 (Ref:1796181)   #81
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My question is,

How can a sponsorship be released by a company that has not complete the purchase of the company that providing the sponsorship.

Thats the rumour anyway.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1796212)   #82
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jim Beam and coke on the same car would be a good novelty... Gardner and Cromley. I guess this announcement means Davison can breath easier, I think with a better operating budget he'd be one to watch next year! And hes already quicker than junior Johnson in his rookie season!
Old 20 Dec 2006, 23:57 (Ref:1796301)   #83
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Also a Believer
My question is,

How can a sponsorship be released by a company that has not complete the purchase of the company that providing the sponsorship.

Thats the rumour anyway.

Mate, can we try that in English English as your Australian English in unrecognisable....
Old 21 Dec 2006, 00:10 (Ref:1796306)   #84
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
Mate, can we try that in English English as your Australian English in unrecognisable....
Hey your a Kiwi. Just take out all the vowels!
Old 21 Dec 2006, 00:24 (Ref:1796312)   #85
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit
Hey your a Kiwi. Just take out all the vowels!

Bloody prick

But what was Also a Believer on about??
Old 21 Dec 2006, 00:32 (Ref:1796314)   #86
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Jim Beam deal has been done thru CCAmatil, however the deal for CCAmatil to buy Maxxium Brands which owns the Jim Beam licence in Australia is yet to be concluded....

Kinda like signing up to put a pool into a house you just put a deposit on but dont yet own.....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 Dec 2006, 00:45 (Ref:1796325)   #87
Just Do It!
Veteran

But it's not a sale, it's simply a manufacturing and distribution agreement....in much the same way that Independent Liquor cans and bottles all the V energy drink in Australasia for Frucor
Old 21 Dec 2006, 00:56 (Ref:1796328)   #88
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bloody prick
Don't you mean Bldy Prck?
Old 21 Dec 2006, 01:09 (Ref:1796334)   #89
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But it's not a sale, it's simply a manufacturing and distribution agreement....in much the same way that Independent Liquor cans and bottles all the V energy drink in Australasia for Frucor
Nope, its a sale... the Maxxium business currently is owned by a group of 4 brand owners whose products are distributed by the joint venture. The basis of this business' profit is to charge a % of sales to the brand owners for the holding and distribution of the products in this country, plus execute a marketing program designed and executed in accordance with the brandowner

CCAmatil are buying out the partners to take over these brands in Australia. This will also mean CCAmatil shall manage the inventory holdings for the imported products, including a fairly significant bond store facility...

i.e they have bought a business that already operates as opposed to merely taking over the distribution rights and having to build up from scratch on the back of the Coke model.

Certainly the sales and marketing rights come along as well....
Old 21 Dec 2006, 01:11 (Ref:1796335)   #90
Just Do It!
Veteran

Nope. Left the vowels in so Aussie readers could understand it too.
Old 21 Dec 2006, 01:17 (Ref:1796339)   #91
Just Do It!
Veteran

Quote:
Nope, its a sale... the Maxxium business currently is owned by a group of 4 brand owners whose products are distributed by the joint venture. The basis of this business' profit is to charge a % of sales to the brand owners for the holding and distribution of the products in this country, plus execute a marketing program designed and executed in accordance with the brandowner

CCAmatil are buying out the partners to take over these brands in Australia. This will also mean CCAmatil shall manage the inventory holdings for the imported products, including a fairly significant bond store facility...

i.e they have bought a business that already operates as opposed to merely taking over the distribution rights and having to build up from scratch on the back of the Coke model.

Certainly the sales and marketing rights come along as well....
Well this is big news. I thought the Maxxium deal announced recently was only for the distribution. Since Maxxium operates in 30+ countries worldwide, will this see the break-up of the Maxxium Brands Group or is it a one-off??

I hope they have done their due diligence on Beam Brands ability to supply Jim Beam Bourbon
Old 21 Dec 2006, 01:36 (Ref:1796350)   #92
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be nice to see a yellow DJR car again.
Old 21 Dec 2006, 01:50 (Ref:1796357)   #93
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Did Dick thank Craig Gore for bringing WPS to V8Supercar and therefore opening Westpoint up as an opportunity?
Over 17,000 posts and yet you still manage a piece of crap like that in a poor attempt at humour??

To make any comparison between a highly regarded and respected firm like WPS to Snake Oil mob like Westpoint is poor form particulary by a moderator.
Old 21 Dec 2006, 02:06 (Ref:1796370)   #94
Chuggwald
Rookie

Chuggwald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was funny bazil... :S
Old 21 Dec 2006, 02:47 (Ref:1796395)   #95
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil
Over 17,000 posts and yet you still manage a piece of crap like that in a poor attempt at humour??

To make any comparison between a highly regarded and respected firm like WPS to Snake Oil mob like Westpoint is poor form particulary by a moderator.
Actually Bazil, if you read one of the many interviews with Mr Gore in V8X, he is recorded as taking credit for attracting a sponsor like Westpoint into the series with DJR.

Clearly this was before the Westpoint clientele understood the difference between a promissory note and a capital guarantee, but if anything is funny in that whole nightmare, it is that little snippet from the leader of WPS with the benefit of hindsight.
Old 21 Dec 2006, 03:14 (Ref:1796407)   #96
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jim Beam has signed as the official Bourbon sponsor of V8 Supercar

Jim Beam has signed as the official Bourbon sponsor of V8 Supercar

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/la...M&gid=24453897

I presume this is in addition to the Dick Johnson sponsorship?
Old 21 Dec 2006, 03:34 (Ref:1796414)   #97
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe V8 supercars them selves are throwing the monbey at Dick. Would be bad form to see the oldest team in the catagory GONE>
Old 21 Dec 2006, 03:37 (Ref:1796416)   #98
Just Do It!
Veteran

I sure hope so or it is sayonara DJR.

This isnt the first time that victory has been snatched from the hands of....no, I just can't say that.

I bet Fosters are scratching their heads as Cougar is a bourbon I am sure
Old 21 Dec 2006, 03:55 (Ref:1796426)   #99
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil
To make any comparison between a highly regarded and respected firm like WPS to Snake Oil mob like Westpoint is poor form
touche.
Old 21 Dec 2006, 04:21 (Ref:1796436)   #100
just asking
Rookie

just asking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with most that it would be sad to see DJR out the door.

The new JB sponsorship should be just what the Dr. ordered.

In the most recent addition of MN, their artist has made some mock ups of the 07 livery.
Dont know how close these will be to the end product, but the cars look pretty good.
Especially the orange and black one ( that'll confuse the commentators - is it jason richards, garth tander or Steve johnson.....thank god diffey's not around next year!!)