Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Dec 2005, 09:55 (Ref:1485995)   #1
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari in 2007

Rumours are flying around concerning Ferrari's potential line up in 2007. 2006, many believe will be Michael's last while Massa is only on a short term contract. First Button was potentially linked with a seat but the biggest rumours surround Raikkonen and Rossi. I think it will be from those 4 (Schumi,Massa, Rossi and Kimi) but which 2?
Old 18 Dec 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1486005)   #2
01Mclaren-fan
Rookie

01Mclaren-fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 2007 Ferrari lineup will be decided on what Micheal decides to do weather to stay or retire!!

Micheal said his decision to retire or not will come in March and theres not really any point in trying to guess the lineup until MS has made his decision
Old 18 Dec 2005, 10:30 (Ref:1486021)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it will be Michael or Kimi teamed with Felipe or Valentino - they will want at elast one experienced driver, and Michael wouldn't be prepared to sacrifice his dominant position within the team. What happens with the first driver may affect what happens with the second.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1486049)   #4
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I also heard that FA & Briatore could go to Ferrari!!

Regarding Rossi, although Ferrari would like to give him a seat, I do not think that he is interested in driving for them. They are requesting that until May he would tell give them a reply.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 12:11 (Ref:1486054)   #5
01Mclaren-fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltafan
I also heard that FA & Briatore could go to Ferrari!!
Where did you hear that ??
Old 18 Dec 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1486056)   #6
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Mclaren-fan
Where did you hear that ??
Can't remember where it was. It was over a week ago for sure and yesterday I was speaking to another person at our club and he mentioned it too.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 12:16 (Ref:1486057)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari could find that the top drivers are signed up elsewhere and don't want to come to the Scuderia.

As the other teams are increasingly major manufacturers it will become harder for Ferrari to compete with their financial clout.

And with the Todt/Brawn/Byrne triumvirate poised to depart in the relatively near future, the team could be heading back to its form of the 80s/early 90s - the occasional win but without the regular pace, reliablility and organisation to challenge for the big prize.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 12:24 (Ref:1486058)   #8
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was under the impression the Rossi thing was to deter the public away from the fact they were sharking Alonso?
Old 18 Dec 2005, 12:55 (Ref:1486071)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it's not been too clever if you've seen through the cunning plan
Old 18 Dec 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1486072)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At this stage, anything is possible. You'll heard that everybody wants to be there in 2007.

The only truth is that TGF will decide his future AND then, they will decide who will replace him and Massa - if needed. Sure they have plans, and plenty options, but it's only in their heads, or behind closed doors, the rest is just rumours.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 13:15 (Ref:1486073)   #11
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Well it's not been too clever if you've seen through the cunning plan
Meaning?
Old 18 Dec 2005, 15:00 (Ref:1486101)   #12
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the first thing to look out for is how competitive the ferrari is next season. We will see this from jan-feb on words. If the lap times are nothing to write home about then michael could decide to pack it in. On the other hand if ferrari get there new V8 singing and bridgestone return to form he could decide to hang around for another few years but then looking at it from that angle......what a perfect time to retire....as world champion. As far as the rossi thing is concerned I really can see that happening, like just thing of the marketing side of it alone. Look at the interest in this whole ferrai/rossi set up all over the world and he hasn't signed anything yet. For the record rossi would be brilliant for f1 and I think he has more than the talent required to not only race in f1 but to win in f1 and given the right package who knows maybe a championship.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 15:28 (Ref:1486110)   #13
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd come up with something abit wild.

Michael is a hardcore enthusiast for racing. At the end of 2006, he may decide that he wants to stop competing at the top level, but that doesn't mean he wants to stop racing.

There's no doubt that Michael at his current, and foreseeable future state, will still be a very quick, experienced, and good driver. But Ferrari and him both know that they would eventually need a driver at his peak to replace Michael.

So what would be the best alternative? Michael moving to Red Bull Racing for 2007-2008 before retirement, Ferrari gets their next man.

Michael has promised that he'd leave F1 a Ferrari driver. Red Bull is an alternative, and RBR has stated that they are interested in getting Michael into their car. Weber has stated that Ferrari has first call, following which a move to RBR is possible. And it benefits everyone. Michael brings further experience and his status to boost RBR, in exchange, he gets two more years of racing without the high pressured expectations of a works team and with a competitive car.

So who's next to Ferrari? I'd still figure that Ferrari will go all out and court Kimi. Which isn't a bad deal. If Kimi fails to clinch the title next year again because of the car, Kimi will probably believe that Mclaren isn't the place for it to happen and that a switch to Ferrari is a better bet (2007 Ferrari has BS experience while Mclaren still needs to blend in). Despite all the rosy picture, i don't see Kimi and Juan sharing a particularly cosy relationship, and that may play a role in seeing Kimi move.

In the event that such a catch fails to materialize, Ferrari would probably switch attention to Fernando Alonso. Flavio is one smart business man, and knows that he can make more money out of FA from another team, not to mention that Flavio has a tray of quality and cheap young talents to replace FA at Renaults. Furthermore, Flavio's contract with Renault is expiring, and there's indications that it won't last further.

For the 2nd seat... it would depend on how Massa performs next year. If he performs solidly and consistently, and Michael quits, there's a good chance that he'd be retained for another year for continuity sake. If it turns out well, Massa may even prove to be better than expected.

Should Massa requires to be replaced however, it would depend on Rossi's test for Ferrari, and the availability of other drivers. But that said, i really can't see Ferrari struggling to find a driver for the 2nd seat in 2007 by any case.

Remember. Massa, Fisichella, Kimi, Alonso all are currently without a 2007 contract. How bad can the situation be for Ferrari?
Old 18 Dec 2005, 15:42 (Ref:1486115)   #14
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Mclaren fail to sort out reliability issues in 2006 thus costing Kimi a chance to challenge for the championship, i can see him jumping ship to Ferrari.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1486148)   #15
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Yes but given the Ferrari's recent form why would KR want to join the Scuderia when he is the first driver at the 2nd best team in f1? Doesn't seem a smart move to me but if Ferrari pick it up and McLaren have more reliability issues Kimi may well move, but if he is under contract then Ron wont want him to go anywhere would he?
Old 18 Dec 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1486160)   #16
01Mclaren-fan
Rookie

Ron Dennis has already said loads of times that he aims to keep both Kimi and Juan past 06!

I think Kimi will stay with Mclaren BUT only if they find another good tech diretor to replace Adrian Newey !!

But has anyone thought that maybe Michael could switch to the DTM like Hakkinen until retirement ??

There are rumours about him going to Mclaren still, but does a Micheal / Mclaren combo really fit ??

I dont think so !!!
Old 18 Dec 2005, 18:20 (Ref:1486164)   #17
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Recent form? Or future prospect?

I remember the first time when Kimi-to-Ferrari rumours first surface, Mclaren-fans are quick to brush it off with arguments along the line "Newey designs fast cars, why would Kimi want to go to Ferrari when Bryne/Brawn/Todt are quitting".

Ironic then that Newey is the first to walk away.

The key issue would be how Mercedes can make it's engine last, and how Mclaren balance the needs of Kimi. Like it or not, deep inside Kimi must have been frustrated that he was just so close to the championship twice...and would have been in it if the car expired one time less. The other times, the mclaren was completely off the schedule.

I'm not saying Kimi will definitely switch to Ferrari. Far from it..it's great uncertainty. But for Mclaren fans to brush it off would be misguided.

Ferrari may not have an excellent 2005. But since 2000, they have been the top car on their tyres, and their worst season is in 2005 with 3rd place. How about Mclaren?

And significantly, with a move towards sole supplier, Michelin's departure in 2007, and Ferrari's dominance in the tyre-change-allowed regulations, Ferrari's experience with Bridgestones, not to mention the departure of Newey, a new engine format facing an engine manufacturer who struggled for most of this decade fighting for performance and reliability... it's not hard to imagine which team is on shakier ground.

Of course, the arrow may swing either way. Kimi can choose to stick with a known risk, or take a small gamble. Mclaren ought to take this risk seriously, and improve significantly if they want to prevent their drivers from being snitched.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1486165)   #18
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I get the feeling that if he is going to switch it will happen soon, like 2007/2008, or else he will be at Mclaren for very longtime to come (possibly the vast majority of/all of his career).
Old 19 Dec 2005, 11:18 (Ref:1486547)   #19
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Kareedouw, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
So what would be the best alternative? Michael moving to Red Bull Racing for 2007-2008 before retirement, Ferrari gets their next man.
I can't see that happening. If Michael decides to keep racing, it will be with Ferrari (not another car with a Ferrari engine). He may even convince
Ross and Todt te keep going for another year (if 2006 goes well). He is to competitive to go racing just for the hell of it, he wants to win.

If he decides to retire, he will probable take on some promotional job (or even scouting for young drivers - maybe even running a driver program for them).
Old 19 Dec 2005, 11:19 (Ref:1486548)   #20
Kicking-back
Veteran

Either Montoya or Raikkonen will be available in 2007...
Old 19 Dec 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1486579)   #21
01Mclaren-fan
Rookie

With the news of Alonso to Mclaren in 07 i think this means that MS is to retire with Kimi taking his place !!
Old 19 Dec 2005, 11:54 (Ref:1486587)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
MS to Red Bull maybe? Unlikely, but hey. Horner has dropped hints.
Old 19 Dec 2005, 12:04 (Ref:1486599)   #23
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that MS will decide to retire at the end of 2006 - no evidence just spec. With AF going to Merc, I think KR will be going to Ferrari. Again no evidence just and idea.

Old 19 Dec 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1486603)   #24
Swiss
Racer

United Kingdom
Hampshire
Swiss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can def seeing MS going into DTM when he retires from F1 !! As said he is an enthusiast racer through and through. Another option I can see is him staying in motorsport as a team principal or a manager bringing on new talent
Old 19 Dec 2005, 12:19 (Ref:1486610)   #25
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How long do we have to wait until MS can race in the Masters against our Nigel?