Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Jan 2010, 13:15 (Ref:2611595)   #1
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
bradrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Schumacher's GP2 Test Controversy....

there is a rumour circulating the internet that ms will drive for 3days at jerez with supernova gp2...quite a welcome testing opportunity to improve the supernova gp2 car...hoping this rumour is false...otherwise i would be really annoyed!!!
Old 11 Jan 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2611597)   #2
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradrive View Post
there is a rumour circulating the internet that ms will drive for 3days at jerez with supernova gp2...quite a welcome testing opportunity to improve the supernova gp2 car...hoping this rumour is false...otherwise i would be really annoyed!!!
even if this is the official gp2 development (hence not the supernova) car...no supernova personnel should be involved with this test...not even a truckie...
Old 11 Jan 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2611601)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think he'll find the car a lot of fun compared to what he's been used to though.....
Old 12 Jan 2010, 17:20 (Ref:2612277)   #4
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I reacted on the Super Nova involvement when I read about it on Autosport, too.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 08:23 (Ref:2612592)   #5
tweak
Rookie

tweak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS Test

Quote:
even if this is the official gp2 development (hence not the supernova) car...no supernova personnel should be involved with this test...not even a truckie...
I agree, you can clearly see from photos of the car being backed into the garage that the dashboard is painted bright yellow, and S-Nova are the only team in the paddock to paint this ! It is obvious that they have painted thier tub and used the development car body with mirrors on pods etc, and used all the Nova regular GP2 mechs/Truckies. It seems there is a deception going on here which we will probably never prove. I'm sure S-Nova wont learn a lot from the test, but if they do try next years suspension options (3rd damper ?) the mechanics at least will have an idea of what spring set-up etc they ended with. Interesting !!
Old 13 Jan 2010, 23:10 (Ref:2613050)   #6
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak View Post
I agree, you can clearly see from photos of the car being backed into the garage that the dashboard is painted bright yellow, and S-Nova are the only team in the paddock to paint this ! It is obvious that they have painted thier tub and used the development car body with mirrors on pods etc, and used all the Nova regular GP2 mechs/Truckies. It seems there is a deception going on here which we will probably never prove. I'm sure S-Nova wont learn a lot from the test, but if they do try next years suspension options (3rd damper ?) the mechanics at least will have an idea of what spring set-up etc they ended with. Interesting !!
u r obviously a brilliant observer knowing ur stuff about gp2 (possibly from a gp2 team other than supernova...as me...hehehe) and observed the same stuff as me on the various utube videos...so u also observed a very popular supernova race engineer and a equally prominent supernova nr1 mechanic with radios...we r not only talking about truckies involved in the test...but u r wrong that they r not learning from the test...give me 3 days with alonso in our gp2 car, testing whatever on the car...and i will learn massively....-these drivers r not young gp2 drivers 2 be teached their racecraft...they r fully blown proper race drivers that will know how a proper racecear must feel and give indications to that regard!!! and this will lead to ideas in the engineer s head to be transformed into testing plans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****!!!! supernova will massively profit from this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it is massively unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!
and i want to set fire on all of the people involved!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM VERY SERIOUSLY ****ING FED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13 Jan 2010, 23:50 (Ref:2613063)   #7
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As soon as I saw Super Nova mentioned in the original Autosport article I was surprised too. How is this allowed?

But it has made me wonder. The GP2 development cars in the past must need a team to run them - which personnel are usually used?
Old 14 Jan 2010, 00:16 (Ref:2613079)   #8
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
As soon as I saw Super Nova mentioned in the original Autosport article I was surprised too. How is this allowed?

But it has made me wonder. The GP2 development cars in the past must need a team to run them - which personnel are usually used?
oreca/gp2 mechanics combined for the chassis and mechacrome personnel for the gearbox/engine. the gp2 testcar is permanently based at oreca and rebuilt by oreca mechanics since 2005 up to now....allways only by these people!
Old 14 Jan 2010, 00:21 (Ref:2613082)   #9
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
Quote:
u r obviously a brilliant observer knowing ur stuff about gp2 (possibly from a gp2 team other than supernova...as me...hehehe) and observed the same stuff as me on the various utube videos...so u also observed a very popular supernova race engineer and a equally prominent supernova nr1 mechanic with radios...we r not only talking about truckies involved in the test...but u r wrong that they r not learning from the test...give me 3 days with alonso in our gp2 car, testing whatever on the car...and i will learn massively....-these drivers r not young gp2 drivers 2 be teached their racecraft...they r fully blown proper race drivers that will know how a proper racecear must feel and give indications to that regard!!! and this will lead to ideas in the engineer s head to be transformed into testing plans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****!!!! supernova will massively profit from this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it is massively unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM VERY SERIOUSLY ****ING FED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND I AM EVEN MORE ****ING FED UP (INCAZZATO NERO COME UNA IENA VIPERATA...ZIO CANCERO) THAT NONE OF THE PERSONNEL OF GP2 TEAMS OTHER THAN SUPERNOVA (AND THERE ARE SOME ON THIS THREAD) ARE COMENTING ON THIS "PORCERIA MEGASPORCA" TO SUPPORT MY POINT!!!!!!
Old 14 Jan 2010, 01:07 (Ref:2613086)   #10
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
oreca/gp2 mechanics combined for the chassis and mechacrome personnel for the gearbox/engine. the gp2 testcar is permanently based at oreca and rebuilt by oreca mechanics since 2005 up to now....allways only by these people!
Thanks for the info.
Old 14 Jan 2010, 01:29 (Ref:2613091)   #11
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Make your points with officials bradrive, although I think it'll be pointless as it is great thing not only for Super Nova but for series as well.

Isn't Willi Weber part owner of David Sears Motorsport a.k.a. Super Nova Racing?!
Old 14 Jan 2010, 11:54 (Ref:2613270)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I've set this up separate from the main off season thread as I felt it warranted its own discussion!!

Thanks,
chunterer
Old 14 Jan 2010, 15:05 (Ref:2613366)   #13
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
Make your points with officials bradrive, although I think it'll be pointless as it is great thing not only for Super Nova but for series as well.

Isn't Willi Weber part owner of David Sears Motorsport a.k.a. Super Nova Racing?!
No ..
Old 14 Jan 2010, 18:21 (Ref:2613441)   #14
medler
Racer

medler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But now it's happened Bradrive what can be done. I suppose GP2 thought it could get away without anybody knowing it was Super Nova running the car, and maybe they've got away with things like that in the past, but if they believed they could keep it a secret with somebody with the profile of Schumacher that they must have been living in Cloud Cookoo. land.
Old 14 Jan 2010, 20:14 (Ref:2613501)   #15
Adri_tifosi
Veteran

Spain
Jerez
Adri_tifosi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@Bradrive

It´s a shame to see some people at the images . . .

Look at the shorts !!! Super Nova Logo . . .

http://gp2.latphoto.co.uk/secured/IM...ownload=045984
Old 14 Jan 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2613527)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
and Shovlin was there too.
Old 15 Jan 2010, 08:18 (Ref:2613709)   #17
tweak
Rookie

tweak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I agree with you now I have seen youtube, Patrick Coory clearly has the radio and clipboard, and as soon as MS comes in he is straight up to the car and 'engineering', Perrin is just in the background as an interested observer. If they are trying next years suspension options then they should not have a current team running it getting info. In Autosport Sears says he has had the car for 10 days in his workshop, when has that happened on a development test before ?!!

By the way, did you notice they are also running tyre warmers and full downforce, interesting developments for the future of GP2, or just the future of M. Schumacher ?!!
Old 15 Jan 2010, 13:30 (Ref:2613798)   #18
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's that guy standing next to Ben?
Old 15 Jan 2010, 15:50 (Ref:2613825)   #19
Champagne Drinker
Rookie

Champagne Drinker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am afraid to say, but is in did a complete flouting of the regulations from the GP2 series organisers!
I am sure no one has any problems with MS testing the car, none at all.

But for GP2 to say it is merely the test car with a few mechanics from SN it complete nonsense!!

Why choose SN, isnt RE just around the corner? If it was just costs i cant imagine why you would fly mechanics over from the UK and pay all the hotel bills!

Also it is very clear that that SN engineer is running the test! If Sear has had the car in his workshop for ten days as stipulated, it shows a comprehensive colaboration between the organisers and SN. How can this be allowed, and if this is what people can see from the internet whoo knows what has gone on behind closed doors at rig machines and so on.

I think it is unbelievable!
Old 15 Jan 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2613856)   #20
Winstoncup
Rookie

Winstoncup should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to agree that this test being run by SN really abuses the GP2 system up to now. It is great that MS wanted to run in a GP2 car that's good for the formula but to allow SN to run it is not in the spirit of competition! This is followed by the SN boss boasting about it at the Autosport show just to rub everyones nose in it! He can't help himself it's almost like he has discovered MS for the first time himself!
Old 16 Jan 2010, 02:39 (Ref:2614091)   #21
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's frankly unfair the technical advantage that SuperNova could get from MS by the tests.
But I see also unfair that GP2 organizers allowed MS to test in their laboratory car and not José MarÃ*a López who was in more need to get mileage into a formula car to re-accustomate him on formula racing. BTW López wanted to test a GP2 and finally had to be conformed with a Sudam F3 car instead.
Old 16 Jan 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2614412)   #22
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, you can't argue it, wherever MS comes, there's some sort of controversy :P
This time it's clearly GP2's dark politics at fault...
Old 21 Jan 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2617014)   #23
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My bet is Michael and Willi would have chosen the team they wanted to run the car - think back to the successful A1-GP partnership between Willi & David running Willi's man Hulkenberg.