Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 Oct 2014, 09:19 (Ref:3459127)   #10
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You're right, Simmi, about contesting the existence of a car. I was more referring to: Here's my
take/progress on blueprints for an LMP1, let's build and race it! vs. Here's my name, let's go racing
with something we maybe build or buy! "Marketing" places the "brand" (smoke) obviously above the
accessible engineering content.

About 'it might have been at the request of Brabham': Perrinn said (see above) he wasn't aware
of the Brabham Project. It's very, very, very hard to believe that the other way round. So that
would imply that Brabham did prefer not to have a connection to the Perrinn project. Begging the
question of the "why". As to not dilute the "brand"? A Question I would have loved being asked
and answered.

The 10pm internet radio is one thing, other sites like e.g. racer doing the same thing is another.
Still it won't make or break anything, but the circle of specialized journalists in the area isn't huge,
and if seemingly a couple of them have similar tastes/preferences and write accordingly, IMHO
they will make an impact, being the professional "multiplicators" they are. I'm neither a PR guy
nor an oceanologist, but ISTM for a tsunami to happen, some unnoticed underground earthquake
has to appear, building momentum to ultimately come up with waves that are hard to ignore. So
if you can control the centre of the quake, you might just be able to shape the waves. If RLM had
asked the question, racer might have had to, Perrinn might have gotten more exposure, the
exclusivity of the announcement dilluted, whatever. Again, I'm not a marketing guy. But Brabham
chose RLM to be #1 for a reason. And that reason is not because it's an internet radio show that
people ignore...

Again, I've supported both projects because ultimately I'd love to see them both. I love Perrinn's
response, but frankly, how else could he respond. I'm disappointed/confused in Brabham not seeing the
bigger opportunity in going to Perrinn than going solo. I'm not a marketing guy though. They might
understand.