Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2015, 21:24 (Ref:3545347)   #1
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Le Mans 2016 Entry List (and Driver Updates)

Never too early, right?

Michael Shank Racing '90% sure' to be at Le Mans next year. At least they have an eligible car.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...debut-in-2016/

Edited by Ayse on 05.02.16 to put the ACO's entry list as announced today in the first post of this thread).

http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...-mans-2016.pdf

Last edited by Aysedasi; 5 Feb 2016 at 16:18.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 13:18 (Ref:3545523)   #2
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They surely drop out like every other ALMS/USCC prototype team has done since circa 2012 or something. No faith at all in seeing them. Also the Detroit date conflict with test makes it even more unlikely.

Anyway it's four extra garage spots for the grid which should help a bit in this overcrowded environment, albeit if the G56 (or is it G60 now?) actually shows up it's only 59 slots. Not that the likelihood is much better with that than with Shank...

LMP1 numbers depend on if
- The new to be announced project (Glickenhaus?) materializes, and how many cars is it
- Toyota stops fooling around and gives budget for third car
- Kolles doesn't give up
- Other privateer advancements, if any
But I think around 16x is probably safe bet, which is healthy.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 13:43 (Ref:3545528)   #3
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
They surely drop out like every other ALMS/USCC prototype team has done since circa 2012 or something. No faith at all in seeing them. Also the Detroit date conflict with test makes it even more unlikely.

Anyway it's four extra garage spots for the grid which should help a bit in this overcrowded environment, albeit if the G56 (or is it G60 now?) actually shows up it's only 59 slots. Not that the likelihood is much better with that than with Shank...

LMP1 numbers depend on if
- The new to be announced project (Glickenhaus?) materializes, and how many cars is it
- Toyota stops fooling around and gives budget for third car
- Kolles doesn't give up
- Other privateer advancements, if any
But I think around 16x is probably safe bet, which is healthy.
Shank have a money man (Pew) that really wants to come to Le Mans, like Scuderia Corsa have in Sweedler this year.
Pew is the reason why Shank got an LMP2 in the first place.
I wouldn't really be surprised if both Shank and Sweedler appeared at Le Mans next year.

Normally I'd agree with you regarding American teams coming to Le Mans recently, but Shank is slightly different in that their main 'customer' wants to come.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 16:57 (Ref:3545565)   #4
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah but for example in the cases of Greg Pickett and Chris Dyson, they were spared no expense "money men" running their own teams too, and folded under the usual excuse of "we need to concentrate on our own championship"
Old 6 Jun 2015, 16:58 (Ref:3545566)   #5
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like Shank have put a two-year plan together at least with this in mind. Le Mans was being mentioned before they'd even taken delivery of the car. So I'd say we'll likely see them and they might even look to revolve their season around it. I don't think they are a championship-focused team with the Pew Am-element.

A couple of Fords next year will be great too. Sir Chris Hoy will be a nice wider-interest story for the race. Greaves would be my guess for him and it's not a surprise to see them aligning themselves with Nissan again for this year.

It will be interesting to see if Alonso takes another crack at a deal for Le Mans. Depending what you read it doesn't seem like it was too far off this year.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 17:03 (Ref:3545571)   #6
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
It will be interesting to see if Alonso takes another crack at a deal for Le Mans. Depending what you read it doesn't seem like it was too far off this year.
Considering that it was Honda who stopped the deal from coming through at the last minute, sadly I don't think it'll happen next year either.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 17:06 (Ref:3545573)   #7
Deleted
Veteran

Alonso won't get that deal as long as he's part of Ron Dennis's boot camp.

It will be the penultimate time when you will be able to see open tops at Le Mans, and the last time in great numbers (doubt you have THAT many wanting to run under grandfathering rules in 17 with the spec formula)

Prototype grid could/should be 35-40 if LMP1 grows by few and LMP2 doesn't take a hit
Old 6 Jun 2015, 17:15 (Ref:3545574)   #8
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Considering that it was Honda who stopped the deal from coming through at the last minute, sadly I don't think it'll happen next year either.
Like I say it depends what you read: http://autoweek.com/article/formula-...ipping-le-mans
Old 6 Jun 2015, 17:19 (Ref:3545577)   #9
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Like I say it depends what you read: http://autoweek.com/article/formula-...ipping-le-mans
Sounds like BS to me, that Spanish rumor mill. From unreliable chitchat newspaper...

And in any case, why would've theoretical Spa 6 hour conflict and even more theoretical Ecclestone-card changed anything, yeah Spa's alright for prepping but not essential for LM. Porsche could've just run the car with two drivers at Spa and Alonso joined from test day

It's obviously Honda/Dennis blocking
Old 6 Jun 2015, 17:21 (Ref:3545580)   #10
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Sounds like BS to me, that Spanish rumor mill.

And in any case, why would've theoretical Spa 6 hour conflict and even more theoretical Ecclestone-card changed anything, yeah it's alright for prepping but not essential for LM. Porsche could've just run the car with two drivers at Sps
I don't have the answers, and I admit seeing Alonso next year is unlikely. But I'm not going to dismiss it out of hand.

Maybe all of Honda's leverage has disappeared after this year's farcical performance.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 04:45 (Ref:3545993)   #11
antonylight
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cobham
antonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridantonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Garage 56 (60?)

Apparently on French radio the quad amputee Frederic Sausset was said likely to occupy Garage 56 in a specially adapted LMP2 Morgan with possibly an Audi Engine in 2016
Old 8 Jun 2015, 08:57 (Ref:3546055)   #12
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Le Mans 2016 Entry List Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonylight View Post
Apparently on French radio the quad amputee Frederic Sausset was said likely to occupy Garage 56 in a specially adapted LMP2 Morgan with possibly an Audi Engine in 2016

So if the car is specially adapted for a quad amputee then it raises a couple of questions.

1. Will he go solo for a limited amount of time or will he share the car with other drivers?

2. How will he be able to get out of the car in the event of an accident?

Those questions aside I think it's a fantastic project and one fully deserving of the Garage 56 status. Good on him . Does anyone know if he has a blog/webpage/Facebook where we can follow the project?
Old 8 Jun 2015, 09:59 (Ref:3546081)   #13
antonylight
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cobham
antonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridantonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Frederic Sausset - Garage 56?

Info about the project with which Christophe Tinseau is involved can be found at:
http://srt41.com/
Old 8 Jun 2015, 12:37 (Ref:3546120)   #14
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sounds like BS to me, that Spanish rumor mill. From unreliable chitchat newspaper...
Also, when the Korean GP appeared in the calendar it immediately explained by getting one additional engine for the season without a rules fuss. A technicality.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 12:38 (Ref:3546121)   #15
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Prototype grid could/should be 35-40 if LMP1 grows by few and LMP2 doesn't take a hit
Is it time for ACO start thinking about dropping GT Am as a class?

I guess not, gotta have those 7th AF Corse entries.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 14:01 (Ref:3546153)   #16
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Is it time for ACO start thinking about dropping GT Am as a class?

I guess not, gotta have those 7th AF Corse entries.
They should have started considering dropping that "class" as soon as it was announced in June 2010. But they won't as they are scared of hurting peoples feelings and crap, that's the 'everybody must win' world we live in today. So they will turn out LMP2 teams in favor of some extra Ferraris and Astons in order to have "balanced numbers" everywhere.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 19:34 (Ref:3546239)   #17
BTCC 318d
Rookie

BTCC 318d has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well, we know that the Strakka DOME is banned for 17.. I'd love to see them move back to P1 next year to give Rebellion an actual team to beat.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 19:44 (Ref:3546240)   #18
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC 318d View Post
Well, we know that the Strakka DOME is banned for 17.. I'd love to see them move back to P1 next year to give Rebellion an actual team to beat.
All current P2's will probably get a grandfather year in 2017. So theoretically, all current P2's have at least 2 years left.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 21:36 (Ref:3546282)   #19
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
They should have started considering dropping that "class" as soon as it was announced in June 2010. But they won't as they are scared of hurting peoples feelings and crap, that's the 'everybody must win' world we live in today. So they will turn out LMP2 teams in favor of some extra Ferraris and Astons in order to have "balanced numbers" everywhere.
Well when you control a sport where the manufacturers come and go on a whim it makes a lot of sense to keep the privateers on side.
Especially when you consider those same manufacturers like privateers as that's who they sell cars to.

I don't have a problem with GTE-Am, people complain that they take up grid-slots that others could use, but I don't really see others queueing up to take those spots.

Last edited by Hawkwood; 8 Jun 2015 at 21:38. Reason: Bad speeling ;)
Old 11 Jun 2015, 15:51 (Ref:3547479)   #20
antonylight
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cobham
Garage 56 2016 (and 2017)

Sausset Racing Team 41 confirmed at ACO Press Conference today for garage 56 in 2016 with a specially adapted LMP2 car.
Welter Racing confirmed for 2017 with a BW Biogas car
Full details at: www.24h-lemans.com
Old 14 Jun 2015, 18:02 (Ref:3550399)   #21
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd love to see a #7, #8, #9 Toyota lineup next year.
Old 14 Jun 2015, 18:56 (Ref:3550425)   #22
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LMP1: 14
3 Audi
3 Porsche
3 Nissan
2 Toyota (I doubt a 3rd car)
2 Rebellion
1 ByKolles (?)

LMP2: 21 - Always up in the air
2 G-Drive Ligier
2 SMP BR01
1 Greaves Gibson
1 Jota Gibson
1 KCMG Oreca
1 Thiriet Oreca
2 ESM Ligier (?) Go back to Honda?
2 OAK Ligier (?) Maybe only one car?
1 Eurasia Oreca (?) Wildcard
1 Ibanez Oreca (?)
1 Krohn Ligier (?)
1 Morand Morgan (?)
1 Murphy Oreca (?)
1 Pegasus Morgan (?)
1 Shank Ligier (?)
1 Signatech Alpine (?)
1 Strakka Dome (?)

GTE-Pro: 11
2 AF Ferrari
2 Corvette
2 Ganassi Ford
2 Aston Martin
2 Porsche (?) Will the factory come back?
1 Risi Ferrari (?) Please?
BMW (?)

GTE-Am: 17
3 AF Ferrari (Maybe 2)
2 Proton Porsche
1 JMW Ferrari
1 Larbre Corvette (Maybe 2)
3 Aston Martin (?) Maybe only 2?
2 AAI Porsche (?) Maybe only 1?
2 Multimatic Ford (?)
1 Formula Ferrari (?) Likely a reserve again
1 Gulf Porsche (?) Likely a reserve again
1 SMP Ferrari (?)

Garage 60: 1

I basically just listed this year's entry list with a couple extra entries. 64 cars, choose who won't go.
Old 14 Jun 2015, 19:05 (Ref:3550428)   #23
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
2 Multimatic Ford (?)
How can 2016 car be one year old car?

Even it was allowed I doubt the WEC team would be an Am entry, in WEC or LM.
Old 14 Jun 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3550433)   #24
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's true. I forgot they implemented that rule again. My mistake. Maybe 4 Pro entries!
Old 14 Jun 2015, 19:50 (Ref:3550449)   #25
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^ I thought I heard Hindy say 4 Fords for Le Mans but may have just been a slip of tongue or I heard wrong.