Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 11 Oct 2017, 02:18 (Ref:3773554)   #1
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
MotoAmerica Pittsburgh

I don't normally pop into this section, but I stumbled across the coverage of the SBK/SS1000 races, the first Pro event it would seem, from the (sort of) new Pittsburgh Int'l Race Complex (was BeaveRun).

I was just curious what those who more regularly follow motorcycle racing thought of the course and the racing there.

At least for my part, it looked like an interesting/challenging course, which seemed to put on some good action. In some ways, it maybe reminded me of VIR. Speaking of which, I'd be interested to see how a GT-only IMSA race would go at PIRC.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 20:22 (Ref:3782698)   #2
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Alright, maybe this will help.

Race 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1qTfZZ8xxU

Race 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WtrDuOXYuA
Old 28 Nov 2017, 04:12 (Ref:3783665)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for posting race links. It's been about decade since I've watched American Road Racing and I was glad to recognize some of the riders names! Made it through a portion of Race 1. Maybe I'll get back to Race 2 later this week.

The course looked pretty neat! Nice elevation changes and a great rhythm to it. Would like a few more straights as opposed to quick right / lefts, but fun to watch nonetheless.
Old 29 Nov 2017, 18:41 (Ref:3784105)   #4
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad someone else is enjoying it too.

Yeah, the straight into Turn 7 is a bit on the short side to my mind.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 03:38 (Ref:3786212)   #5
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Not specifically bike racing with this tidbit, but I was checking, and Pittsburgh will have another Pro event in 2018, with the Trans-Am Series paying a visit.