Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race?
Vettel 8 12.12%
Webber 4 6.06%
Grosjean 44 66.67%
Alonso 0 0%
Raikkonen 3 4.55%
Hulkenberg 4 6.06%
Gutierrez 3 4.55%
Rosberg 0 0%
Button 0 0%
Massa 0 0%
di Resta 0 0%
Vergne 0 0%
Ricciardo 0 0%
Sutil 0 0%
Perez 0 0%
Maldonado 0 0%
Bottas 0 0%
Pic 0 0%
Chilton 0 0%
Hamilton 0 0%
van der Garde 0 0%
Bianchi 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Oct 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3317184)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race: Japanese Grand Prix

Who is your driver of the race?
Old 13 Oct 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3317190)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Grosjean for me. Terrific performance. Hopefully this will help him to get shot of his 'De Crasheris' tag and establish the #1 position at Lotus.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 15:12 (Ref:3317200)   #3
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Webber gets my vote, because it could be one of his last memorable races of his F1 career.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 15:22 (Ref:3317206)   #4
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What about Gutierrez ?

I know the car has improved lately and he is no star, but finished 7th, got his first points and lately he seems much more comfortable when fighting wheel to wheel with other drivers.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 16:00 (Ref:3317224)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Gave it to grosjean he deserved it
Old 13 Oct 2013, 16:07 (Ref:3317231)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Grosjean. A drive that demonstrates how far he has come. It took a while mind!
Old 13 Oct 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3317237)   #7
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Vettel - Lousy start, contact with Hammy, great recovery, excellent strategy, fifth win in row.

Conveniently there is always someone else to choose so HM to Grosjean for hanging in for so long.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3317244)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No issue of 'convenience' there as far as I'm concerned.

Lousy start. Not normally a praiseworthy issue.....
Contact with Hamilton - let's predict who didn't suffer from that then, shall we..... x
Great recovery. He's driving a Red Bull. x
Excellent strategy. Nope, I'm not even going to go there...... x
Fifth win in a row. Not even I can argue with the stat.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3317255)   #9
Spritle
Veteran

Jeezzzzzzzzzz...you have a persecution complex....x

BTW - I assume the contact with Lewis was deliberate and Vettel's fault too?

Holy schmoly, I just realized my 1000th post was picking on you!! Good job mate for goading me into it!
Old 13 Oct 2013, 16:49 (Ref:3317260)   #10
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There can be only one - RoGro. Yep, he truly stepped up to another level today. After his some what erratic season last year, here he proved himself.

I'll give special mentions to both Vettel for producing a good recovery drive(as well as his fifth win in a row - another record he can tick off on the record books!) and Webber for his dogged determination to get 2nd - despite having issues with the tyres.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 16:51 (Ref:3317263)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No complex here...... Quite the opposite actually - people who know me will tell you how simple I am......

I said nothing about deliberate contact, just the ease with which one can lay bets on an outcome. Sometimes you get lucky, I guess......

And congrats on the grand!
Old 13 Oct 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3317273)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
Vettel - Lousy start, contact with Hammy, great recovery, excellent strategy, fifth win in row.

Conveniently there is always someone else to choose so HM to Grosjean for hanging in for so long.
Got a bit of a persecution complex there?
Old 13 Oct 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3317276)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettel was very good of course (although it was quite a scrappy day by his lofty standards of 2013) but I am sure he will not be upset that people on a forum aren't voting for him in an opinion poll.

The seriousness people invest in these threads these days is terrifying. Used to be fairly light hearted stuff.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 17:06 (Ref:3317278)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
True, and it's a shame but when one driver/car dominates in such a fashion, views inevitably polarise to those who are turned on and those who turn the TV off.......
Old 13 Oct 2013, 17:07 (Ref:3317282)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post

The seriousness people invest in these threads these days is terrifying. Used to be fairly light hearted stuff.
It is scary how intolerant people can be of others opinions.
I just hope I'm allowed to vote for Grosjean.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3317286)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Which in turn makes others intolerant of their opinions. I get genuinely angry reading the forum now, what have I become.

Err, yeah, anyways...
Old 13 Oct 2013, 17:12 (Ref:3317289)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No issue of 'convenience' there as far as I'm concerned.

Contact with Hamilton - let's predict who didn't suffer from that then, shall we..... x
You seriously can't be putting the blame on Vettel ? Actually, you probably are !
Old 13 Oct 2013, 17:13 (Ref:3317292)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No. I'm not. And I didn't. People really need to read posts before they respond.

I referred only to the way in which the luck was shared out after the collision......

I can't blame anyone for that. Sadly.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 17:20 (Ref:3317300)   #19
Spritle
Veteran

OK back to the lighthearted stuff...

Vettel, because he is German and I am not.

HM - Grosjean because he is French and I like French food and French women.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 17:21 (Ref:3317302)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Damn, that's exactly why I gave Romain driver of the race! I must love French food and French woman even more than you.....
Old 13 Oct 2013, 17:49 (Ref:3317326)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Grosjean. What a difference a year makes.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3317385)   #22
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Grosjean, Vettel, Hulkenberg or Guttieriez. All did well. I went for Grosjean, for taking the fight hard to the Red Bulls, and for annhialating his highly rated teammate.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 21:41 (Ref:3317426)   #23
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wanted to give it to Webber (because he's British, of course) but in the end I felt obliged to give DOTR to Fat John. It was only fair, having invented POTR just for him last year.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3317435)   #24
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Gave it to Vettel.

Honourable mention to Rogro who I rate highly. Do feel he and Lotus could have tried harder to actually win the race rather than secure a good result.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 22:13 (Ref:3317444)   #25
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
I voted for Grosjean because of the great start he made, and driving sensibly to finish in the best position he could hope for.

I'm actually finding it hard to judge drivers' performances nowadays. As was so evident today, drivers are driving way off max pace and all the decisions are made by the team over the radio. Drivers steer the cars round and the engineers advise them the pace to stick to, to hang back etc for later effort. Drivers used to have to manage their own tyres/races and just have pit-boards to assist them.