Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Jul 2012, 11:45 (Ref:3103703)   #26
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Very rough but here's what I've been thinking of the sidewalls.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 21:19 (Ref:3103941)   #27
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its also possible to colour the tyre compound
Old 8 Jul 2012, 23:41 (Ref:3103982)   #28
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Its also possible to colour the tyre compound
And at the end of weekend victory burnout would look something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeMQdp-sVcY
Old 9 Jul 2012, 21:50 (Ref:3104366)   #29
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
All this points to is that the series should ALWAYS operate on the soft tyre...
I'd go the opposite - a compound of tyre that can be seriously abused without damaging it so if a driver wants to go hard at it for 20 laps he doesn't get held back by the tyres being overworked. Just imagine someone chasing down the leader driving every lap like Walky in the XJS in that qualifying lap. If there's one thing I hate in modern racing, it's the post race interview that goes "...but I had to look after my tyres".
Old 10 Jul 2012, 06:42 (Ref:3104470)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry Woollet, the tyre deal is with Dunlop not Bridgestone
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Jul 2012, 07:24 (Ref:3104482)   #31
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
I'd go the opposite - a compound of tyre that can be seriously abused without damaging it so if a driver wants to go hard at it for 20 laps he doesn't get held back by the tyres being overworked. Just imagine someone chasing down the leader driving every lap like Walky in the XJS in that qualifying lap. If there's one thing I hate in modern racing, it's the post race interview that goes "...but I had to look after my tyres".
But the leader would also have durable tyres, so they could drive as hard as the guy chasing
Old 10 Jul 2012, 12:58 (Ref:3104625)   #32
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent, so the winner is the fastest driver, not the best tyre conservationist. I'd vote for that.