Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 29 Apr 2009, 08:52 (Ref:2452046)   #26
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
He hadn't discovered that hill start button, I must tell him. It is a very odd arrangement though.
To avoid confusing your friend, I must point out that there is no separate "hill start button" on Passats.
When you stop on a hill, push the parking brake button as you normally would. When you want to move off again, let the clutch out and the brake releases automatically. It takes a little while to get used/trust it, but it works rather well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz
Back on topic, I was at a wedding over the weekend where one of the guests handbrake failed outside the church, more or less came off in his hand. It was a Saab 93, 2 years old.
Thats a common fault on the "new shape" 93's. As Gordon said, I don't know why designers cant leave well enough alone. All these ergonomic/hidden parking brakes may be pretty, but you cant beat a good old fashioned ratchet handbrake IMO.