Webber 2 2.78%
Pic 0 0%
van der Garde 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Oct 2013, 16:47 (Ref:3323727)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race: Indian Grand Prix

Who?

Rosberg for me. 2nd in the Mercedes. Didn't need team orders.

Last edited by Born Racer; 27 Oct 2013 at 17:12.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 16:54 (Ref:3323733)   #2
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Grosjean. Quite simply an excellent race.
Hopefully he carries on his improved through the last 3 races and into next season.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 17:06 (Ref:3323742)   #3
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Vettel...

Despite the remote control destruction of Webber's car, the fact that Newey is solely responsible for his success and of course Turkey 2010 & Multi-21 not to mention the dreaded finger; he overcame a questionable decision to start on the rubbish soft tyre, did exactly what he needed to do at the start and worked from, what was it P8 back to contention before many made their first stops and ultimately back to P1 and the race win and his 4th WDC...doughnuts, emotion and history.

Congratulations kid, even though I root for Ferrari, you deserved it!!

HM to RoGro - the, "thank goodness there is someone besides Vettel that may not make me look too biased" choice. ;-).
Old 27 Oct 2013, 17:11 (Ref:3323745)   #4
Dragger
Racer

Dragger has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Grosjean by far. Started 17th, finished on the podium and in a Lotus at that. Impressed. Awesome drive. Much better than clearing out half the field dive bombing into the 1st turn of the race like Spa last year.

Vettel? Eh, best team, best car, best engine...
Old 27 Oct 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3323776)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Romain. 17th to 3rd in a great drive, preserving his tyres and showing his supposed team leader how to do it. Prat of the race to Kimi for trying to hold him back when he should have known it was idiotic to do so.... Ferrari ought to be wondering if they took the wrong Lotus driver......

And yes, a very definite well done to Seb. A great achievement by a great driver. But roll on 2014.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 18:10 (Ref:3323778)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragger View Post
Grosjean by far. Started 17th, finished on the podium and in a Lotus at that. Impressed. Awesome drive. Much better than clearing out half the field dive bombing into the 1st turn of the race like Spa last year.

Vettel? Eh, best team, best car, best engine...
In fairness, you imply that 'in a Lotus at that' is a sign that a Lotus is an amazing car to achieve that in. Not to detract from your personal choice, but it's not world's apart from Vettel's best team, best car, best engine situation.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 18:18 (Ref:3323780)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure I follow that......? If he'd done it in a Red Bull, it would be expected. Doing it in a Lotus was a darned good show.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3323824)   #8
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RoGro , a great drive again 17th to 3rd , honours also to Massa for a great start and of course to Seb , more doughnuts please !
Old 27 Oct 2013, 20:11 (Ref:3323828)   #9
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel, he just dominated for three years a track that now officially becomes a trivia question.

Romain was amazing too, I'm impressed with his recent form and hope he can keep this level consistently.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3323839)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
grosjean, because it goes without saying that vettel couldn't have driven a better race than he did.

romain's on a roll, and it's really good to see him actually be the driver he's always shown that he could be.

special mention to van der garde for his hissy fit about chilton though. nice to see he's got bored of blaming bianchi
Old 27 Oct 2013, 20:40 (Ref:3323844)   #11
Dragger
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
In fairness, you imply that 'in a Lotus at that' is a sign that a Lotus is an amazing car to achieve that in. Not to detract from your personal choice, but it's not world's apart from Vettel's best team, best car, best engine situation.
RedBull, designed by Adrian Newey, leads the Constructor's standings with 470 points.

The Lotus is in 4th with only 285 points and is well known to be struggling financially all season, they've even been late paying their drivers.

The RedBull will get to 500 points before Lotus reaches 300. That alone is substantial, even before looking at qualifying results and all out pace.

Last edited by Dragger; 27 Oct 2013 at 20:54.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 22:42 (Ref:3323908)   #12
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Perez.

Had a quiet race at last and good bag of points.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3323923)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rosberg.

Had a quiet race and a very good bag of points.

It was a very close-run thing for me. I could have given it to Vettel because he did everything he had to do, and did it in style.

I could also have given it to Fat John for his charge through the field, but I felt I had to penalise him a point or two for qualifying down there in the first place.

So I gave it to Rosberg. He was hardly noticed during the race, but he took his Mercedes to a rare result and he comfortably beat his highly rated teammate.
BTW. Why is the son of a Finn who was brought up in Monaco considered to be German?
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:34 (Ref:3323931)   #14
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Grosjean because he came from 17th to 3rd, making Kimi look average again.

But I'll vote for Seb because no one else probably will. He came from even further back after pitting on lap 2 and dropping to 18th. I don't know why they pitted so early, but starting dead last would have been more of advantage than that (except he'd still have to run the softs). And still came through the field and was only 10 seconds behind Webber when he pitted. So from the start Seb gained almost 15 seconds on Webber despite having to pass most of the field. That's pretty remarkable, I wasn't expecting him to do that quite so easily. Alonso on a similar pit sequence was 80+sec behind. Massa and the Mercedes on a better strategy by at least staying on the softs for more than a lap still 30-40s behind.

I don't really see how anyone will beat Vettel in the remaining 3 races, he's got the best car and driving better than anyone at the moment. 9 wins in a row?
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:38 (Ref:3323933)   #15
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragger View Post
RedBull, designed by Adrian Newey, leads the Constructor's standings with 470 points.

The Lotus is in 4th with only 285 points and is well known to be struggling financially all season, they've even been late paying their drivers.

The RedBull will get to 500 points before Lotus reaches 300. That alone is substantial, even before looking at qualifying results and all out pace.
This comparison is misleading. Vettel alone has over 300 points, 115 more than anyone else. Also Grosjean had a lot of issues earlier in the season. If he ran the entire season like he has been the last 3 races, he'd have twice as many points. Lotus are probably the 2nd best team at this stage of the season, followed closely by Mercedes then Ferrari.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:41 (Ref:3323938)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Grosjean....
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:43 (Ref:3323940)   #17
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Grosjean because he came from 17th to 3rd, making Kimi look average again.

But I'll vote for Seb because no one else probably will. He came from even further back after pitting on lap 2 and dropping to 18th. I don't know why they pitted so early, but starting dead last would have been more of advantage than that (except he'd still have to run the softs). And still came through the field and was only 10 seconds behind Webber when he pitted. So from the start Seb gained almost 15 seconds on Webber despite having to pass most of the field. That's pretty remarkable, I wasn't expecting him to do that quite so easily. Alonso on a similar pit sequence was 80+sec behind. Massa and the Mercedes on a better strategy by at least staying on the softs for more than a lap still 30-40s behind.

I don't really see how anyone will beat Vettel in the remaining 3 races, he's got the best car and driving better than anyone at the moment. 9 wins in a row?
Gave it to Vettel, on this basis.
If that is how you absorb the pressure of closing out the WDC ...

Honourable mention to RoGro, great race from a burgeoning star!
Also to Nico, quality in action.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:46 (Ref:3323942)   #18
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
This comparison is misleading. Vettel alone has over 300 points, 115 more than anyone else. Also Grosjean had a lot of issues earlier in the season. If he ran the entire season like he has been the last 3 races, he'd have twice as many points. Lotus are probably the 2nd best team at this stage of the season, followed closely by Mercedes then Ferrari.
All true, but he is young and developing, this should be aimed at his team leader!

Who has apparently already left for the F team!
Old 28 Oct 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3323965)   #19
Dragger
Racer

Quote:
Not really. The Constructor's points gives an average performance of the cars for the season. But you could average out the qualifying times and differential for the past few races or the whole season of RBR vs Lotus, the RBR is considerably faster car and the Lotus is around 4th in the field for all out pace, or average the finishing positions, intervals between them, how ever you want. The results are still the same, the RBR is significantly faster and more efficient than the Lotus, the Lotus is on average behind the Ferraris and Mercs. Kimi is my favorite driver, he's been let down by his car, performance wise, more often than not. If not for outstanding reliability over the past two seasons the Lotus would be even further down the order.

Like I said, Grosjean driving through the field from 17th to podium, in a Lotus, is pretty impressive.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 01:57 (Ref:3323989)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettel, impressive.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 02:35 (Ref:3323992)   #21
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Vettel. He pretty much dominated the weekend and one the championship in style. As much as it pains me to say it... well frickin done man!
Old 28 Oct 2013, 02:56 (Ref:3324004)   #22
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi?
Old 28 Oct 2013, 03:03 (Ref:3324008)   #23
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kimi?
For services to Ferrari's 2013 WCC campaign?
Old 28 Oct 2013, 04:01 (Ref:3324026)   #24
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have to give it the champion of champions.

Vettel, Rosberg and Perez also had great drives.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 06:13 (Ref:3324045)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kimi?
This time Pete, that's distinctly fanboy........

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
BTW. Why is the son of a Finn who was brought up in Monaco considered to be German?
Wasn't he born in Germany? That makes him German, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
All true, but he is young and developing, this should be aimed at his team leader!

Who has apparently already left for the F team!
He clearly wasn't driving for Lotus, was he?