Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jan 2013, 00:09 (Ref:3184415)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, that's the beauty of the future isn't it? We will see how good Lewis is with machinery that was naff this season and how good Jenson is with Perez and without Lewis. I'm actually looking forward to it!
Old 4 Jan 2013, 13:01 (Ref:3184582)   #52
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, that's the beauty of the future isn't it? We will see how good Lewis is with machinery that was naff this season and how good Jenson is with Perez and without Lewis. I'm actually looking forward to it!
Me too!

I really hope the Merc improves though!
Old 4 Jan 2013, 13:17 (Ref:3184585)   #53
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Plus we should be able to correlate just how good Schumacher was (by comparing his results to Rosberg and Rosberg now to hamilton) and so on. I think there's tons of 'forum fodder' to come out of this!
Old 6 Jan 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3185659)   #54
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Plus we should be able to correlate just how good Schumacher was (by comparing his results to Rosberg and Rosberg now to hamilton) and so on. I think there's tons of 'forum fodder' to come out of this!
Y'all know it never works like that, straight up! There are so many damn variables in team mate comparison across machinery and time that if you are to make any conclusions, you are going to need about 30 F1 insiders, a supercomputer, and the knowledge of the entire paddock.
Old 6 Jan 2013, 21:28 (Ref:3185682)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah! We have loads more than that here!
Old 6 Jan 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3185699)   #56
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You're right you know... And if we set up a distributed computing system, we can utilize all 10Tenths users computers to make our own supercomputer!

... Later, we can use it for evil purposes, or CFD, which I think are one and the same.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 10:54 (Ref:3186790)   #57
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Absolutely. Experts are never enough here.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 06:15 (Ref:3199436)   #58
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One things for sure, it's going to be very difficult to say which driver is behind the wheel. They both have yellow helmets and Monster Energy branding.

Old 5 Feb 2013, 13:17 (Ref:3199570)   #59
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Won't the camera things still be different colours?
Old 5 Feb 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3199594)   #60
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Won't the camera things still be different colours?
Yes. One will be yellow, and the other one should be red. Not sure if that's how it works out in testing?
Old 5 Feb 2013, 15:53 (Ref:3199634)   #61
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rosberg was much quicker than Hamilton this morning. Game, set and match.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 04:06 (Ref:3199975)   #62
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Rosberg was much quicker than Hamilton this morning. Game, set and match.
Conclusive proof ladies and gemtlemen
Old 6 Feb 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3200098)   #63
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Enough of the speculation.

So far it's one fire versus one crash.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3200122)   #64
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Does a break failure beat a fire? Just in case we need to count back at the end of the season.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3200126)   #65
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Does a break failure beat a fire? Just in case we need to count back at the end of the season.
They don't count for anything. A drivers performance is discounted entirely if his car breaks down, as was established in a thread at the end of last year.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 04:50 (Ref:3201588)   #66
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Round One: Rosberg
Old 9 Feb 2013, 09:54 (Ref:3201677)   #67
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Round One: Rosberg

8. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1.18.766 162 laps
10. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1.18.905 160 laps
Old 9 Feb 2013, 10:53 (Ref:3201713)   #68
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Hmm...

Early days!
Old 9 Feb 2013, 11:29 (Ref:3201724)   #69
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL. I had no interest in this thread, so mainly ignored it. But this last page, F1Pete's post, may mean I follow it more closely. To be fair to Hamilton, he was on a flyer on what was supposed to be his second last lap. He could've bridged the gap!
Old 9 Feb 2013, 13:08 (Ref:3201760)   #70
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
I have a bet with a friend that Lewis will be on the podium at least once next season , I think he may spring a couple of surprises . I am not a huge Lewis fan but for me he will have the upper hand against Nico . This is not a diss towards Nico, i think he is underrated and on his day can be as quick as anyone else on the track . Trouble is "his days" dont come around too often . I had better start saving !!
Since posting this i have begun to think we may see a different Nico this season , I wonder if it will be alot closer than i originally thought ? I just hope Lewis can keep his head screwed on the right way .
Old 9 Feb 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3202051)   #71
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fourteen hundredths. At this stage that is nothing. I expected him to be quick straight out of the box and he was.

I'm sure far too much will be read into every twist and turn before we reach the grid of race one. Lewis will have had a very successful season if he matches Rosberg. No more, no less.
Old 11 Feb 2013, 18:52 (Ref:3203003)   #72
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
One things for sure, it's going to be very difficult to say which driver is behind the wheel. They both have yellow helmets and Monster Energy branding.

Was starting to think I was the only one who thought this. I'm surprised the team allowed it. It is nice this year that some of the teams are putting the numbers on the rear wing endplates again though.

Last edited by Canada ALMS fan; 11 Feb 2013 at 18:57.
Old 11 Feb 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3203005)   #73
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When it comes to the racing they have the yellow/red camera mount to tell the drivers apart. which is what the FIA use rather than helmets so I'm not sure either them or the team will be that bothered.
Old 12 Feb 2013, 02:49 (Ref:3203214)   #74
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It could be a commentator's nightmare...getting the two mixed up regularly.
Old 12 Feb 2013, 15:29 (Ref:3203536)   #75
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
James Allen would tend to agree..

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/0...-commentators/